Sign in to follow this  
Baashi

Round dirrin discussion on the nomad politiking

Baashi wrote:

1) National level dialogue is the only way out of this prolonged conflict. I will add to that the rigidity of 'no-negotiation' attitude a la 'no negotiating with daba-dhilifs; no-negotiating with terrorists' will only serve as an obstacle to systematic exploration of how best to conduct a neutral and inclusive national-level negotiation. 2) Contestants: opposing wing of H tribe leaders with UIC leaders, Coalition of diverse clans that this TFG is believed to be made up, Gedo clan, clans that are sitting on the fence waiting the outcome of the current contest between the first two, and recovery zones up north must be willing to compromise on their stated goals so that the chance of them becoming constructive interlocutors is high. I will add to that the violence we have heard through the news does not advance the ball and in a sense is a perverted form of self-realization. 3) The leaders representing different sides at the dirrin must be able to control its rank and file. 4) Foreign intervention must not interfere in the reconciliation dialogue.

^^I am with you on that...

Baashi   

Xiin, now awoowe tell me what's wrong with having clan reps airing their grievances. Note my criticism on how this congress is not tackling the political issues and how the TFG is acting as a moderator of the conference.

There is nothing wrong with it. In fact, if I were to advise those fighters in Xamar, I would tell them to ignore these odoyaal!

Baashe wrote:

Note my criticism on how this congress is not tackling the political issues and how the TFG is acting as a moderator of the conference.

^^That's the catch awoowe! If you are talking about real and genuine reconciliation, this conference is broken. It’s not intended to reconcile Somalis. This gathering was orchestrated and it’s being managed as we speak by one side of Somali conflict. The wadaads though militarily defeated and politically marginalized is yet a power to reckon with AND they are not there for many reasons. Reason # 1 being this conference is held under the shades of Ethiopian tanks so to peak. Wadaads perceive Ethiopia as an occupying force that has illegally deposed them and helped the return of Mogadishu warlords. Reason # 2 is that this conference, the form it was proposed, does not take up the question of political disputes. It makes this defunct tfg body the sole authority of the land and discussion about any reforms to it beyond any debate. Those are the two main sticking points that deem this conference as a useless gathering. There are minor technical issues as well but those would have been overcome if the fundamentals were addressed.

So the point is not whether bunch of odayaal get the opportunity to rant and voice own grievances. It’s the format and the arrangement that’s at issue here awoowe!

Baashi   

Xiinoow open ur eyes buddy. With Amhaaro and Ugandhans on gaurd, they almost killed Geddi :D Are you now demanding unilateral disarmament :D You may as well ask Yussuf and Geddi to prepare their kafan.

Look there is a middle ground and if I can't convince you and other SOLers there is one what you expect from the hardened folks back home?

Walle shido baa taagan

^^Oodweyne, would you advice your folks to attend the next peace conference that’s rumored to be in the works in Saudi Arabia, or would you still stick to your alliance with Zenawi :D ?

There are rumors that the Kingdom is organizing a genuine reconciliation conference. If that comes to fruition and the Saudi Arabia begins to mediate between poor Somalis, I would support it. But I also think Somalia’s conflict will be only resolved by taking a holistic approach, the piecemeal route has utterly failed. And in that, I assert even if Somalis in the south sort things through, the absence of secessionist camp from the rumored peace proceedings will come back to haunt us….

RedSea   

The bogus conference comes to an end and no accomplishments at all. Nothing at all.

When brother Baashi was told this is a bogus conference, he lashed out against other members and name called them.

This is what some elders said about this so called reconcialiation conference. " It started and elders met to drink coffee in a big hall but nobody seems able to explain what the real outcome is," Haji Adan Mohamed said. I believe this congress was just a holiday break for elders from faraway regions :D

Here is the link to what the world has to say about the bogus conference.

Baashi   

^Not true.

Oodweyne, read my posts in this thread first. And then will sit and do some analyzing aight. waa ku kaa.

Xiinoow, awoowe halkay wax iska qaban la'yihiin?

RedSea   

lol....

dee waa halkii ninkii salada ciida yidhi xagay ka xidhmi la'day.

Baashi,

If you think about it. None of the elders from any camp have the power to stop of what is happening in Somalia. This is a problem between the stooge government and their allies Ethiopia vs. The ICU.

These are the contenders. So that being said it makes no sense to say bring an oday from Zeylac ilaa bari baalihiisa and ugaas from caabudwaaq who only rely on the current events of somalia through the air waves of BBC just like you and I. They have no influence in the somali politics. It's just waste of time and it has proven it with 45 of elder gathering yet the problem still persists.

Somalia's problem is political today more so than clan rivalry.

Baashi   

Oodweyne,

I’m short on time these days awoowe. I don’t have that many minutes to spare now either. Nevertheless you deserve an answer. I’m for lasting peace. Period. Perhaps what blew you off is the fact that I’m willing to accept a just, all inclusive and practical settlement even if it is a one presided by this TFG. That’s it I guess. That’s where you get all tangled up. How else can you explain the fact that you missed the four premises that I’ve listed in my post as the basis for negotiated settlement that holds water. Not only that I listed a criteria but I also enumerated a set of acceptable outcomes for the reconciliation to succeed.

Look what the TFG has cooked up was not a practical and impartial congress. But the fact that it bowed to outside pressure and actually called, followed up, and convened a congress is in itself a step in the right direction. I fully supported the gesture. It could have been better and more practical but nevertheless kudos to them for going down that route.

The congress have been boycotted by the opposition and perhaps rightly so for TFG presented itself as a non-partisan neutral mediator above the fray. They, both sides, can give it another try, tweaked the details a bit if they must, change the whole ball game if necessary but they got to start talking damn it!

The alternative is not an option from where I sit at least. The Kalligii-Muslims of the site, young and impressionable joint, pseudo-nationalists, chicken hawks, hardcore secessionists (which I count you as a member) can put on a cyber show of outrage and shake their fist in the air all they want but prudent and more experienced awooweyaal see the writing on the wall all too well.

Sxb there will be a time when y’all will realize that warring clans armed and exploited by regional foes trying to put pressure on each other means a lose-lose proposition for all sides and if left unchecked will run Somali affairs for the foreseeable future. At the sorry state Somalis are today, the only effective checking they can come up with for their own good is to strike a political deal.

Benadir conference was a start. It didn’t pan out as some of us expected it would. There is another one coming up in Eritrea. My hope is that the coalition (divergent interests, different political persuasion, diff clan background) out there will find a common ground to mount a meaningful opposition. Perhaps with forceful and legit opposition open to negotiated settlement will leave the TFG no option but to oblige.

The task for the coalition is to deal with the personalities within the coalition that could jeopardize their game plan.

Who knows perhaps this will be it -- the real deal -- two sides of the equation talking about ways and means to end the conflict. And who know perhaps you too might come around and support the "other" Somalia quest for peacefull existence smile.gif

Waa siday tahay,

In the big scheme of things, and when the fog of emotion is removed from this discussion, Baashi’s points are unassailable. There is no alternative for genuine reconciliation between Somalis.

My only objection was the lack of sincerity from tfg’s part---insisting to hold a conference under the shades of Ethiopian tanks, and presiding over it was clearly missing the point of the whole effort.

Paragon   

By Sumarai Warrior

- It is
"nirig hal xaaran ahi, nirig xalaal ah ma dhasho"
for the ney-sayers in the Diaspora --- check Xiin and Co will have nothing to disassemble, no one to vilify, no idol to worship, no nubiles to beguile, no Gustavo to gut, no more Islamism in the horizon [
‘geeri & geeri go’an iga dheh’ for them
] – a non-starter!

Adeer, hashii xaaraanta ahayd horta maxay dhashay, in war la is weydaarsado ma xumee? :D Geeri-go'anku raggaad la dooneyso armuu Eebe u qaddarin? smile.gif .

^^ :D:D

Oodweynow, Baashi is a modern man, and even if the said Macawis were fated to slip, his Cali-Falaax :D would’ve been readily there to hide old man’s shame! But I believe Baashi’s Macawis is firmly fastened and intact.

I still think Baashi’s four points, as criteria for a genuine conference, are spot on.

The man has been consistently realist on the turbulent Somali politics.

Paragon   

^^ :D:D

The song of the tfg is now:

Aniguu weli sidii baan soo dhowoow ku leeyahay

Anigu weli sidii baan sacabka kuugu tumayaa...

To which meles sings:

Aniguu weli siduu buu qalbigu saafi kuugu yahay

Aniguu weli sidii baan sama kuugu taliyaa..

Balse sama seegte labadooduba! Oodweynoow!

Aniguna ka casha tagey! :D Bless Khadra Daahir smile.gif .