Sign in to follow this  
Rahima

Establish the prayer and the prize is PARADISE!!!

Rahima   

Asalaamu Alaykum Warahmatulahi Wabarakaatuhuu,

“The shortest distance between a problem and a solution is the distance between your knees and the floor. The one who kneels to Allah (prays) can stand up to anything.”

(A quote from an unknown person, but nevertheless the truth)

Uthman bin Abi Dahrash said, "I never performed a prayer without invoking Allah afterwards to forgive me for falling into shortcomings in the way I performed it." [Tarikhu Baghdad 13/207]

When Hatim al Asamm was asked about his prayer, he said, "When it is near the time of prayer, I perform a perfect Wudu and go to where I am going to pray and sit down there until I become fully attentive to what I am about to do. I then stand up and pray, imagining that the Ka`bah is in front of my eyes, Paradise to my right, Hellfire to my left and the Angel of Death behind me. I imagine that it is the last prayer I am about to perform, stand up in hope (in Allah, His Paradise and rewards) and fear (from Allah's torment in Hellfire) and recite the Takbir while having full attention. I recite the Qur'an calmly, make Ruku` humbly, go into Sujud with Khushu1 and then sit on my left leg, with the left food laid on the floor and the right food raised up, all the while praying with sincerity. Afterwards, I do not know (nor feel certain) if that prayer was accepted from me!" [Al Ihya 1/179]

One of the Salaf said, "O son of Adam! You need your share in this life, but need your share in the Hereafter even more. If you took care of your share in this life, then you will lose your share in the Hereafter and are soon bound to lose your share in this life too. If you took care of your share in the Hereafter, you will also win your full share in this life with ease." [Fada'il adh Dhikr by ibn al Jawzi p. 19]

Talq bin Habib said, "Allah's Rights are greater than the slave's capacity and ability to fulfil them. Therefore, reach the morning in a state of repentance and reach the night in a state of repentance."

DUA: O Allah! I am asking you because to you belong all praise. There is none worthy of worship but you. You are one. There is no partner for you. The benefactor. O originator of the heavens and the earth! O the one who is full of majesty and honour! O the living! O the self-subsisting! I am asking you for Paradise and seek refuge from Hell. [silsilatul-ahadithus-sahihah]

Muslimah   

Bismillah Ar-Rahman Ar-Rahiim

All praises are due to Allaah. We praise Him, we seek His help and forgiveness.

Amin. Mashaa Tabarak Allaah, great article sis smile.gif

Abdinuur   

Salaamu Alaykum:

I just have one question for those who might know the answer:

If you miss a prayer (i.e Fajr Prayer), would it be okay to make it up during the Duhur Prayer or do you just have to make it up whenever you wake up...like 11AM?

And maybe someone who understands the question can reiterate it...

Salaam.

Samafal   

Rahiima that was enlightening artickle jazaakumullahu kheyran for sharing it with us.

Abdinuut,

I dont know the answer to your question and i am looking forward to any response. I am sure that sister rahiima or someone else will enlighten us about it.

Xafsa   

This is in response to c/nuur's question.

From what i understand..if you miss a prayer you make it up as soon as you realized you missed it. Like the Fajr prayer..if you over slept and you missed it then you pray as soon as you wake up. OVer sleeping can happen but if you wait longer to make it up its the same as not praying on purpose,

I hope that helped...if you want I can try to find hadiths talking about that.

Xafsa

Abdinuur   

Xafsa, thanks. I also heard from this brother that when you miss an Asr prayer that you can't make it up until the next prayer (i.e. Maqrib prayer)...do you know anything about this opinion?

I know you can't pray Asr during sunset when the sun is about to set and the sky looks bright orange...cuzz I heard that's when the Satan spreads his wings...?...I heard this when I was young...

Salaam.