Sign in to follow this  
RedSea

Maakhirland leader comes to Hargeisa...slap on the face of PLand.

Originally posted by Koora-Tuunshe:

^I know Ceerigabo's people have kept stable environment and do heavily intermarry with one another but I meant by its
traditional ownership
. Historically Erigavo as a territory did fall under the seperatist clans' territory but it wasn't since the Sultan of Makhir's rule expanded into Erigavo as far as Mait and Garadag that the city grew and officially held a shared status. I mean his sultanate, according to colonial documents, reached GarAdag. In post civil war, the city's demographics have changed and control over it became a disputed issue.

Contrary to your wikipedia-sourced nonsense, the city of Ceerigaabo was never disputed nor divided in its entire history. The city has always been under the leadership of the current governor and mayor's kins with the exception of during the Afwayne dictatorship.

As you maybe aware of, the only battles that took place in Ceerigaabo during the civilwar was between 1988/1990 when Afwayne's regime unleashed its forces on the locals. After the demise of that regime, the clan melitias that were allied to the Afwayne regime vacated the city as the SNM forces led by Mujaahid Col. Ahmed Mire marched on to liberate the city. Hence, the fact that the city was never fought over by clan melitias.

The clan melitias, however, and armed nomads in particular, fought over in the remote country side areas and you might remember the local clans that were supporting the SNM, occupied the city of Hadaaftimo at one stage. Other clan melitia fights occured in the far south villages near Xuddun in Sool region.

You mentioned the the 4-way peace conferences of early 1990s, those Peace conferences were never about the city of Erigabo and its ownership, it was more about the inter-communal relationship and cessation of clan hostilities in the country side between the nomads.

balayo, everyday you here new stuff, just as Galkacyo is divided into north-south and Burco is divided east-west so is Ceerigaabo is divided east and west. West ceerigaabo is shared by rer burco both east and west. East Ceerigaabo is shared by the Maakhiris and darwiish. Some say there has been a changed in demographics but the balance is still the same. Today, most of the W ceerigaans are rer west Burco and E ceerigaabo is mostly darwiishlanders and not So much of Maakhiris. Granted, ceerigaaban intermingle more then rer burco and Galkacyo, but none the less, the city is east-west divided. Hopes that helps some confused people.

Koora, what are talking about, i was told by some Historians that Ceerigaabo use to be a place for the Maakhiri Garaaads horses?

Cerigaabo city is 100% Somali. Cut this division nonsense. It's time SOLers worked more on what unites us than what divides us. This "US" against "THEM" mentality is so old school.

dhulQarnayn :cool:

Republic Of Somalia

Originally posted by Naxar Nugaaleed:

balayo, everyday you here new stuff, just as Galkacyo is divided into north-south and Burco is divided east-west so is Ceerigaabo is divided east and west. West ceerigaabo is shared by rer burco both east and west. East Ceerigaabo is shared by the Maakhiris and darwiish. Some say there has been a changed in demographics but the balance is still the same. Today, most of the W ceerigaans are rer west Burco and E ceerigaabo is mostly darwiishlanders and not So much of Maakhiris. Granted, ceerigaaban intermingle more then rer burco and Galkacyo, but none the less, the city is east-west divided. Hopes that helps some confused people.

That is natural division. It is not only found in Burco but is found in every area including Hargeisa.

Even in the Western world there are natural divisions, economic, social or class. There are poor neighbourhoods and rich neighborhoods in New York city. There are the Italian, Jewish and Black and White areas as well.

If we follow your logic, even indivitual clans are subdivided into mini subsub sub clans which go all the way down to the level of a husband and his 2 wives that are divided household.

The natural divisions are many but aside from that, Ceerigaabo city is a united city. Its people are united in keeping their well earned peace, they support their police force, they obey the local laws, they go to the same schools and learn the same things, they elect their political leaders... etc etc.

Originally posted by General Duke:

When Gen ilkajiir ebcomes President even Erigavo will come without a fight. LA is no issue and we shall not make a front out of our people.

With the change in Admin these regions will come to the union fold. Thus secessionist are again wasting their money and effort.

ceerigabo wa xerro s n m it always was . mala badhan baad ku qaldaysa

AYOUB   

Originally posted by Koora-Tuunshe:

^I know Ceerigabo's people have kept stable environment and do heavily intermarry with one another but I meant by its
traditional ownership
. Historically Erigavo as a territory did fall under the seperatist clans' territory but it wasn't since the Sultan of Makhir's rule expanded into Erigavo as far as Mait and Garadag that the city grew and officially held a shared status. I mean his sultanate, according to colonial documents, reached GarAdag. In post civil war, the city's demographics have changed and control over it became a disputed issue.

I've asked a very straightforward question, what demarcations are there in Ceerigaabo?

As far as I know, all of Ceerigaabo's neighbourhoods are run by mayor Ismaciil Xaaji Nuur. You can correct me if am wrong sxb. If you think Ceerigaabo historically belongs to certain clan, that's fine too. I thank you for volunteering that bit of info, but I never asked you that. As for what you now call "Maakhir", you're not the first person who claimed it historically belongs to them one day, and then claim their great grandfather was a refugee from Yemen who settled after getting nitched to local girl on another. ;) Waa halkii odaygii...just words on the screen, words on the screen. smile.gif

Originally posted by Naxar Nugaaleed:

Granted, ceerigaaban intermingle more then rer burco and Galkacyo, but none the less, the city is east-west divided.

Reer Burco don't intermingle? Really? Come-on now cut the BS. Gaalkacayo has the infamous "green line" clan demarcations unlike anywhere in Somaliland. Is Gaalkacayo's southern bit not under Galmudug administration and the north under Puntland? Tell me one town in Somaliland that is run by different clan factions? Not Ceerigaabo, not anywhere. It's one thing to have neighbourhoods dominated by certain groups, but the Gaalkacayo devision doesn't exist in Ceerigaabo, unlike what Koora wanted gullible Duke to believe. He otherwise wouldn't have mention "agreement which demarcated the city into half", would he?

^Ayoub, there's been tons of back and forth arguments on the Erigavo issue and I am not going to swerve this thread from its intended subject. I refrain from it because it carries strong tribal connotation and hence the deterioration of the quality of our debate. I, however, acknowledge your mayoral claim though it might not be a reasonable answer to who owns the city in the absence of a government of national union. You know very well that Somalia today is governed by our political relations and loyalty to one' s clan and territory - calcified by centuries of harmonious coexistance and times of War and Peace.

You're known to be neutral unlike my belligerent and delusional seperatist friends. Even a person from as far as Gaashaamo had had the audacity to claim ownership of Erigavo and exclude others who had been there for centuries. lol