Sign in to follow this  
NASSIR

African Union Shuts the Door of Recognition to Somaliland

Some of these nations are struggling for their existance, if we even compare some of these nation to somaliland, we could honestly conclude that Somaliland is ahead of them both economically and YES stability by far.

So AU is nothing in my view.

Yet Somaliland thirsts for their recognition, and if you cannot get the recognition of the 'Dark continent', what hopes have you of gaining it overseas?

The world has its reasons for denying Somaliland recognition, you know. Do not think you have merely been overlooked.

Xaruuri   

Why is this chap calling himself Odweyne get incensed when people express themselves? Oday, you are from the bushes of Odweyne and you can speak for yourself and be a sectarian clannish ******** if you like, but we too are from the north and we do not subscribe to that sectarian whimsy project they call Somaliland. We are proud of our heritage and those crazies who claim that they run Somaliland do not represent us. Whether you like to hear or not the northerners are very much divided when it comes to the secession project. If you believe otherwise you can continue to live in your castle in the sky and Cuckoo land.

By the way the funniest thing these days is the (the secessionists) started calling the despot who runs the Hargeisa administration the Prophet of Democracy. I think they are probably beginning to become nostalgic for the Aabaha Ummadda of the past! What an irony?

Xaruuri

[ February 22, 2007, 01:04 AM: Message edited by: Miskiin-Macruuf-Aqiyaar ]

Originally posted by Shucayb:

^Economist,

fair and honest question. Although recogntion was 'denied' by these AU nations, does that still deny them any potential recogntion to get from more advanced technologically, financially European countries, than nations of the 'dark' continent?

Some of these nations are struggling for their existance, if we even compare some of these nation to somaliland, we could honestly conclude that Somaliland is ahead of them both economically and YES stability by far.

So AU is nothing in my view.

No not at all, the possibility itself exists, but as you know the process of being acknowledged as a soverign country is far more complex than just indicating certain possibilites. And that takes us to the question of why the international community refuses to acknowledge Somalilands independence, any answer to that?

Bye allah is swear if we are never going 2 be recognized the somaliland ppl will never be part of somalia again cant u get that trough ur head if somaliland want something they get it if it doesent so be it what we gote 2 lose men

Rayaale is going be rayaale and when he is gone there will be some else

hargeysa will be just capital nothing will change if recognition come

And somalilanders will still keep there flag high up calan aan daggeyn

Becous nabbi maxammed baa caruurteysii uu duuceye

Durriyadi reer bani xussein

NGONGE   

Originally posted by Caamir:

"The whole press release is a load of claptrap that I’m surprised you’re taking it seriously there, Duke.

Though it claims that the actions of the Somaliland representatives were hopeless it fails to realise its very own desperation there (in fact, it has the feel of outright panic)!

......f that is the extent of the collective knowledge and common sense of the NSPU I really do feel sorry for the people of Sool, Sanag and whatever the third place was called. "

You have a bad habit devoid of moral wisdom and intellect. I hope you might one day work on your good will by engaging yourself with the works of great writers like Martin Luther King jr. I say this because it is in part my observation of how you critique things or persons.
:D

It was still a very weak and false press release, saaxib. If I see a silly piece of writing I just can't help pointing out the flaws within. Lets leave Mr King out of this and you try again knocking down Somaliland. It can be done you know. Somaliland is NOT in a very strong position and it has many flaws that you can point out. Do it in an acceptable and logical way and you're not going to get any complaints from me. I am, always have been and shall remain (unless recognition is granted) on the fence. :D

Taleexi   

Originally posted by Xaruuri:

Why is this chap calling himself Odweyne get incensed when people express themselves? Oday, you are from the bushes of Odweyne and you can speak for yourself and be a sectarian clannish bigot if you like, but we too are from the north and we do not subscribe to that sectarian whimsy project they call Somaliland. We are proud of our heritage and those crazies who claim that they run Somaliland do not represent us. Whether you like to hear or not the northerners are very much divided when it comes to the secession project. If you believe otherwise you can continue to live in your castle in the sky and Cuckoo land.

By the way the funniest thing these days is the (the secessionists) started calling the despot who runs the Hargeisa administration the Prophet of Democracy. I think they are probably beginning to become nostalgic for the Aabaha Ummadda of the past! What an irony?

Xaruuri

Mr. Xaruuri, This old chap, namely Oodweyne needs additional attention be given but doesn't need your heavy doses and claims backed by rational reasons.

Whats with all the fuss people, no one seems to want to recognise Somaliland, the question here is why? All you are doing is giving emotive arguments.

Ngoong, Mujahid-Snm and others here give us the answer to why no one recognises Somaliland, not even Djibouti & Ethiopia?

Recognition is not coming on a gold plate ,,,, we have to struggle, demand, suffer and fight for it ,,,, 16 year now and will continue ,,,,, even if it costs another war we have its men and ppl are ready to pay more souls ,,,,,

We're patient and we are not that kind of ppl who give up easily ,,,,, we exist now without recognition and we will be existing with or without your support ,,,,,,,,,

So i advice you not to waste your precious time for something you have nothing to do with it ,,,,

Som@li   

Somaliland has many flaws which makes it impossible to achieve recognition,First Somaliland pple are divided on the issue of breaking away, I am from Somaliland too, and would never allow dis-membering Somalia. I see corrupt leaders in Somaliland misleading their pple for their interest.

Somaliland politicians mislead their pple, by always bring up the negative stories that happen in Somalia. And then here is TFG, I always wondered why secessionist oppossed to any stability in the South, seek reconcilation with Somalis, and bring your complaints forward, instead of looking for something futile.Dont be afraid,the answer is in Somalia.

Corrupt leaders are everywhere and it is a separate issue we can discuss later but not related to the recognition.

If you are from Somaliland and oppose to the somaliland's sovernginity then it is ok ,, it is your idea just like Buubaa and Jaamac yare ,,,,, meeshaada uun baad la fadhiyi like them ,,, :D

Somaliweyn dream has come to the end and it is time we realize the fact that somaliland is independent and will be independent forever ,,,,,, just realize it is gone for good .......

And if the situation in the south remains the same, then expect Puntland to do the same :D:D

Som@li   

If you cant convince me and others the idea of soveriegn Somaliland, xagee la aadi,lol.

Soomaaliya Ha noolaato, Soomaaliya Ha is raacdo,

Aamin ila dheh! :D:D:D

Edit..

Jamac yare and Buuba are true nationalist, and see the right thing for SOmalia. I must say they have alot of support in Somalia/land. icon_razz.gif

btw, why pple in Hargaisa were not allowed to see on tv the elections of the TFG, back in 2004? :confused:

NASSIR   

Oodweyne you sidetracked many of the points raised in this thread. I have few basic questions to ask you for us to further stretch this thread to a mutual understanding and benefit.

1. Does the state etymology "Somaliland" have any meaning or carry any political, cultural, or historical significance?

2. Did the union or preparation for the union of the two colonies that is Italian and British Somaliland precede the independence? (the protectorate never had any flag)

3. And how would the authorities in Hargeisa intend to ignore the binding of the Act of Union in the future?