Sign in to follow this  
RedSea

Maakhirland leader comes to Hargeisa...slap on the face of PLand.

AYOUB   

Originally posted by Cirdey:

Give the man a break; he simply went to H town to top up his medication! Taa ma ceebbaa? Caafimad darradaa ka daran nooh
:D

True say. Let's all wish him good wealth. Aaamiin dheh! :D The choice is his but, according to Cadde Muuse all enlightened folk from "Maakhir" are in Hargeisa anyway. ;) As for the people of Sanaag, One Man/Woman One Vote should decide their future and not some bribed old farts.

Abwaan

I'm no expert, but from what I gather, Maakhir is an old name for part of coastal area of Sanaag. I've seen pictures of supposedly old ruins of Maakhir when the shorelines had thriving settlements. The name also appears in Xaaji Aadan Af-Qallooc wonderful 1968 poem Ceerigaabo (found in the book I previously recommended) ...

Taarikhdu waynoo musbaax maanka caawima'e

Adoo male gudaayaad yaqiin marar ku gaadhaaye

Makaankaaga waa inad taqaan meelba waxa yaalle

Dalkan wax ugu mudan Ceerigaab uguna muuq dheere

Waa Maakhir-koosti la degay maraan la koobayne

Jamhuuriyaddu meel shaabbahdiyo ma leh mataalkeede......

AYOUB   

^^Seen. It's very simple sxb. Only the liberated can have the freedom to choose their leadership by voting. The people of Sool and Sanaag should have the privilege of voting for their leadership instead of some old farts in Garowe deciding their future. Comprende amigo? :D

First of all, Col. Jibriil had never managed to win local support or legitimate sanction from the Council of Elders for his initiatives but the project gained Diaspora approval, first as a political grievance against Ade Muse administration which had engaged in several but abortive expeditions to exploit the metallic and oil resources of Sanaag and western Bari to which the Maakhirins largely inhabit. His expeditions failed due to the lack of public consent besides reservations made by the administration in Sanaag due to the environmental, financial and strategic flaws of the deal Ade signed with Australian and Canadian companies. Of the labyrinthine issues of Somalia, Sanaag has largely remained outside the influence of the secessionists and it's directly connected to Bosaso both in commerce and defense, and the locals regard the city as one of their own, contributing mainly to its rise as one of the prosperous cities of Somalia.

You can tell the marked difference between Jibrel and Gen. Ilkajir. One has the solid support of not only Maakhirians but Puntlanders as well. He went to the region and transformed it, building up its military capacity and civil society while enhancing its status as a region that is part and parcel of Somalia.

What that entails I might ask is that Sanag/Makhir region will always maintain its autonomous status despite the claims and saber-rattling of the separatists. The locals have made considerable effort at preserving the fragile stability of their territories. For instance, the separatist’s naked aggression of the city Dhahar was totally reversed in Maakhir's favor, even leading to the ignominious sacking of Somaliland's Defense Minister.

Well the declaration of Maakhir State preceded the capture of Las Anod. Some regional experts argue the declaration had a negative effect on the Puntland's grip of Las Anod. Jibriil's project didn't however materialize to its full bloom because majority feared he was a self-serving individual, but it roused the Sanaagians and warned the entities surrounding it that Maakhir was a force to reckon with. :D

When Gen ilkajiir ebcomes President even Erigavo will come without a fight. LA is no issue and we shall not make a front out of our people.

With the change in Admin these regions will come to the union fold. Thus secessionist are again wasting their money and effort.

General Duke, Erigavo has remained calm and peaceful for a decade because of the grand reconciliation agreement which demarcated the city into half, but the General does not want to agitate the fragile peace of that city. I think this is a strategic decision for him.

AYOUB   

^^ What demarcations? This is not Gaalkacayo sxb.

Duke is forgiven coz he does not know the recent history of Sanaag.

Originally posted by General Duke:

LA is no issue and we shall not make a front out of our people.

What does "we shall not make a front out of our people" mean?

^I know Ceerigabo's people have kept stable environment and do heavily intermarry with one another but I meant by its traditional ownership. Historically Erigavo as a territory did fall under the seperatist clans' territory but it wasn't since the Sultan of Makhir's rule expanded into Erigavo as far as Mait and Garadag that the city grew and officially held a shared status. I mean his sultanate, according to colonial documents, reached GarAdag. In post civil war, the city's demographics have changed and control over it became a disputed issue.