Sign in to follow this  
Dunya vs Akhira

Girl Proposes to Boy.. what you all think about that?

As salamun aleykum...

I have a friend that has a major crush on this brother, mashaAllaah the brother seems to be good his religious and well cultured so is she, but the problem is he doesnt even know she exists, shes never talked to him before she only see's him @ Islamic gatherings and admires him.

so she's asked me for my Nasee7a (advice) and I told her Call her and tell him straight up because it's marriage it's not a game and it's a blessed thing even though it's preffered that the brother calls the sister.

3alaa kuli Hal...I did it for her and the brother said his in a situation and will consider it, now i dont know what to make out of that, what does in a Situation mean?

and if they ever do get married inshaAllaah ta'aala Iam hoping they do. Will he treat her differently because she made the first move?

Did I advice my sister In Islaam to do the right thing or have i put her hayaa on stake,.?

InshaAllaah...... (PLEASE) advice.

Hayat   

well khadije proposed to the prophet(saw), so there should be no shame. you have not done anything wrong, persnally i would never be capable of doing something like that so i have to congratulate her for going ahead with it, very courageous indeed. furthemore look on the bright side, he said he will consider it, so it somewhat proves that this is off the critical nature you based your advice on.

Will he treat her differently because she made the first move?

i thought you said that he was religious, so i am sure he would know that the prophet himself was proposed to, hence in following with the prophets footstep,there is no need to treat her differently as the prophet(saw) has not done so. but on a final note, you can only hope for the best. you only did what you could only be done, even if he turns her down, there was a risk in not knowing.

-Lily-   

'In a situation' could mean a million things, like financially not ready or having personal problems or the brother might actually have another sister in mind.

Lake   

Originally posted by ViBe:

well khadije proposed to the prophet(saw), so there should be no shame. you have not done anything wrong,

persnally i would never be capable of doing something like that so i have to congratulate her for going ahead with it, very courageous indeed. furthemore look on the bright side, he said he will consider it, so it somewhat proves that this is off the critical nature you based your advice on.

Khadija did it...Why are you too proud to do it? lol

hodman   

I think she is brave indeed but it might've been wiser to ask around and try to find out if he is in a relationship first.

Good luck and if they do get married I think he would be grateful that she did infact make that move.

Hayat   

Khadija did it...Why are you too proud to do it? lol

i didn't say i was proud, just don't have the courage!!. in which i fully congratuled/admired her for doing so. ;)