Sign in to follow this  
Juje

Who is your person of the year..?

Juje   

We are coming to the end of a year in which Somalia has seen a lot of turmoil, below is a short list of people who have contributed to this period. Choose the one who has the done the best for Somalia according to your understanding and give a reason, if you think someone has been left out please add your suggestion.

somalie_abdullahi_yusuf_ahm.jpg

Abdullahi Yusuf Ahmed :For being the first Somali leader under and impossed on the Somali people by the Ethiopian occupation.

somali_prime_minister.jpg

A.M. Geedi the prime minister who legalized the Ethiopian invasion, and who was finally dethroned on their behest.

sharif.jpg

Sheikh Sharif the leader we never had, and when he ruled - was not actually ruling.

unit-irin.jpg

Dr. Hawa Abdi, a Somali woman who has devoted her time, knowledge, property and effort in helping destitute Somali people.

Madina Mohamud Elmi (Madina General)(could not find her image)

A Somali women who died while serving and helping the displaced people of Mogadishu.

AFP_Somalia_Nur_Hussein_22nov07.jpg

Nuur Haasan Hussen current PM of the TFG who took office on high expectations and hopes of the Somali people but had so far failed them miserably after seeing he was not for a change.

I like your description of Sh. Sharif ....

I would vote for the two ladies who sacrificed their time, life and efforts for helping the suffering people, Madina and Dr. Hawa.

RedSea   

Originally posted by LayZieGirl:

Long Live Sheikh Sharif.

Indeed :cool:

Cadawgii hajabo.

I aint honoring traiotors up in here, so I'll go with the doctor and the sheikh.

If this Hawa Abdi is the honorable somali lady based in Italy who runs schools in Mogadishu on her own by her own money and efforts, then I vote for her (May Allah bless this lady), if she is not that Hawa am talking about then I vote no one from the list.

Emperor   

Looooooool@the leader we never had... At least someone is admitting that this man had never been a leader...

My vote for Hawa Abdi

ElPunto   

^War daa ninka. Even when we get agreement - why must Somalis seek to change it to disagreement? :D

I too vote for the 2 ladies. Time to dump the men as Somali leaders.

Originally posted by Juje:

unit-irin.jpg

Dr. Hawa Abdi, a Somali woman who has devoted her time, knowledge, property and effort in helping destitute Somali people.

I've read Dr Hawa's story sometimes ago and it was inspirational. She is one of the many unsung heroes of the civilwar.

Odeyga   

if you think someone has been left out please add your suggestion.

I think the other Sharif was instrumental in the initial set up of the government and is a true peace-maker.