Sign in to follow this  
codetalker

armed conflict in Sanaag

Thankful   

major water sources had either dried up or were low because of the extensive drought in Gedo, Lower and Middle Juba and parts of the Bay and Bakool regions of Somalia.

Such a sad thing taking place, it would be nice if those that were from these area contributed more to helping their own rather then focusing on area's that they should have no concern with. Guess it's like crabs in a bucket, your down you wanna bring others down!!! Insha'Allah things will work out for them and people who orginally come from that area will go back and help!

The extensive drought sweeping across southern Somalia has forced at least 1,000 families to abandon their homes in Lower Juba and seek refuge in the port city of Kismayo, some 500 km south of the capital, Mogadishu, local leaders have said.

The Juba Valley Alliance (JVA), which controls parts of the Juba valley and Kismayo, said the displaced people were particularly in need of food aid.

"Over 1,000 families who lost their livelihoods have arrived in Kismayo," said Abdirahman Waldireh, second deputy chairman and head of the JVA social affairs committee, on Tuesday. "They are in desperate circumstances, with absolutely nothing. They have lost all of their livestock."

Many parts of Lower and Middle Juba and Gedo have been hit by serious food and water shortages, pushing people to seek help in towns like Kismayo. "We are expecting more people to come because they believe that Kismayo still has water and food," he added.

The JVA had set up a committee to assist the drought victims and appealed for members of the local community to help the new arrivals. "We have to help ourselves first, before we ask others to help. It may not be much, but we can all contribute," Waldireh said. "Many of the residents of Kismayo are in as bad a situation as the displaced. They need urgent help from the international community."

The first priority was to provide shelter, water and food to the displaced people, who had set up makeshift camps along the Kismayo-Mogadishu highway to the north of the city.

"Some of the new arrivals are malnourished, with children and the elderly most affected," he said. "These are people who have exhausted all of their coping mechanisms and are in urgent need of help."

Last week, the International Committee of the Red Cross (ICRC) said major water sources had either dried up or were low because of the extensive drought in Gedo, Lower and Middle Juba and parts of the Bay and Bakool regions of Somalia. There was very little grazing land, and livestock - particularly cattle - were dying.

"In some areas it is feared that up to 80 percent of livestock may die," the ICRC said. The agency had observed "an unusual movement of people towards the riverine areas of Middle and Lower Juba."

According to the United Nations, some 1.7 million Somalis need urgent aid because of the drought, which has been described as the country's worst in a decade. Some areas have recorded their driest months since 1961.

Xudeedi   

Nevertheless whatever necessary it takes to avoid the vendetta of Warlord Cadde and his malevolent intent on people of Sanaag and West Bari

The man is really under the illusion of being a great and invincible Warlord. I believe his rebellion, against the organized army he is now in charge of and which has been vouchsafed to him by his predecessor and forefathers(Current TFG MP), and of which he drew most of his support from his sub-clan and people of Waaciye District in order to carve out a notoriety for himself, best illustrates of why he is so malevolent and narrow-minded to wage a propaganda war and a security threat to a one segment of the people that founded Puntland.

"If people of Sanaag and West Bari couldn't provide a safe haven for my defeated rebels in Sanaag, in addition to aiding and abetting my rival Abdilahi Yusuf, It is therefore an inexorable sweep of time and fortune for me to avenge and vindicate myself as the second self-declared strongman and most feared warlord in the region. I will use power, puppets, ****** , colonels and even their own people to complete what I couldn't finish last time."

Bravo Adde, let us see where that takes you then.

I hope we should look at the problems of draught that beset our country nationwide.

L11420170934.gif

Thankful   

How'd I know if I set the bait out the Seattle "Gedo Boys" Siad Loving Trinity would come out

-{"Try saying that 3 times}, three entities of the same substance!!

I dont know why I respond to these posts it's far too easy. But this one was just too ridiculous to pass up, THANKS FOR PROVING MY POINT, THE WORST HIT AREA IS EXACTLY WHAT I WAS SAYING, THE AREA GIVING THE MOST ATTENTION BY THE MEDIA IS WHERE I WAS REFERRING TO.

YOUR.......AREA!!!!!!!!!

Focusing on saving their lives and not hating on others! :D

I can't believe you would use that Map as an example; what were you thinking?

I'll wait for the response from the other part of your split personality, alter ego or whatever you'd like to call it!! Who will it be this time?

Xudeedi   

^^ Aren't you disturbed by the consequences of such a consistent and undiluted hatred of him?

Look at what he has done so far: He knowingly undermined their representatives or any effort to help their region get the attention they need such as public services since the International Community work in close liaison with the region through Puntland, and he publicly insulted them in a dehumanizing aspect.

His public misconduct and bravado are beyond belief. Even the unthinking warlords in Mogadisho know of their limits.

He is still adamant to pursue the self-interest of his tribal fiefdom by exploiting the natural resources of the land whose people he treated this way, through an intransigeant approach and perhaps force.

Emergency Meeting

Gabbal   

Somalipride-

Besides Code Talker/Wind Talker, now both Napoleon and Maakhir are my pseudonames? Is that not what you're implying? I think delusion speaks for itself I say. ;)

I also find it pretty explanatory of a diseased character, when one politicizes such god-inflicted catastrophies such as a drought. May Allah (SWT) alleviate you of your disease as he alleviates those poor people of Somalia of hunger be they in Gedo, Bakool, or Puntland.

"If people of
Sanaag
and
West Bari
couldn't provide a safe haven for my defeated rebels in Sanaag...

Sxb, maxaa kuu diiday hadii aad "West Bari" isticmaalaysid inaad "East Sanaag" aad isticmaashid? Mise do you think Sanaag waxa iska leh reer kaliya? :D

Mida kale, do tell us where Ceel Afweyne is and if they are not rer Sanaag, who are they? I am sure, I dont need to remind you that they were the ones that gave Gen. Adde a badly needed refuge when he was being chased by warlord Yey.

By the way sxb Maakhiriyow, in Puntland its pure Clanism, you gotta live with it. I mean, raggi shalay isdilaayay (Namely Gen. Adde and Col. Yey) eed adigu mid la safatay, ayaa maanta qabyaalad isku raacsan, adigiina banaanka lagu dhigay. Classic Clanism 101. ;)

Suldaanow:

By the way sxb Maakhiriyow, in Puntland its pure Clanism, you gotta live with it.

So is Somaliland sxb, or is it not? ooh May be is based on Nationalisms, but of what nationality if I may ask :D

You gota live with it too sxb, lets be honest everywhere you go Somalis live with pure clan idealogy, you wanted it to sound bad in the case of Puntland but no one can refute that its everywhere! Look at the TFG is built on power sharing( what does that mean if is not pure clanims) which I hope SL clan have their full share and currently serving in Baidoa.

Better live with the truth you are telling the others to live with it.

How the f*&^ did the topic become the drought in Somalia? For the record, the drought has affected many regions of Somalia, including Puntland (parts of Nugaal, Sanaag) and Somaliland (parts of Awdal). Its a drought that's affecting millions of people in the entire Horn. May Allah SWT help all those poor Muslims (Aamin!).

Secondly, Mr. SOMALIPRIDE, how is it that, in your endless attempts to discredit me, you always purposefully manage to sidestep the topic at hand? Before, you couldn't admit Cadde's massive political loss after the brutal murder of three Reer Nugaal boys (Allaha u naxaristo). But, it was your idol Cadde who admitted his mistake and paid the mag by doubling it! - a relatively unknown practice in degaanada Waqooyi Bari. How did you feel about that? I know you wanted an eye-for-an-eye gun battle so that Cadde could argue Garoowe is unsafe as Puntland capital and move it to...perhaps, Qardho? ;) Not!

But, the ongoing conflict in Sanaag is a very serious issue. According to Dhahar.com,

Hadaba kornaylka oo dhahar.com ay waydiisay khasaara ka dhacay goobta dagaalka ayaa sheegay in ay
Melayshiyada Cadde laga dilay 9, kana dhaawaceen 12 isla markaana ay ka gubeen laba gaari
mid tiknika ah iyo mid kuwa xamuulka qaada ah. Kornayalka ayaa sheegay khasaaraha xagoodu in uu yahay
3 dhaawac ah iyo mid dhintey alaha u naxariistee
. Wuxuu kale oo Kornayl Atam sheegay in malayshadii Cade ay Joogaan buurta hoosteeda , isla markaan ay go'doon yihiin, iyadoo ay ciidamada degaanka ay fadhiyaan labada wado ee soo gala Majiyahan.

This natural resources exploration, heralded by Cadde and Gaagaab, continues to destablize the region as whole. This armed conflict (or the like of it) is what I feared ever since Cadde signed the mysterious deal with "Terry" and the junior Australian company.

Originally posted by Suldaaanka:

in Puntland its pure Clanism...I mean,
raggi shalay isdilaayay
(Namely Gen. Adde and Col. Yey) eed adigu mid la safatay, ayaa maanta qabyaalad isku raacsan, adigiina banaanka lagu dhigay. Classic Clanism 101.
;)

Ah, the good ol' Suldaanka must be suffering from short-term memory loss. If memory serves me correctly (and it does), I do remember the bloody civil war in the mid-90s amongst the SNM, which ended only after West Burcawis were militarily crushed into submission. Isn't that why men like Buubaa (one of the forefounders of SL, now a "traitor" ;) ) left Waqooyi Galbeed regions to begin with so that foul-mouthed cowards and former Dictator's pets like Faysal Cali Waraabe can take up his spot? But my point is this: the SNM slaughtered each other but agreed to peace in the end. However, you don't think that's a "clan thing." Yet, when the SSDF did the same thing, its because Reer Puntland are a bunch of tribalists, blah blah.

No one is s.tupid here, homie. Rag wayna dagaalamaan, wayna heshiiyaan and you know it! Quit playing the Devil's Advocate and let the brotherly peoples of Sanaag and Bari sort out their differences.

Xudeedi   

Suldaan, of course , Ceel afwayn is in Sanaag and they are reer Sanaag. I think you have been politically influenced by Somaliland, which is another clannish administration.

I don't live alone in Eastern Sanaag. That is just a political and geographical mishap from your part. Is Erigavo an eastern Sanaag or the corner of Sanaag near Maydh. I own East, West, South and Central of Sanaag, in Other words, my territories reach beyond Nugal region.

I have never supported Abdilaahi Yusuf. When the two men were in locked in armed conflict over the control of Puntland, I simply refused to be part of their feuds by keeping their problems off my territory. Does that constitute a one-sided support against ADDe, definitely not?

If you are also aware of Al-Itihadad group led by Sheikh AWeis, the Strongman of Islamic Court in Mogadisho today, after their defeat in Bossaso, they fled to Sanaag ,esp the tortuous and mountainous areas. It is this incident that General Ducaale was killed in an Ambush for fear that he will challenge them, thus assuming no one else who would come forward and challenge them withdraw their militias out of the region.

It was General Ilkajiir, a highly soviet trained General and once an assistant defense minister of Mohammed Ali Samatar, who immediately flew from Virgninia and ousted them by firstly issuing an advance warning and an opportunity to hand themselves over. They were dismantled based on their respective clans and sent to the regions they came from.

The independent nature of Sanaag people Is rooted in history that even the colonials were very careful about meddling our own regions and affairs.

Ps. Pay attention to the quotes i put on that statement of my 1st post, drawing a picture of an inner belief that Adde bears against the people of Sanaag, Not my words if you thought so. Read btw the line

Taleexi   

Somalipride, I guess you missed the essence of Mr. Maakhir's point. Neither you nor I need to be a rocket scientist to figure out that Mr. Adde has been a weak leader from the get, go who failed miserably his people and region(PL). It is such times, when the defenseless is defended, I go mad.

Suldaan sxb sheekadaadu ma kud ka guur oo qanjo u guur baa, Ilaahay ha idiin barakeeyo maamulka aad samaysateen, dadka Puntland dhisay si open ah bay uga hadlaan wixii ay dhibaato u arkaan ee milil dushii ma dhayaan sidii noo kale, waynu ognahay reeraha dega xagga galbeedka ee maamulkiina inay ku tagri falaan awooda maamulkiina, xikmad badanise kuma jirto inaan kula tirsado ee bal horta intaa qabso.

Back to the case in point, Sanaag people have the intellectual capacity and the resource to mobilize their strength and energy for the well being of their citizens. Furthermore, they have to safeguard and protect the divinely entrusted natural resources in their habitat. Apparently, PL is on the brick of disintegration on due course IF Adde's egocentrism, and clannish politic are not tackled in a timely manner, co-founders of PL should share the wealth and the power of PL evenly and in proportion, wixii intaa ka soo hadha waxay i xasuusinaysaa heestii ahayd; shimbirayahow heesa, heesa heesa heeesa, hees wanaagsan heesa, halkan soo fadhiista, kaalaya hortayda

Dhubad.   

Originally posted by somalipride:

How'd I know if I set the bait out the Seattle "Gedo Boys" Siad Loving Trinity would come out

-{"Try saying that 3 times}, three entities of the same substance!!

I dont know why I respond to these posts it's far too easy. But this one was just too ridiculous to pass up, THANKS FOR PROVING MY POINT, THE WORST HIT AREA IS EXACTLY WHAT I WAS SAYING, THE AREA GIVING THE MOST ATTENTION BY THE MEDIA IS WHERE I WAS REFERRING TO.

YOUR.......AREA!!!!!!!!!

Focusing on saving their lives and not hating on others!
:D

I can't believe you would use that Map as an example; what were you thinking?

I'll wait for the response from the other part of your split personality, alter ego or whatever you'd like to call it!! Who will it be this time?

You are so paranoid dude. Stop your baseless accusation. Teeda kale Sheekado ma waxay maraysaa abaartaan ilaahay uu keenay in la isku Faquuqo?