Sign in to follow this  
N.O.R.F

QA with Norf

N.O.R.F   

It has come to my attention that some of the folks on here continue to entertain the notion that I and others hold a contradictory position with regard to the goings on in Somalia. I have therefore gone out of my way here to try and explain my position. It is hoped that those who can refute this position try to do so using their intellect rather than their clan prejudices’ and the very convenient ‘yeah but no but yeah but’. It is time to put up or shut up so to speak. I will answer all questions put forth (unless I think I have already done so).

I will maintain my Sharaf (Sharaftaan ka raacayaa waligiin ma maqasheen?) and answer the questions posed as clearly and unequivocally as possible for those of the somewhat simple-minded (whether genuine or chosen in this instance out of pride or clan bias). It is hoped that once this rebuttal is read and digested, any questions in relation to it would encompass the whole piece rather than deliberately misininterpreting one line at a time whilst trying to play-up to the audience. Are you ready Duke? Are ready simpletons? (young and old).

. If this is genuine, why have we never seen any anti Ethiopian demonstrations in Somaliland for the plight of the Somali’s?

I thought you and others were interested in MY stance on the wretched TFG/Ethio alliance? What does the above question have to do with, wait for it, MY, ie me (Northerner Bin Ahmed Al Burcaawi), stance?

Difficult as it may be for the somewhat simple minded folks (again this is probably deliberate in a refusal to accept they are wrong in their own stance and/or still have the advice of the ‘Tolka’ ringing in their ears), my own personal stance (and that of many others regardless of their origin) consists of the following:

a) It is my duty as a Muslim to oppose the invasion of a Muslim country (I have been avoiding this one for a long time but it is time to state the obvious for a few folks). For those he keep yelling ‘yeah but it was not an invasion’ I keep asking for reasons as to why they feel it is not. Nothing has been forthcoming (must be the ‘Tolka’ advice again)

b) Concerns for the people caught up in the madness

c) Peace did exist for 6 months in a city/country that has been without it for 17 years (why would I not support such a change?)

d) Wishing to see a sustainable and long lasting peace in Somalia (yes Somalia) without the warlords (President or otherwise) in charge of proceedings.

Now if any of the above reasons contradict my stance on SL’s secession then so be it. BUT DOES IT?

SL is seeking recognition by everyone. Agreed, Ethiopia is the main country that is aiding SL in it’s pursuit of recognition but it is not the only country. The actions of the government or inaction in this case I totally disagree with. My sentiments on all things SL are usually represented by the opposition groups and namely Kulmiye whose head has condemned the situation on numerous occasions. But let me expand your ways of thinking a little ya sons and nephews of the esteemed (nephews of the not so esteemed in some cases).

You all live in the west. You all pay taxes to Uncle Sam and Her Majesty respectively. Though you’re paying for the war in Iraq, the weaponry sent to Israel to bomb Palestine and her people, does that mean you’re in agreement with such actions? Does that make you a hypocrite? Should you move out? If you don’t want to pay just quit working! Hehe.

Going back to the question, demonstrations have not happened against the Ethiopian govnt and their involvement in Somalia. BUT, the displaced people have managed find a safe place to stay in SL (PL refused them remember?). They have found a people who are only willing to help, who have given them jobs, who have entered their children into schools, they have been provided an atmosphere of peace and hospitality. There goes one short-sighted question.

. Why have the secessionist junta in Hragaysa and their lobbies not condemned what you see as war crimes?

The opposition has condemned it (in this instance I agree with them). The actions or in actions of any govnt/leaders/representers of any particular country/cause/ideology does not necessarily mean that those who they represent are in agreement with their actions/in-actions or be held accountable (see my earlier example of paying taxes that finance wars). It is really quite simple old chap. Leave out whatever the ‘Tolka’ have been telling you (ie they hate us and want to see Somalia destroyed yada yada’) on the back burner and THINK about it.

. Why have you been supportive at best and quite when Hargaysa junta handed Ethiopia Somali rebels?

I (and many others) have not been supportive but have condemned the actions of the admin on numerous occasions. But are you concerned for those who have been handed over? Or is it just an easy, and hypocritical, way of throwing mud hoping it would stick?

Sorry to have burst your little bubble old chap. Tell your mates to come out for a bit of argy bargy. I hope they can stand me having a go at them. They tend to crawl back under their rocks when questioned.

Is it time for Norf’s to question the Ethio tank riders in a separate thread,,,,,,

Thierry.   

There you have it folks the man has explained himself in a comprehensive manner and is ready for sensible question

nuune   

Nice one Norf,

Aawey dadkii jinniyaha isku ridayey, barxada isa soo dhiga hala idin lalmiyee sidii tukaha smile.gif

Malika   

"You all live in the west. You all pay taxes to Uncle Sam and Her Majesty respectively. Though you’re paying for the war in Iraq, the weaponry sent to Israel to bomb Palestine and her people, does that mean you’re in agreement with such actions? Does that make you a hypocrite? Should you move out? If you don’t want to pay just quit working! Hehe."

^LOL,the dole looks much more attractive now..Heh

I think,it has'nt sunk in quite yet that SL's ambition to sessesion from Somalia to many of us,hence the anger toward the administration befriending our current enemy and not extending a helping hand in this distastrous times.We as Somalis are customery known for helping and standing up for one another,so it is a painful reality to the realisation that their determination means they will and wont get involved..

ps.Northerner,refrain from personalising your argument.."simpletons"..walaaga fican yahay!

Yours simpleton Malika.. :D:D

Northerner..You could have set the right tune by not calling people simpletons and qabiil inclined while you consider yourself above the fray.Extend some courtesy to people that's you wish to maintain your "sharaf"

And I don't understand other being in defensive mode (which you are in here), do those starting "debates" expect to change anyone's opinion or just do it for sake of refuting someone else's argument. People are entrenched in the views and no Somali is willing another Somali's train of thought. In the end, more of the same. You hold on to your guns and they do the same. They accuse of something and you reciprocate.

And who's started, come and debate with me thing. I guess people like trendy thing. Ok folks,come and have some tea with Che then :D

Your Qabiilist Che.

Al Burcaawi—

There is no doubt in my mind that you are a good man who wishes his people peace and security. I really believe that. I am however biased when it comes to Somalia’s politics. My yardstick of late has been who’s opposing Jabbuuti agreement and who’s supporting it. And I have been quite happy with how you reasoned with specific clauses in the agreement and finally supported it. Unlike Mujaahidka, your numbers went up on the credibility graph. Even good Ayyoub---a flaming revisionist in many ways---has reasoned very well and actually added his voice in agreement with the current approach.

But please don’t tie your self to SL. SL is an entity that you have no control over. It does things that are very hard to explain away. Its separatist agenda contradicts the very idea of Somalia as a single political unit. It’s not Somaliland per se that I reproach, it’s what SL’s elite desires and tirelessly works to achieve. That does not mean you shy away supporting it when it’s right. It just means criticizing separatist agenda, and secessionism in general does not equal criticizing Northern brothers. That you take it so bothers me really…

Northerner-Well I keep it short. I don't question your genuine heartfelt concern for the sufferings and miseries that has beffalen upon Somalis in particular Benadir, but you being a staunch secessionist ( Do let me if that's unfair charecterization) I do question your politics vis-à-vis Somalia as your interests are diametrically opposed to revival of Somali State, and will in no dought be threatened by unified stable Southern Somalia. I think ignoring this simple fact is disingenuous unless you subscribe to the idea of seeking independence through Mogadisho or simply choosing to remain in Somalia granted your grievances are adequately addressed. As for Somaliland aiding and abiding Ethio's onslaught on the South, I don't think they are anymore guilty than any other Somali entity, and I'm talking about admins here. The public much like the rest of Somalia are just passive audience, of course disgusted but powerless.

Laba-X   

Yaa North, No need to explain your position to the noted SOL poltroons or to anyone for that matter - even if you were to elucidate your stance a hundred times, it would not penetrate their thick skull.

I am however biased when it comes to Somalia’s politics. My yardstick of late has been who’s opposing Jabbuuti agreement and who’s supporting it.

:D:D

Baashi   

North, you did not have to do this awoowe. But now you've asked for it I got two simple questions for you. I do not need clarifications. Yes/No answer will do.

Are you for Sharia law for Somalia that once existed?

Are you for forcing administrations that are not prepared to accept the imposition of Sharia law (irrespective of what masses want) on the domains under their rule?

N.O.R.F   

^^You tend to askk for yes and no answers these days awoow. Why so?

Are you for Sharia law for Somalia that once existed?

Sharia Law (whether it previously existed or not) get a big YES.

Are you for forcing administrations that are not prepared to accept the imposition of Sharia law (irrespective of what masses want) on the domains under their rule?

Without a proper discussion on the circumstances that lead to the above there is very little scope for debate. Which way do you want to go about it?

Baashi   

We are not debating here. You said you are up for questioning.

The second question is crystal. Will you allow Al-Shabaab after they kick Tigre's behind and liberate parts of the South to turn around and spread the message by force to other parts of Somalia that once existed.

Now there is a follow up Q on the first Q: Are you for dismembering Somalia that once existed into fiefdoms on the bases of what European power colonized what corner once upon time?

NinBrown   

Horta meesha cay baa ku bilowday...taas sharafta ayey kaa qaaday.

My questions:

1)Is everyone who hails from or supports PL a qabiilist and a traitor...as you eluded to in your above post.

2)where is your evidence people from the south were refused entrance to PL.

cheers mate

N.O.R.F   

Originally posted by Baashi:

Are you for dismembering Somalia that once existed into fiefdoms on the bases of what European power colonized what corner once upon time?

At the moment there is no alternative. There was an alternative June-Dec 2006.

N.O.R.F   

NB

1)Is everyone who hails from or supports PL a qabiilist and a traitor...as you eluded to in your above post

I didn’t allude to that. I alluded to those who questioned my position as somewhat suspect with a wiff of ‘tolka’ training mindset. But hey I could be wrong,,,,,

2)where is your evidence people from the south were refused entrance to PL.

Plane load back in 2006. Look it up.