Sign in to follow this  
Nur

14 Factors for Happiness

Nur   

Salaams Nomads

Here are some 14 factors I put together for feeling and staying happy in this life as they've worked well for me, I thought sharing it with you all, so feel free to add to my list if you have insights of your own.

From Nurtel (eNuri) Happy Days archives.

Happiness Factors

The most important factor in attaining happiness is resolving issues that matter to one's life, and death. The sooner you resolve these issues, the happier you will get

The first of these factors is figuring out your place in this world, your significance and role. Once all the pieces are put together, that is when you will feel relieved.

The second factor is knowing your maker, and appreciating his dominion over all things. Any art student can tell you how great a painting is when all you see is couple of colored strokes on a wall, likewise, a Music student can tell you about Bach, Beethoven and Verdi. Unless you appreciate their work you would not be able to appreciate these artists. (Wa lillahul Mathalul Aclaa) (Note: This is for the sake of example only, Islam does not promote Music, Sheitan does!)

To really know Allah SWT is to really look deeply into his creations which represent the living Book of life with all of its complexities and wonders. The more you immerse your self in this realm, the more you find yourself at awe with Allah SWT.

The third factor is beginning to Love and seek Allah and taking the first steps toward his direction.

The fourth factor is finding all the answers to all the questions that you may have in the Holy Quraan and the Sunnah of the Messenger SAWS.

The Fifth factor is loving Allah SW and the messenger SAWS.

The Sixth factor is translating your love for Allah and his apostle to actions that show in your character when dealing with others. Serenity, respect and dignity.

The seventh factor is constant remembrance of Allah SWT and Dhiker, and Salaat on the soul of the Rasoul as an appreciation of his delivery of this great Deen to us.

The eigth factor is the realization that Allah, your ilaah, is the sole power and the Sovereign ( Samad) who runs everything that you see or hear. Nothing escapes his plan and nothing can outwit Allah SWT. He is the source of all the requirements of his dominion and everything we see happens for a purpose whose secret only Allah fully knows.

The ninth factor is, after that realization to think positively about Allah SWT.

The tenth Factor of happiness is praying to Allah, making many Duaa to Allah, the only one who can deliver your needs when distressed. Prayers are joyful experience.

The 11the factor is controlling your desires and aligning them with the revelation. The more you are in control of your desires, the happier you will feel. Obedience to Allah is in itself a pleasure that only those who safeguard their desires can enjoy. And the joy Allah puts in your heart when you obey him, is indeed a great joy, so good, some Salaf people have described it that Jannah must be good if one can get a feeling as good as enjoying the remembrance of Allah.

The 12th factor Making the obligatory Ibaadaat. Like Prayers, Fasting etc. The more you observe, the happier you shall feel.

The 13th factor is the Morning and afternoon Dhiker. These are prescribed sayings that our Prophet SAWS had taught us to say at dawn and sunset. Saying these adhkaar can put a lot of ease and happiness into your life. It can reduce your sins, increase your hasanaat and protect you from Sheitaan.

The 14th factor and by far the most important one is the Tilaawatul Quraan. (specially in Ramadaan) The recitation of Quraan is a soul filling experience. If you look deeper into the Quraan, you may not be able to stop, it is another world, and it is a joyful world when by way of your imagination, you meet the good folks mentioned in Quraan. Rest assured, that if you set aside a particular time in your daily schedule for reading Quraan, you will get a great dose of happiness. Reading Quraan relaxes you, keeps you tension down, eases your preoccupations and belittles you worries, the single most source of Misery.

- إن لأهل التقوى علامات يعرفون بها :

صدق الحديث

ووفاء بالعهد

و صلة الرحم

و رحمة الضعفاء

وقلة المباهاة للناس

و حسن الخلق

وسعة الخلق فيما يقرب إلى الله

Nur

N.O.R.F   

Rest assured, that if you set aside a particular time in your daily schedule for reading Quraan, you will get a great dose of hapiness. Reading Quraan relaxes you, keeps you tension down, eases your preoccupations and belittles you worries, the single most source of Misery.

Before bed and on yr travels in the morning does wonders to your life!

Very True indeed!

Raxmah   

Definitely 14 factors that could make us better muslims, just changing few of our bad habits can help us alot.

Thanks Br. Nur for sharing your insights, may allah reward u for it.

Nur   

Nomads

The Seven is a gateway to heaven, thinka about it,

The seventh factor is constant remembrance of Allah SWT and Dhiker, and Salaat on the soul of the Rasoul as an appreciation of his delivery of this great Deen to us.

Nur

Muhammad   

Jazakallahu khayr brother Nur.

Subxanallah. if you look carefuly, whats interesting about these factors and Islam as a whole, is how one thing is connected to everything else, they are all interdependent, one exist to support the other, if you break one, everthing else collapses, but if you work hard on one, it will lead you to all.

"The first of these factors is figuring out your place in this world, your significance and role. Once all the pieces are put together, that is when you will feel relieved. "

Allah is great.

Amani

The 13th factor is the Morning and afternoon Dhiker. These are prescribed sayings that our Prophet SAWS had taught us to say at dawn and sunset. Saying these adhkaar can put a lot of ease and happiness into your life. It can reduce your sins, increase your hasanaat and protect you from Sheitaan.

I am sorry if this sounds really dumb, but what do you exactly say when you do the Dhiker?

Som@li   

^^^ Xu, Dhikr means Remembrance of Allah,You can do it individually or with a group"gathering",and walaal it is very easy by reciting basic du'as.

Jabir reported that the Prophet (Peace be upon him), said: "The best remembrance of Allah is to repeat la ilaha illallah and the best prayer (du'a) is al-hamdu lillah (all praise belongs to Allah)." (Narrated by Nasa'i, Ibn Majah, and Hakim who declared its chain sound) In Bukhari and Muslim:

I agree almost on all the fourteen. There is non that i dont agree with its just that i dont know. Insha ALLAH may be some day i will know more.

Jazkallah kheir, Brother Nur.

I will say this article is one of my favorite reads. Kind keeps me on track when I find fault in myself. As its part of human nature, once the moral is down or saddened we look for something to lift the spirit. And its always better to find happiness and tranquility the "right" way.

Truly agree all. The truth is only in the remembrance of Allah can the heart find peace and of cource happiness. Alla bi Dikrillahi Tadma innul Quluub, hope I got it right there!

[ September 20, 2008, 11:02 AM: Message edited by: Nur ]