Sign in to follow this  
Suldaanka

Sheikh Sherif Sheekh Ahmed

Waa siyaasi wayn. How many years was he in politics again? :D

Seriously, how he effortlessly answers tough questions and drives his point home with few words is amazing.

NASSIR   

He is moderate thinker but his views sometimes don't coincide with Aweis. It seems both leaders contradict in their strategic goal, which spurs my suspicion. In his inteview with Hassan Barise @ Hiiraan, he makes crystal clear that his organization is not a threat to Ethiopia and has never pressed Somalis to engage in war. He argues he expects the same from Adis Ababa and is willing to negotiate for any differences and suspicions of fear between the two. He claims he has no affiliation with ONLF or OLF and won't interfere in their affairs.

Don't you think these contradicts the views of Aweeis and pro-court nomads who hail from that Somali region?

Been-Been-Sii aa dhageysatay miyaa?

Shariifka waa hadlaa, magaciis u qalmaa. Sheekh Axmed aa dhalay oo qof la xishmeyn jiray ahaa, ilaa hadana xabaalkiisa la siyaarto.

Su'aasha Talibaan ku saabsanayd iyo indhashareerka oo gabadha weydiisay ka walwalsanayd in la dhaqangeliyo ama hirgiliyo suu ugu meermay aaba i dishay, qosolkiisana dheera ku bilaabay jawaabteeda.

Maxee kugu taalaa as long as kuwa waran la boodka ugu weyn nool yihiin -- sida Rooboow, Ceyroow, Turki iyo Korneel Aweys -- oo safka hore ugu jiraan, wixiisa is that only -- hadal qancis eh, with no ficil following or power commanding.

Originally posted by Miskiin-Macruuf-Aqiyaar:

ilaa hadana xabaalkiisa la siyaarto.

I wonder what Korneel Aweys says about that. :D:D

I don't remember the last time I listened to the BBC. It has become irrelevant as of late.

Gabbal   

I just listened to the broadcast and for whatever suspicion, it seems it was an orchestrated questin/answer session :confused:

Libaax, try listening this special presentation segment. It goes almost for 45 minutes for Q&A session, moderated by Garaadka.

Ciyaalka iskoolada dhigta sida loo brainwash gareeye ayaa la yaabee su'aalaha qaabka daran "jihaad, jihaad" ku haayo ee soo weydinayaan, iyo sida dagaal ugu fakfakanayaan, as though dagaal wax ku cusub inay yihiin. Waaba a whole generation dagal ku koray, yet very enthusiastic ka qeyb qaataan once more. Sad walaahi.

Been-Been-Sii may be irrelevant to those of us in Galbeedka, laakiin kuwa degan xeryaha qaxootiga sida Iffoow, Dadaab, Xarardheere iyo Dhagaxleey ama Soomaalida dalka miyi iyo magaalo degan have no other choice but Been-Been-Sii.

NASSIR   

I just listened and people have deeper concerns for the push of Jihaad whether there would be forced recruitment or voluntary.

But people are weary of the war and most of their questions appeared to be suggestions to look for other practical solution instead of resorting to war.

Shariif sounds honest to me when it comes to our neighboring countries and their direct destabilization of Somalia altho he is rushing to a bad decision.

He answered the "Somaliland" question in contravention of the reckless declaration of war By Hassan Turki

Xoogsade   

Waa loo baahan yahay qof mayal adag iyo mid kale oo qunyar socod ah inay isku ulajeeddo noqdaan oo hal meel wax ka wadaan. Both serve important objectives although I don't see what evidence people who blame Uweys for being a hardliner have. Can somebody post something he said which proves his hardliner stance? Shaqsi ahaan waxba kama qabi aniga inuu xagjir yahay, I just don't see how some of you constantly say that about him without showing any evidence. May be the evidence waa qabiilkuu ka dhashay so there is no need to provide anything or from his itihaad days(just remembered).

Goormee interviewga dhacay aan dhegeestee hadhoow the been-beensiida? :D Was it the morning one on 28th?

Libaax-San-Kataabte

Sheekh shariif fasaxuu u heestaa inuu aabihiis siyaarto :D:D

Temujin   

Ciyaalka iskoolada dhigta sida loo brainwash gareeye ayaa la yaabee

I don't know what methods they are employing in brainwashing these kids but they are very effective. I have seen the results first hand myself.

I don't know what methods they are employing in brainwashing these kids but they are very effective. I have seen the results first hand myself.

Temuje, I wonder if you can share your story with us then, I mean how? if you dont mind :D

Wiilo   

That was excellent program, and Sheikh was very articulate answering those qs. I don't think those kids were brainwashed, in fact they were knowledgable about the current issues and they were just expressing their newly found "Freedom".

Go figure:............

Shariif sounds honest to me when it comes to our neighboring countries and their direct destabilization of Somalia altho he is rushing to a bad decision.

I think he has a very good point when he says that the world has agreed to keep the Somalis in the situation they are in. It is apparently becoming very clear. No one wants Somaliland, Puntland or ICU or TFG or whatever. They just want to keep us in the gutter as we are killing each other till eternity.

God Help us.

NASSIR   

'That is, tribalism has to be destroyed if the Somali people are to be saved from perpetual internecine war, misery, abject poverty and the possible take-over of their country by more powerful, hostile neighboring countries." DR. M. Yahye

Suldan , I think it is something that is very obvious to every Somali person, but we seem to have retired our cognizance of this fact based on political insecurity we hold amongst each other, thereby eroding our confidence and trust fr. and within our most capable leaders. Our neighbors, Kenya and Ethiopia, have come to know also a long time ago of our weakest spot through the works of cultural anthropologists like Enrico Cerulli and Lewis. Cerruli was the first to recognize of our lineage segmentation and its destructive nature whereas Lewis further expanded the subject. This painful spot is where neighbors thrust obtrusively to prevent a powerful Somalia standing on its own feet for their strategic goal--a long term plan for their survival. It doesn't matter "Somaliland" "Puntland" or whatever because we are all the same and internal pressure might induce a potential, recognized state to take a stand on the border issue. Granting "Somaliland" independence , for instance, could also engage in border dispute with the neighboring cuontries, according to their own belief. The people of the North West and North East in Pre-Somaliland have tribal distributions within the Somali region of Ethiopia. So, what precludes "a powerful somaliland" from interfering in the politics of Ethiopia when its own Somali-Ethiopian tend to measure their lives in days?

However, we can emphasize this problem and prohibit its identification just like the Dervish and SYL did.