Sign in to follow this  
Jacaylbaro

27th 31st May

Those were the golden days marked on the history of the Somali people, Horn of Africa and the rest of the continent.

The days where Burco and Hargeisa were invaded and the real struggle of the people started. The sad day and the day of joy at the same time.

CONGRATULATIONS to all Somalilanders for their struggle to overthrow the dictatorship and work for the good of their country.

Maanta waa labaatan guuradii ka soo wareegtay soo geliddii ay ciidamada SNM soo galeen magaalooyinka Burco 27 May iyo Hargeisa 31 May. Mudadaasi waxay ahayd markii ay ugu naxdinta badnayd islamarkaana ay ugu farxada badnayd. Way ugu naxdin badnady oo markii dawladihii Siyaad Barre iyo Mingisti ay heshiiyeen, waxay u muuqatay in halgankii dhabarka ka jabay dad badana walaac iyo werwer bay gelisay. Haddana way ugu farxad badnayd oo markii la gaadhay go'aankii " geeri amma gobanimo" ee mujaahidiintu ay geesinimo ku soo galeen magaalooyinka ayaa dadkii joogay dibada iyo guduhuba ay farxad hanqalka la soo kaceen.

Arintaasi waxay noolaysay yididiiladii naxashka saarnayd. Waxay si weyn wax uga bedeshay qaab siyaasadeedkii Somaalia iyo geeska Afrikaba waxaya curad u noqotay halgamo badan oo gobolka iyo aduunweynahaba ka dhacay oo runtii la odhan karo waxbay ka barteen waana ku daydeen.

Ragga maalintaa hawlgalka soo galay kumay tala gelin inay noolaadaan oo iyagu ay gurtaan midhaha gobanimada laakiin waxay u socdeen inay dadkooda xoreeyaan si faca ka dambeeyaa u helo xornimo buuxda. Waxay muujiyeen geesinimo xad dhaaf ah, dal iyo dad jacal, caddaald doon, quudhsi diid iyo mabda' adayg. Haddaba taariikhdaa dalka iyo dadka ayaa iska leh waana in illaashdaan, wax ka bartaan, kala dhaxlaan oo mudnaanteeda siiyaan.

Waxaan markaa salaamaya dadka reer Somaaliland meel kasta oo ay ku nool yihiin. Mujaahidiinta noolna waxaan leeyahay "la shukra calal waajib" waxaad u adeegteen dadkiina iyo dalkiina waxana mudantihiin milgo iyo sharaf midhaheediina maanta waad aragtaan. Intii shahiidayna waxaan leeyahay illaahay ha u naxariisto oo jannaat al firdows ha ka waraabiyo. Dadweynihii hiil iyo hooba la garab taagnaana waxaan leeyahay waajibkiinii ayaad gudateen wixii naf iyo maal lagu waayeyna illaahay wax khayr qab ha idiinku bedelo.

Muj. Ahmed Mire

This is not to take away from the love fest on this thread, however can someone clearify the definition, the actual meanning of Mujaheedin.

From what I gather, its in relation to a warrior or soldier who fights on behalf of his faith.

Thus in the context of the north's war against the Barre regime, what is the reasoning behind muslims fighting against muslims?

Fabregas   

^^lol, I see you're giving the seccesionist followers a hard time these days! :D

Mujahideen means those who strive/struggle for the for the deen of Al-Islam. Technically, every Muslim is a mujahid/mujihada. One has to struggle with the lowly desires and the whisperings of Shaytan, in order that one may fully submit and regulate his heart and actions with what Allah, the Almighty, has regulated and forbidden! One also struggles against the environment around them and everythig that calls to submission/following for other than Allah and his Prophet( saw). This means struggling against oppression, tyranny and othe injustices commited by other human beings, if one has the capacity to do so. If a person is a tribalist, then he can't really perform the pshyical-armed Jihad, since He hasn't overcome and fought the battles raging within his own heart: to remove un-islamic ideologies and desires from his heart/actions!

In the context of the SNM, they don't really fit the classical context of Mujahideen, since they were struggling for a clanish and/or secular rebellion to remove another secular entity. The least that can be said is that they were( perhaps) fighting against tryanny an defending their homes, for which in certain cases a Muslim is allowed to defend himself against a person attacking his property/livelihood. Even the attack of the religous movement,Alitixaad, on Puntland wasn't considered a Jihad by some Ulema! Though, I gather Mujahideen is being used in a slightly different contenxt by the above users( to denote an ethnic-secular-nationalistic victory), as opposed to a victory of Islam!

lol Abu_Geeljire,

Actually I have alot of respect and admiration of the way the northern diaspora comes together and helps its fellow country women/men. Equally im impressed and at times entertained at their lobbyist tactics.

However, I truly believe anyone that is for peace and stability in the northern part of Somalia, can not fully support the snm militia. Simply based on the many disregarded counts of atrocities they have committed. Some easily forget, in the midst of their support. This is a problem, to the idea of brotherhood and co-existence in the north. One cannot fully praise an entity that murdered many civilians, yet expect their neighbors to simply accept that.

Its immoral to say the least.

Jacaylbaro,

So if Mujaheedin is an islamic term, then in what contexte does the name fit them?

jacaylbaro u can call your Mujaheediin mujaheed because dagaalkoodii xaq bay ahayd.

Just like when imam hussein he was killed bye the abasids right they where muslim. yet Imam husseina was a mujaheed somaha.

hada guragaaga lugug soo doonto xaq baad uu leedahay inad ku dagaalantiid

yuu qatiluna fii sabilahi bi an walahum bi an fuzakum

27th and 31st is great day. Lois Lane in combat things happen the point is that now in somaliland those groups are working together and let go of the ravages of war. You can not blind us here of the peace and co-exsistances of groups up in that region.

SomaliThinker,

Right off the bat walaal, saying "things happen" is a condencending expression, its minimizing the suffering that peaceful regions in the north had to go throught.

Just like out of respect, it would be misplaced to say "things happen" in regards to those that lost lives in Hargeisa and other parts of the north at the hands of the Barre regime.

Now, I really dont know where you got the idea that im in the business of blinding some in regards to the present state of peace in somaliland, but if all it takes is arguments on an internet site, then perhaps some of you were blind to begin with.

Contrary to what you might believe I always spoke highly of the northern citizens and their abilities to co-exist in peace. However I refuse to pretend, and honor a bunch of thugs, pathetic militia who arbored hate and murdered many civilians in the mist of their goal. While whithin war, many unfortunate, sometime inhuman act will occur, I dont think that praising a group of men who committed war crimes in the same city and country as those they have killed is a wise decision.

SNM is history, the bravely fought, libarated the country, created Somaliland then left. What remains now is the marked days where people rember and honor those historical days.

I will probably attend the one on 31st since i was here the day they invaded Hargeisa. Instead of hiding from the bullets, i remember climbing the roof of the house and shouting with a joy until my parents noticed and screamed at me to get off ....... :D

Abtigiis   

While there is no question that the SNM struggle was just, there is also no question that the onset of anarchy and de facto statelessness in the south precipitated the blurring of its vision from anti-opperssion roots to secession. Most founding fathers of the orgainstaion fought heroically to uphold the dream of one Somalia with fair distribution of power, priviledges and resources.

The young generation are just being fed the negative aspects of the union, and indoctrininated with something that is akin to clan cult beliefs. behind the facade of 'nation building' looms an act of tragic revival of clannish identity.

Abtigiis   

While there is no question that the SNM struggle was just, there is also no question that the onset of anarchy and de facto statelessness in the south precipitated the blurring of its vision from anti-opperssion roots to secession. Most founding fathers of the orgainstaion fought heroically to uphold the dream of one Somalia with fair distribution of power, priviledges and resources.

The young generation are just being fed the negative aspects of the union, and indoctrininated with something that is akin to clan cult beliefs. behind the facade of 'nation building' looms a tragic revival of clannish identity.

You don't need to repeat the same post after 10 minutes time ......... If you don't get a replay that means it is not worth it.

Abtigiis   

^ That is technical error, JB. I know you are passionate about this subject, but your modus operandi of dealing with nerve-rattling comments have all too well be similar. A one line of notice: It is rubbsih, It doesn't worth a reply, It is ... litany. Come on JB, you are surely more creative than that. Say something new!

By the way, did I tell you what I like most about Somaliland afficionados? It is when they say 'Qaranimadda Somaliland waa muqadas' and 'Somaliland caalamka oo dhan ayaa indhaha ku haya ooy tusaale u tahay'!!KKKKKK!

Is deji saaxib. Patriotism can be a disease sometimes! Especially when it is for a feifdom.