Sign in to follow this  
Nur

I am also a Shia too!

Viking   

Nur,

Bro, as you may have noticed by now, not everyone is able to debate in a scholarly fashion. Offcourse, it would be ideal if she followed your structured discussions and participated by confirming or refuting your claims in an orderly manner instead of just posing questions. But we all, at some point, have questions that need answers. Sometimes people just wonder how and why certain events unfolded the way they did. The questions Sakina has posed are legitimate and deserve to be adressed, for her worries are not about the contents of al-Kaafi or the story of ibn Saba, but certain significant historical events.

I have (previously) asked you about 'The tragedy of Thrusday' and the absence of Ali ibn Abi Talib and some prominent Sahaba from the nomination of the first Khalifah but don't recall ever getting any response from you. These are important events in the history of Islam that people could need clarification on, so please don't ignore her questions or doubt her sincerity. It is not to her (or others') benefit either when you answer a question with another question. The best thing I think would be would be to give her the benefit of the doubt and adress her queries to the best of your knowledge.

What makes you think that suspecting a person to be a Shia is necessarily a bad thing?

If she is a Shi'a, you are Shi'a, I am Sh'ia and everyone else is too, then there isn't a point in referring to her as Shi'a, is there? Unless you mean she is the 'deviant' type of Shi'a.

Nur   

Viking Bro.

You write:

" Sometimes people just wonder how and why certain events unfolded the way they did. The questions Sakina has posed are legitimate and deserve to be adressed, for her worries are not about the contents of al-Kaafi or the story of ibn Saba, but certain significant historical events .

Answer:

Allah SWT says "And those who came first to belive in Islam, from among the Immigrants and the Helpers and those who followed them in good deeds, Allah was pleased with them and they were pleased with Him . He has prepared for them gardens beneath which rivers flow, abiding therein forever. That is the great triumph ." (Al-Tawbah, 100)

He also says: " Muhammad the Messenger of Allah, and those who are with him, are firm upon the unbelievers, compassionate among themselves, you see them bowing down, prostrating themselves ." (Al-Fatx, 29)

The best source to validate any claim would be the Quraan, here brother Allah SWT clearly says that he was satisfied with the companions of Muhaamad SAWS. Not to believe the Quraan and instead to believe concotted stories written by people I have shown their contempt for the Quraan is a grave error, to claim that the companions have collectively conspired to deny the Imamate to Ali would constitute a conflict with the above verses of Quraan in which Allah SWT exonerated the companions with such laudable qualities, it also casts doubt on the choice of Allah's words about the companions, which is a major league sin.

The story of that thursday is the congregating point of the Shia who wanted to make a case predating the problem created by Abdullah Ibn Sabaa and company , so that the rift would seem to have started way back during the first Caliphate which is an outright lie.

What is known by all is that the Companions never held a unanimous vote on any issue, although they ovewhlmingly made bayca for Abu Bakar, there were those who did not, however, it never constituted a warrant for the divison of Muslims politically nor in beliefs as stark as I have presented. A critical person would at least suspect some fishy business, shouldn't you too suspect who would be the beneficiary of such division in the Ummah during these early days? Who would have benefited from chaos in fight over leadership? and of all people, why would Ali give baycah to Abu Bakar if he was the right WASIYY for Wialaayah, like the Shia claim.

The reason that I have presented the stories from the Shia books and their beliefs was in itself to support of the invalidity of their claims. I have even presented from their Major source Nahjul Balaagha, the Sermon of Ali RAA about the caliphate Which Ali Clearly says without any protest from the authenticity:

" I was elected by the same people who have elected Abu bakar, Omar and Othman whith the same mandate as theirs, so neither does a present person has a right to elect nor an absent person have the right to reject (as the same committee elected me with the same mandate), because the Shuraa consultative election is for the Muhaajirs and the Ansaar, and they have unanimously elected a man and they named him an IMAAM, an action that pleased Allah SWT, so in case a person dissents their choice by a slander, or introduces a Bidcah, (innovation ) bring him back to his sense, if he refuses, fight him for his (crime) of following a different path than that of the believers" source ; Nahjul Balaagha, Volume 3, page 7

Ali RAA in his speech referred to the above verse in which Allah SWT said he was pleased with the companions, when hes said :

" because the Shuraa consultative election is for the Muhaajirs and the Ansaar, and they have unanimously elected a man and they named him an IMAAM

Ali goes on to tie this fact to the satisfaction of Allah in the above verse saying :

".......an action that pleased Allah SWT "

With such a clear manifest from the Amirul Mumineen, Ali RAA himself, and from their most revered source, Nahjul Balaagha Book, neither you nor the sister are still convinced until I address what happened that Thursday, but with Allah's help, I shall, inshaAllah, I will address it if Allah blesses me with a breathing time. But again, you may well decide not to believe the facts I presented, but that would be your rightful choice, and my duty as a warner ends at that point.

Nur

Viking   

Nur,

Bro, the verse you quoted from sura Al-Tauba, atleast as I understood it, referred to the time our Noble Prophet PBUH went to Madinah and brought together the Ansar and the Muhajireen, joining them as brothers in Islam.

The following verse was revealed just before our Noble Prophet PBUH made his speech in Ghadir Khumm.

"O Apostle! Deliver what has been sent down to you from your Lord; and if you don't do it, you have not delivered His message (at all);and

Allah will protect you from the people ..." (Al-Maidah 5:67)

The Prophet PBUH later said...

"Man kuntu mawlahu fa hadha 'Aliyun mawlahu."

If I have intepreted or understood this historical day wrongly, please enlighten me.

Why is it you attack Shi'a when they use the Sunni Hadiths 'when it suits them' and then (you) go ahead and do the same thing? You use quotations from the Nahj al Balagha which you have repeatedly said that you didn't believe it to be the words of Ali ibn Abi Talib. Do you really believe those words (in the Nahj) to be uttered by Ali ibn Abi Talib or are you doing what you accused the Shi'a of (to suit your needs)? Plus, there are some other parts of the sermon (Shiqshiqiya) which say quite the opposite.

I agree with you that Ali ibn Abi Talib did not fight the nomination of the Caliphs. This is how I have understood it and please correct me if you think I have got it all wrong...

-For the appointment of the first Caliphate (Abu Bakr's), Ali wasn't present when he was nominated because he was busy making preparations for the burial of our Noble Prophet PBUH who had just passed away. The matter had been resolved in his absence.

-If I am not mistaken, Abu Bakr nominated Umar (may Allah be pleased with them).

-And during the nomination of the thrid Khalifah, AbdulRahman's vote had a condition tied to it that Uthman agreed to (Ali didn't) and thus won the nomination.

Nur   

Viking

You quote the verse

"O Apostle! Deliver what has been sent down to you from your Lord; and if you don't do it, you have not delivered His message (at all);and

Allah will protect you from the people ..." (Al-Maidah 5:67)

Do you suggest that accodring to this verse that the prophet SAWS did convey the message of the Wilaayah, thus clearly meaning the Khilaafa of Ali by that hadeeth ? or are you suggesting like many other Shia scholars say that the Prophet SAWS failed to make a final wassiyya upon his death? Either way, that above verse if you are not careful will backfire on you because, either the prophet SAWS goofed, or he did it but forgot to make a wassiyyah at his death bed? you have to be very resourceful to find an answer.

I will quote similar verses the Shia interpreted to mean that Ali was devine, from the same sources, then you will have the responsibility of explaining which one to believe and which one you dont and why.

The verse I quoted, is general I never said it was partricular that Allah SAWS was pleased with the Companions of the Prophet SAWS, the satisfaction of Allah was never lifted afterwards if that is waht you are suggesting thereby reenfrocing the Shia point that they all became Kuffar after the Prophets death.

Contrary to what the Shia say about the verse you've quoted. That verse meant " Relay the message of Islam in its totality " not the Imamate of Ali. For the Shia, Ali's imamate is the core religion, thus no wonder they interpret everything around Ali, not Islam which was the object of the message to beginh with.

The Nahjul Balaagha, as I have read, is the closest to truth, although after being in the possesion of the Shia, all of it is questionable, so as you have not argued with Shia when they have used what they have said it is sunni without showing the SANAD (Line of narration) , I have shown that Ali in their book clearly stated, so, pick your choice.

The Imamate of Ali if it was a political issue, there is no problem in disagreement, on the other hand if you believe that Ali's appointment according to the above verse was a devine decree, then, according to Kulieny, and company, all of what the Shia say about the corruption of Quran, ( that verses were removed that appointed Ali ) his sacred infallible divinity and that of the imaams becomes understandable. Once people create a lie, they have to back it up with many more lies for it to work.

Viking, one advice, if you spend a third of the effort examining the Sussin version of what happened as you did with the Shia, you would not need me aor anybody else, the material is readily evailable in these times of the internet, so, seek the truth, no matter ho much you dislike the result, at the end, you will be the winner.

Nur

Beard   

Bismillah,

The scholarly difference and gap between the debators is striking.

Bro. Nur, I hope you continue to be patient for the sake of Allah(swt).

I am particularly suprised by the shia or shia supporters who don't counter Nur's points and rigidly stick to their shia leaning positions. I am interested what shias have to say about this topic but their contribution is dissapointing.

It is clear from Nur's work that the shia are raising and paising Ali and the Imam's too much.Don't you think this is how the christians went astray?

Where did they get the photograph of Imam Ali?

The shia existed for a thousand years before Sheikh muhammad AbdulWahab so "salafi propaganda" does not hold water.

Again the salafis emphasise on Tawheed as much as the shia emphasise on Ali.

What raised the prophet(saws) and his companions(tawheed) is the only thing that will raise us from the present humiliation.

We don't need people with wrong aqida just to keep the numbers up.

Som@li   

Originally posted by Beard:

Bismillah,

We don't need people with wrong aqida just to keep the numbers up.

^^ i agree with u. i never knew who had so much DHAKAXLEEY in our community, subxaanalaah.

Brother NUr keep up the good work,i learned alot form this topic walahi, i myself used to to live in area dominated by them,their enemy NO 1 is the Sunnis.

Nur

I have posted this message lest you think to yourself "fa buhita alladii kafar". Well that is not quite the case "Akhuuya".I am in the final stage of my research/compiliaton; inshallah, if there are no further time constraints on my part, I shall bring to a conclusion my "dialectic/explication", if you will, within a week. So far it is sixty pages in Word Document; hopefully, I can eliminate any extraneous information so as to keep it under fifty pages.

Nur   

Mutakallim bro.

I Thank you for taking the time to work on such a lenghty document, I myself posted my research in haste only under your and Vikings pressure to address core issues, If I had the luxury of the time, i would have also needed as much time as you took answering my post, thus producing more detailed and explained material. But I am sure that in any intellectual Islamic exchange of thoughts, the goal is not to win an argument, rather it is to win the pleasure of Allah SWT and paradise, and I assure you ahead, that if anything that you post matches my conviction, that I will not selfishly deny.

I also hope that what you are going to post is genuinely your own work with references of all your sources, but not a proxy like what (Mr. Q., Feinman) has done by posting long responses from an absent debator, The reason being that we need spontaneity if this thread has to be for its audience. I have no problem with any point of view that i answer as long as it is from someone aho is active on the board with me like you.

For that purpose, I hope that you address key issues detrimental to the discussion

1. Your anderstanding of Tawheed

2. Your understanding of What constitutes a diety

3. Your understanding of What is Imamate and the role of the Messengers

4. Your understanding of the integrity of the Quraan

And finally, and in case you accept the Quraan as the complete word of Allah SWT, to make the Quraan our common point of reference.

Wallaahu min waraa'il qasd.

Nur

Guys,

i am very pleased to see somali brothers and sisters debating in very scholarly fashion on thier believes. what i am surprise though is why some people do not accept others to embrace what they like, actualy this topic being discuss several times, but seems that some of us blindly defind thier groups without even giving any reason.

i am not suni neither i am shiat, but open to take good from both sides. i am absolutely agains blind support of a certain groups.

shiat are well known and sunis are well known, how shiat break away from sunis and why are the point of battle.

i have read in a sunis magazin ( i think it was al-mujtama from kuwait) that sunis and shiat agree 95% of of islamic issues and aspect and have difference in only 5%, that is the very interesting becuase i think provided the honest debates both groups can come together.

rememebr this: that there are alot of shiat groups and sunis as well,so care should be taken when talking about shiat becuase not all groups are correct shia.in my next post i will try to talk about the foundmentle difference between shiat and sunis, untill then good bye

wasalaamu calaykum

Saabir   

I always take the pride of calling Somalia and Somalis as being a homogenous country when debating with the non-somalis, but these days I unfortunately see things changing, somali-Shias is one example!!!.

As we dont have Shias in Somalia,I must assume that these guys are Shia-converts. My question is what made you guys become shi'ite??.

Tuujiye   

Brother Nur I have a great respect for you brother and I would like to give you an advice...

please iska daa dadkaan shicada ah...

Walaahi markaan bartay shicada iyo diintooda aad baan u murugooday. Walaal iskuul baan u dhigtay oo waan bartay waxa ee aamin san yihiin waxeena ila noqotay wax aan caqli gal aheyn.

Aniga wili waxa aan maqlin waa "mudca" nin naag ku guursanaya contract..ubxanalah...Mutakalim and Qac'Qac had a great debate hada ka hor about that. Qac'Qac ilaah kheyr haka siiyee aad wuxuu u yaqaan diinta shiicada iyo kutub tooda... Mutakalim wuu ka jawaabi waayey su'aal kaste uu Qac'Qac wey diiyey..Heer wuxuu gaaray uu dhaho aniga shiica ma ahi...And as we know shicada qaar kood waxey aamin san yihiin hadee been noo sheegan in ee ajar ka helayan..

Aniga maanta ayaa iigu horeysay aan arko meeshan..Aad baana u murugooway marka aan arkay somali shiica ah..subxanalah..

Og-girl iyo sakiina...subxana laah...

Ilaaheey ha idin soo hanuunsho..

brother nur please iska daa kuwaan ileen kuma dhageysanayan..dhagax wax kama dhaadhicin kartid...

Ogoow ilaahey wuxuu yir.." allah doesn't change the conditions of the people, people change their conditions"...dadkaan kula murmaya Waxaan waxaa u geysatay caqli yaro iyo madax adkaan..

Adiga xaqaada waa gudatay..ilaahey hakaa aqbalo..

wareer badanaa!!!!!!

Saabir   

A/aleikum:

feebaro, it's not about leaving them or them leaving us, it's only about knowing their side of the story, because for a very long time we have been hearing Shias are this and that, and I guess this is a good opportunity for the Somali-Shias to tell somalis where do we differ, and what are the basic differences between sunnis and Shicas because I dont believe in accepting the Idea that we are all muslims and let's leave it to that point. I'm sure and every one (including the Budhists) knows that there's a difference, So what's it that makes you different from the Sunnis?? let's hear your side of the story!.

Secondly, I tried my level best to know who are the shias, and I tried to talk to Shias because I wanted to hear from them, but what I found out is that they dont like to talk about their major points of difference with the sunnis. A shia friend of mine even stopped talking to me because I only demanded him to say what the Shias are!.

If I'm not misreading him, brother Nur is asking for the same thing, which is what are your differences with the sunnis and prove your points with refferences.

Peace

Sakina   

Feebaro, slander is worst than backbiting. I follow the Ahlulsunna wa jamaat I refuse to follow Wahhabis/Salafis. Islam is peace. We are supposed to leave in harmony with everybody. If you read the title of this debate you would know what we are debating about. Thanks for praying for me but remember that Allah accepts only legitimate prayers. In Somalia there is a saying that goes like this " Qof markuu cay kuu waayo ilko cad buu kuugu caaya" (When people don't find any faults in you they start calling you white teeth). There are specific questions I asked and never get an answer from both sunnis and shias. I wonder why you guys accuse of each other of not telling the truth when you can't even answer simple question.

Tuujiye   

Sister Sakina..Do you believe that abu bakar al sadiiq was the first khalifa? do you love Omar?

Do you believe in Buqari iyo muslim?

walaal i dhageyso. Diintaan shiicada ah waa diin aad u mucjiso badan walaahi. Aniga sida uu walalkey Silent guy is saying I was confused about their differences. But I have decided to learn it from well educated teachers who live in North america and other places. Marka aan bartay shiicada iyo wax yaalaha u kharsoon aad baan u nuxay. CAr hakuu sheego qof shiica ah waxa ee noogaga duwan yihiin.. They will never tell you. Diin tooda dhan wee qarsadaan. They have something called 50 year plan..I know shiicada meeshaan ku jirto in ee garanayaan.

Marka walaal waxaan ku dhihi lahaa sameey research iyo wax yaakale. Hadaa rabtidna I could email you anything you need to know. Xadith iyo wax kale ba.

Shiicada marka aad is kuleesataan waxee sheekada u badalaan, we should all unite waxeena ku daba dhuuntaan brotherhood... How could I unite with someone who hates CUmar binu qataab...subxanaha..The prophet (scw) said, " if their would be a prophet after me, It would be Omar" subaxanalah.. And the shiicas wana dhig his body out and bery with him a dead dog...

sister Sakina study them and study sunis..I know how you feel about wahabis/salifism but I'm not non of them in fact I don't belong to a madhab because I don't believe that we should have groups. The saxaba didn't have groups like this.. And the way somalians used madhab is like the way they use qabiil...Aqwaan musliimka iyo kuwa salafiga ah oo somalida ah, isma jecla..lol..fool xumo iga dheh..

Silent, bro study them because they will never tell you and if they do is not the truth. Some shiica group believe that if they a lie to a sunni they get and ajar..subxanalah..marka don't just ask people look for books from both sides and do research sxb..go to Shiikhs from both sides..And see kan wax kaa qarsha..."wax la qariyo qurun baa ku jira ma amqash"..lol..

wareer badanaa!!!!

Nur   

Sakina sis

You Keep saying that your questions were not answered by Sunnis and Shia, so today i am going to answer your questions, I also have some questions for you, and I am kindly asking you to answer them if you would.

you write:

" From my own research I came to the conclusion that some of our history is very dark as the shias claim and we have to face it and find an answer for it "

Answer:

Please tell us about the sources of your research that helped you find out about the Dark Side of Sunnis and the Kufr of Abu Bakar, Omar, Othman and all the Sahaabah as the Shia claim? Was Abu Bakar so careless at the end of his life to pull a trick like that while the Prophet was still not burried like the Shia say? what would be his drivers? you cant say he loved money, or Power ( read his speech below)?

Your Write:

" I am going to ask you some questions that some shias posed to me and after doing my research and with my limited knowledge unfortunately I came to the conclusion they are pretty accurate . "

Answer:

Sister how can you verify the Shia claims in order to reach a solid concllusion that they are PRETTY ACCURATE if as you say YOU HAVE VERY LIMITED KNOWLEDGE, Can you explain this contradiction please?

You ask.

" you can give me answers from our books such us Bukhari and Muslim and please I do not want to know what Ibn Tamiyya's opinion is we all know that."

Answer:

Sister, Bukhari was a Hadeeth Collector, authenticator, and compiler, not a Historian, but if you are a researcher why are you refusing to accept Ibn Taimyya's account, dont you know that he was one of the major architects of the very term Ahlul Sunnah wal Jamaach which you say you belong to? or in case you don't believe in him at all, please show us from his writings where he went wrong, that is the least you can do as a researcher and it is amaanah.

So, how did you come to accept the Shia sources that are neither Muslim nor Bukhaari, since you only accept thoses sources, or are you suggesting that the only reliable sources are Kuleiny, Majlisi, and Khomeiny who are your Sheikhs?.

You ask

" 1) What happened in "The dark Thursday" when our beloved Prophet (s.w.w) asked for pen and paper so he could dictate us something that would not divide us and Omar said that the Prophet (s.w.w.) was delirious do not give him anything (Hint look in Sahih Muslim )"

Answer:

Sister, I couldn't agree with you more here, it was indeed a Dark Thursday , a concocted story created by the followers of a baby imaam who got lost falling in a ditch at age four, and for the next 65 years, three men were transmitting his teachings and revelations to the Shia faithful behind the Sirdaab, one of these stories being the Dark thursday which you believe in, I have never seen someone claiming to be Sunnah wal jamaaca believe in such a mockery of the faith. By adding a little of the Saxix Muslim with a bunch of fallacies from the Shia to create a case that teh Imaamah was stolen from Ali and ignoring the rich History of the companions and their legends is jumping the gun on the wrong target, The funny thing is that you even you believe that the Prophet asked for a pen and paper as if he has done it anytime in his lifetime! remember he was the illitrate prophet ? his miracle! when you belive in a lie, make sure it is consistent before you pose it to us, if you are a good researcher!

You ask:

" 2) What happend in Saqifa? Who was present there and how was the first Khalifa chosen ?"

Answer:

It is a rather long story, the gist of it was that the Ansar and Muhajirs disputed in the leadership of the Muslims, while Ali, Zubeir and Talha took a neutral position by not attending and staying in Fatimas house. Omar was told that the Ansaar were meeting in Saqiifa bani Sacida to elect Ubadah Ibn Samit who was ill and shivering covered up and sick, so, Omar so that there was many novice Muslims ( like me and you) who also want to have their say along with the veteran Companions like Abu Bakar and Umar. So, he was advised to move the convention to madina where the ansars requested to have a representative from them and a representative from the Muhajirs elected, however, Umar was quick to dispel this motion by simply puting his hand in Abu Bakar's hand and voting for Abu Bakar as the Amir of the believers, immediately all the Ansars and Muhajirs followed and the matter was concluded without any discord.

From the Shia's most reliable book, Nahjul Balaagha, here is what the Shia say Ali said:

" I was elected by the same people who have elected Abu bakar, Omar and Othman whith the same mandate as theirs, so neither does a present person has a right to elect nor an absent person have the right to reject (as the same committee elected me with the same mandate), because the Shuraa consultative election is for the Muhaajirs and the Ansaar, and they have unanimously elected a man and they named him an IMAAM, an action that pelased Allah SWT, so in case a person dissents their choice by a slander, or introduces a Bidcah, (innovation ) bring him back to his sense, if he refuses, fight him for his (crime) of following a different path than that of the believers" source ; Nahjul Balaagha, Volume 3, page 7 .

You Ask:

3) Why Fatima bint Rasulullah was angry at the Khalifa and his supporters till the time she passed away?

Answer:

Fatima may Allah be pleased with her was upset with Abu Bakar because a dispute of the inheritance of the Prophets property, according to the Hadeeth (saxix) the Prophet SAWS said, " Naxnu macsharal Anbiyaa, laa nuwarrith " ( we the Prophets, are not to be inherited (possessions belong to the ummah ) but, the Aalal beit are supported by the public treasury which all the khulafa adgered to.

You ask.

4) Who was at the head of the first civil war between the muslim ummah the war of Jamal and who was at the head of that war ?

Answer:

Now, I can sense that all of your questions are from the Shia sources, dont tell me you are not a Shia sis. We all know it was the Mother of believers in that Fitna, and she was on the wrong side of that dispute but unlike you, who preach thinking well of Muslims when it suits you, we the ahlul Sunnah think very highly about Aisha, we sya that she genuinely believed that she was on the right side, but she was not according to the Hadeeth of barking dogs, I hope that does not make you very angry, but we stop there as a respect to the mother of Believers which the Shia are quick to defame her as a demon, a virtuous woman the Prophet SAWS died in her lap and about whom the prophet SAWS told us, " take half our deen from this Xumeiraa ", so like the Shia we, The Ahlul Sunnah wal Jamaacah do not have INFALLIBLE people if you are suggesting that Fatima was Infallible and Aisha was not.

You ask:

5) How many times Abu Bakr fainted in his deathbed and yet he was allowed to write his will and was not called delirious ?

Answer:

I really did not count that, are you suggesting that anyone called the Prophet SAWS was delirious? please post the Muslim Hadeeth you are talking about, I cant take it for mere face value, this is serious business.

You ask:

I have many more question but for now Insha Allah I'll wait for the reply for these ones. I am seriously trying to find the truth .

Answer:

After asking me the toughest questions a Shia person can pose and asking cosmetic questions to Mutakallim, just to seem neutral, you claim to be looking for the truth, well sister, if indeed you are after the truth, read my post and tell me if you believe if the modern day Shia religion is like ours.

You ask:

" Some of my family members decided to follow the Wahhabi/Salafi sect and they are not allowed to ask questions only blind following of the sect."

Answer:

Is this a subliminal message to say you have an open mind and that you are on your way to convert to Shiism, so that you encourage other viewers to also follow your open mind example? let us see how open minded you are, do you by believe in the Muta marriage of the Shia? if yes have you ever practiced it?

You pray:

May Allah guide us all to the right path.

I say: Amiin