Sign in to follow this  
Baashi

Text - The President of Iran's letter to Dubya

Baashi   

Ahmed and Dubya are world apart. But I must say Ahmednijad knows how to play the game. In a sense, he put Dubya and his neocons on the spot. In short, even though he comes across more philosophical than diplomatic, he seems to be saying let's talk.

It was a long letter and not to the point. he impresion I got was that of a school teacher giving a lecture. Now remmebr Bush IQ, no wonder he thought it was insulting.

Hes full of crap. The letter or what looks like one is more of a lecture[Canaan] and calaacal than a diplomatic lets talk invitation.

This is just another stunt and point seeking fomula by A/najed. He shouldnt have put himself in the spot like that.

Originally posted by Baashi:

With all due respect, you missing the point Mr. Brown.

Really Baash? I didnt see anything new in the letter.My lil brother in grade school knows the injustices and the two faced snakes in this govt.

It was a publicity stunt to appease both the middle easteners and the wider general populace. Btw did you know that this letter sending business is a long standing tradition among iranian leaders?

One such letter was sent to Gorbachev inviting him to islam. No wonder the americans called it "Ramblings".

Castro   

Whether Ahmedinejad is sincere or not, this letter is literally a brilliant move. Why? Because it's now not the US vs. Iran anymore but the US vs. world. Every "calaacal" or, more appropriately, grievance mentioned in the letter is a legitimate one. The US is now caught between a rock and a hard place: reject, as they did, the letter and not respond thereby signaling they're really not as flexible as they claim or respond to it and show that they acknowledge at least some of the issues raised by the letter.

Not specifically mentioning anything about the nuclear row in the letter was the master move, I believe. The Americans claim Iran just muddied the waters. I disagree. I think they just uncovered the already-muddied waters.

Let the games begin, I say. I wish Iran would just call the US (and the West's) bluff. You know, dig in their heels and tell the "world" do what you have to do, we will continue our peaceful nuclear energy program. Let's see who really blinks then.

Guhaad   

This is one of the longest diplomatic papers i have seen sometime. I wonder if it could have been written any better. like GD, this seemed nothing more than a powerpoint presentation in a paper format.

Baashow waa ku salaamay, awoowe.

Waryee Brown [Coon :D ], this is an eastern letter. It is a brilliant move to define issues instead of commenting and reacting to them .

Xudeedi   

The letter carries deeply concerned message. It seems the Iran president does not recognize the state of Israel, which is not a nice diplomatic move.

Originally posted by xiinfaniin:

Baashow waa ku salaamay, awoowe.

Waryee Brown [Coon
:D
], this is an eastern letter. It is a brilliant move to define issues instead of commenting and reacting to them .

Its an eastern letter alright going to a western recipient. War dhageeysta,Bush and the republican party have no interests in polls,opinions and god knows all these ppl oriented BS. Do you remember back before the iraq war,the millions of ppl who demo'd against the unjust war in iraq?,did that stop him?

Who[evn kids] doesnt know the US double standard of saying this and then doing that?

In my opinion this letter will not solve any of iran's problems.They should just keep quite and finished there business.

Bal horta maxey ka faaidan by yelling at the top of their lungs that they have enriched small ammounts of uranium? except attention isku soo aadiyan? they could have easily just dids there shaqo and announce to the world they have "IT"..Now they are the target of America/Israel.

What good will come out of sympathy from around the world by saying "WE condem the attack on IRAN" Nothing. The worlds's opinion will not change as far the US is concerned. The US govt and BUSH are hated,loathed and found to be hegemonic already,how much more can they be hated?

The Islamic Republic of Iran has never recognized the State of Israel, so its not just President A/nejad's policy. Its been in place for decades.

Secondly, Pres Bush's no-response to the Iranian letter signals what Russian Pres Putin said in his State of the Union address (posted on another thread):

Originally posted by Libaax-Sankataabte:

``We are aware what is going on in the world,'' he said. ``Comrade wolf knows whom to eat, he eats without listening, and he's clearly not going to listen to anyone.''

Clearly, the wolf (USA) will not listen to Iran, the Security Council or to anyone else. The USA will do what the USA has to do to stop Iran's plan to switch from the dollar to the euro as its currency of choice for oil/natural gas exports before the end of 2006 (perhaps as early as this summer).

That's the real reason behind Washington's increased political/military beef with Teheran. Israel simply wants to see another Mideast foe crushed. One down (Iraq), "X" more to go...

Castro   

^ No dude, you got it all wrong. America is bringing democracy to Eye-ran. Them people need the freedom we have over here. It's our obligation, nay our duty, to share this freedom with them. Freedom "is not America's gift to the world, it is God's gift to humanity".

"Freedom is on the march" dude, so buckle up. Bwahahahaha.

Faarax Coon, si fiican i dhegeyse wiilow :D .

This letter is not about calaacal and seeking sympathy, rather it's a diplomatic stun that managed to grab the headlines and succeeded to put Bush and co in an awkward position. It creates an impression of Iran being--unlike what Bush and co would like to have world believe about it--genuine and wanting to reason out of this nuclear issue. The timing of it was brilliantly calculated to cleverly coincide with the marathon talks between SC members to reach agreement on what to do about Iran. While you’re lost in its details and perhaps put off by its didactic tone, the larger world sees a voice of reason in it in the face of America’s hegemonic gestures, saaxiib.

This letter, I believe, is a prelude for the larger argument against West’s glaring contradictions in the Middle East. The signs of new world order are beginning to emerge. Iranians are making a strategic tactical shift by slightly changing the subject and wrapping it with legitimate grievances of the Muslim world. While you may be correct in characterizing it as an ineffective approach to stop the Bush and co, this time around thought that argument is getting a receptive ear from Russia and China.

I think it is a good move. They are trying to dismiss it, but it is not going away.