Sign in to follow this  
Cowke

Haatuf Misleading Somaliland PPL

Cowke   

Hatuf Recently Reported that foreign policy website has stated that experts at foreign policy website stated that "recognition is on the table for Somaliland".

I will simply quote what the hatuf article says

Hargeysa January, 6, 2010 (Haatuf) Dalalka Somaliland iyo Abkhazia iyo dalal kale oo qarka u saaran inay ka go’aan dalalkii ay hore uga tirsanaan jireen ayaa miiska saaran kana sugaya beesha caalamka inay aqoonsato. Sidaa waxa wargeyska Foreign Policy Magazine ku qoray qoraaga Greame Woo, waxaanu warbixintiisa ku yidhi:Dalal badan ayay ka dhicisawdaa inay hantaan madaxbanaani balse Somaliland way uga dhawdahay dalalkaas inay hesho xoriyad iyo madaxbanaani taam ah

Here is the article from the foreign policy magazine and tell me where it says that recognition is on the table as stated by haatuf. Infact it says "recognition will never come and they will just be lumped back to their original borders" They are termed "limbo states". States that just stay in limbo untill the host country brings them back in the fold.

Somaliland, the comparatively serene republic split from war-wasted Somalia, prints its own official-looking currency, the Somaliland shilling, whose smallest denomination is so worthless that to bring cash to restock their safes, money-changers need to use draft animals.

Another Quote

Somaliland and Abkhazia have existed for almost 20 years, with little indication that widespread recognition is imminent. Indeed, the rare successful cases these days of countries making the leap from troubled enclave to independent nation have pretty much bypassed Limbo entirely. Think East Timor and Kosovo, which jumped from brutal occupation to U.N. administration to independence to become two of the first new countries of the 2000s. The Limbo countries tend to start with violence and then get stuck in the next stage: a path that leads on and on and on, apparently to nowhere.

Somaliland asks whether peaceful and responsible democracy isn't something worth incentivizing, regardless of whether the peaceful and responsible democracy is being practiced by separatists. For now, even Ethiopia, Somaliland's closest regional ally, hasn't bestowed recognition, and there is no sign it intends to.

. These critics say Limbo World countries are fatally misled about how independence is supposed to work: Recognition precedes, rather than follows, the creation of an actual state. The list of Limbo World alumni -- countries that gained independence by acting like independent states first, and then getting recognition -- is small, and the few examples of partial success (Kosovo is stuck on 63 recognizing countries, Taiwan on 23) suggest Limbo is a permanent condition when it is not a fatal one.

Foreign Policy Magazine

It is great shame the people of somafiland have to be lied to by "corrupt" snm propaganda machinists. It will be interesting to see how many other somafiland websites have been UNTRUTHFUL. :D

Ps: I am not suprised at all, I know their full of crap somafiland govt and snm snakes, but i just get upset when innocent somalis in hargeisa who are not bad ppl are being lied to in such GROSS manner. It's not fair on them nor us. It's time the somaliland ppl are told the truth and absolute truth and not snm propaganda!!!

Cowke   

BTW before jacaylbaro and xaji xunjuf say "We" are happy with somaliland lying to us. That won't cut the mustard boys. Lying and misrepresenting what a foreign analyst said can ensue in "fradulent" infringement if taken to court.

By the way it is not good to lie to your people through the media or government and it's definitely not islamic. It will be interesting to see what the snm brigade have to say to defend this filth!!!

Shouldn't you be more focused on the piss crew killings in bossaso or something?

At the end of the day..Nothing you/or your other garowe boys say about SL holds any weight. Why even try it?

You are nobody, the line you come from is nobody. Anything you say about SL truthful or false has no weight..

Cowke   

AfricaOwn. Yeah bro keep pushing ur currency on the back of "goat" as the article truly states.

You can't answer for your media lies can you? your filthy administration has been doing this to you and your people for 20 years and putting your people in a khat induced coma.

You can't refute it, then plz don't make any response!!! No media has the right to misrepresent a foreign analyst? what ground do you have to justify this GROSS misinformation? Nothing I guess as usual!!!!

And as far as me being a nobody. Well at least im recognized because the tfg constitution endorses my region which in turn technically speaking the international community consider me a legal federal entity.

Secondly, I am nothing? while you were under the yokes of egyptian yoke who only withdrew so they can put you under the british yoke. You never had a functioning sultanates or administration. You just always been conquered.

Where as while you were under egypt I had my own sultanates and history. Only was defeated by Italy and then I proceeded to form the "syl" league and liberation.

How dare you say I am nothing when scholars say my cismaniyada script was competing with latin and arabic scripts at the time? Where were you? under someone damn yoke that is where you were son!!! You are nothing in somalia only had 1 prime minister father egal who was student of master sharmarke which further proofs your insignificant in the somali clan make up system. and you will return to being nothing.

AfricaOwn...it's just a little misquotation of a media outlet that Cowke pointed out. Nothing for you to soil you nappies over. If you can't or won't laugh at Cowke's comments, then might I suggest you remove the stick you have shoved up your rear and laugh a little. :D

It aint healthy to take everything to heart like you always do... you will only give yourself a heartache.

That is all. :cool:

Cowke   

Mr Somalia, waxaas baa laga dhadhiciya reer hargeisa lol. They are fed this khat induced crap and then come on intellectual forum such as SOL and try to sell it to RATIONAL REASONING HUMAN BEINGS. Were not gullible ppl like the hargeisa population. They need to stop bringing us their snm propaganda which never has any truth or facts but just complete dog crap.

samonia   

not that am soiling my nappies or anything, somaliland economy is better than somalia economy right now, 4000-5000 somaliland shilin in exchange of 1 USD, where its 28,000 somali shillin !!!!! so we both gotta drag our money on the bach of a goat, only somaliladers get to use a smaller carriage, much smaller carriage !

that taken out of the way,somaliland government and press have been pushing for recognition with lies and misconceptions, but believe me the majority of somalinaders know it, and they dont beleive everything written.

war seized in somaliland years ago, they moving forward, or atleast they are trying, so pple stop hating

Cowke   

Samonia, thank you for responding maturely. But all i am saying is please tell your fellow somalilanders not to try and bring that "crap" and rubb it on us like it is something that is "true" because we know the truth and this is not the first time they lied and it won't be the last time. This is an Intellectual based Forum, not the damn merfish where you can say anything and ppl believe you!!! They should know the routine. Credible/Reliable sources provided, arguments that provide a premise, punch-line and summary. Possibly comparisons and reviews at the end of the argument smile.gif

It's just unbelievable that their are some ppl who are actually defending an OUTRIGHT LIE. Clan allegiance can make some people do anything I guess.

Ps: By the way I don't mock the achievements somaliland has made, I just am totally against the "separatism" crap because that issue is an issue which is directly aimed at "1 group" among somalia and it is for deviant purposes which I care not to get into as of now.

Cowke   

As for your claim regarding the exchange rate, I didn't see any sources or foreign exchanges back up what you say, therefore I will consider as mere speculation on your part.

If it is however true, the counter response will be. Somalia doesn't have a central bank and is doing quite well, imagine if they did? It would definitely out-pace the sland shilling inflationary rate!!! That is another argument, till solid evidences are provided it is really just cycle of speculation at best!!!

RedSea   

Cowke,

Foxnews, CNN, MSNBC. The farmer down south thinks the CNN/MSNBC are bunch of liberal queers, and listens to Rush Limbaugh or watches Glen Beck program, while perhaps one a Boston Liberal or San Fran will prefer CNN or MSNBC. It's all based on political believes and issues.

The whole 'recognition' term has become a tool and trully lost its deep meaning, it has become an excuse in which Riyaale and his party use to stay in power, however that doesn't mean the supporters of Kulmiye and UCID parties believe it to be so. They know the true intent of udub' use of being recognized is to get stay at the helm. After all what better political tactic is to use than recognition which all Somalilanders so commonly share as their destiny. Equally as Bush used terrorism and fear mongering to scare people to elect him again. But that doesn't mean all Americans bought it.

In Somaliland pro Kulmiye and UCID believe recognition will not come while Udub is in office.They believe it will take massive reforms into local politiking, development and rigorous foreign policy to even interest the internation community. Their Platform to air their aspirations is Hadhwanagnews, Somaliland.org etc..

The ruling party on the other hand needs to counter that and keep things in prespective while convincing current and potential supporters that they are the party to bring recognition and all else to Somaliland. Their platfor for such PR is Qaranews.com, TVSLand who tirelessly work to paint the current admin in perfect image.

There are difference buddy. I support Kulmiye and take whatever Udub says with pinch of salt, I'm sure others like JB and NG will shoot down my sentiments and concure with Udub's policies of confronting the International community about recognition while the home front itself is broken.

Somaliland and Abkhazia have existed for almost 20 years, with little indication that widespread recognition is imminent. Indeed, the rare successful cases these days of countries making the leap from troubled enclave to independent nation have pretty much bypassed Limbo entirely. Think East Timor and Kosovo, which jumped from brutal occupation to U.N. administration to independence to become two of the first new countries of the 2000s. The Limbo countries tend to start with violence and then get stuck in the next stage: a path that leads on and on and on, apparently to nowhere.

Secessionists need a new idea.. :D