Sign in to follow this  
Libaax-Sankataabte

Hashara is running

H.E AMBASSADOR AHMED ABDI HASHI HASHARA (the brother of Puntland vice-President) who is the Permanent Representative/Ambassador of the SomaliRepublic to the United Nations is running for president.

xashara1.jpg

H.E Sharif Hassan Sheikh Aden

Speaker Somali Transitional Federal Parliament

Nairobi,

SUBJECT: DECLARATION OF CANDIDATURE

Mr. Speaker,

Somalia is at crossroads after fourteen years of civil war and lack of a functional government The Somali national Reconciliation process has progressed albeit at a snail’s pace.

Today, a Transitional federal parliament has been selected and the election of the Head of State is scheduled for the 10th of October 2004,

The new Somalia needs leadership with a vision, sincere and strong commitment to the completion of the national reconciliation process,

The new Somalia needs an untainted leadership that can deliver on the aspirations of the Somali people, for peace unity, respect for the rule of law and human rights.

The new Somalia needs a leadership that has not failed, a consensus builder, team player and a person with a wide experience and acceptable to both the Somali people and the international community.

Leadership that appreciates the magnitude of Somali issues with the proven ability to address them in a serious and sustainable manner.

A leadership that can unify a fractured nation, heal the wounds of the civil war and lives in peace with itself, its neighbors and the world at large.

The new Somalia needs leadership with proven record of honesty and integrity.

Mr. Speaker,

Believing sincerely that I qualify as the leader of the new Somalia, I have the honor to offer my services to the Somali people and hereby declare my candidature for the office of President of Somalia.

I pledge, when elected, to serve the Somali people with dedication, diligence and with all the power a human being can master and so help me God.

H.E Ambassador Ahmed Abdi Hashi (Hashara)

CC: ALL MPS OF SOMALI TRANSITIONAL FEDERAL PARLIAMENT CHAIRPERSON IGAD FACILTATION COMMITTEE

ALL IFC MEMBERS

ALL IPF MEMBERS

NAIROBI 29 September, 2004

--------------------------------------------------------------------------------

LIFE HISTORY

OF H.E AMBASSADOR AHMED ABDI HASHI (HASHARA)

WORK EXPERIENCE:

2001 – Present Permanent Representative/Ambassador of the SomaliRepublic to the United Nations, New York

1998 – 2000 Coordinator, Refugee and Immigrant Issues, Citizens of Public Justice, Ottawa/Toronto.

1995-1997 Executive Director, Somali Center for Women and Youth.

1993 – 1994 Coordinator, Somali Women’s Education Project, sponsored by YMCA of Canada; a unique and innovative first language (Somali) literacy project with a view to enhancing literacy standards at the ESL level of Somali women in Ottawa

1993 – 1994 Member of the Executive Committee, Horn of Africa Policy Group

1987 – 1989 Permanent Secretary, Somali Ministry of Culture & Higher Education.

1987 – 1989 Secretary General, Somali National Commission for UNESCO

1987 – 1989 Alternate Member, UNESCO Executive Board

1985 – 1987 Permanent Secretary, Ministry of Justice

1981 – 1985 Political detainee at the Laanta Buur Maximum Security Prison (adopted by Amensty International as Prisoner of Conscience)

1978 – 1980 Permanent Secretary, Ministry of Justice

1978 – 1980 Chairperson, Consultative Commission for Legislation

1976 – 1978 Somali Ambassador to the former GDR, East Berlin.

1975 Political detainee at the Laanta Buur Maximum Security Prison

1973 – 1974 Permanent Secretary, Ministry of Higher Education & Culture (a newly created Ministry)

1972 Acting Director of Political Affairs, Ministry of Foreign Affairs.

1967 – 1970 Department of Legislation, Ministry of Justice

1957 – 1961 Teacher, Headmaster of Primary and Intermediate schools in the former British Protectorate of Somaliland.

EDUCATION:

1957 – 1961 Teacher, Headmaster of Primary and Intermediate schools in the former British Protectorate of Somaliland.

1961 – 1966 Moscow P. Lumumba University. Masters Degree in Law with First Class Honors (Specialization – International Law)

1955 – 1955 Teacher Training College. Diploma in Teaching

LANGUAGES:

Somali, English, Arabic, & Russian.

** Attended many international conferences.

I thought you meant Hashara was on the loose as a fugitive or something. :D Anyway...

He looks like a good candidate! Well educated and experienced, he might be the best now among the candidates. And I see he's detained once in Laanta Buur prison by Siad Barre, so he must have some kind of conscious. Hope he's free of qabiil!

Gediid   

The man has left nothing off his resume including his time in the pen.I wonder what his new resume after the elections will sound like

2004-Ran for President but lost dismally :D

Senora   

^^^LOL.....I was like.." Hows that work experience"....

Well better to get it out b4 others try to bring him down with it I guess....

Is the election really on the 10th?.....or is that like a primary...?

Sophist   

Fat chance of that happening?

Isn't he the brother of the current Puntland president (acting president) H.E. Ahmed Abdi Hashi?