Sign in to follow this  
Baashi

A word to the wise

Baashi   

Yaa Oodweyne, my cyber-ku-dirrir buddy you are missing the point by sedex maalin guur :D

Look! the interest of Somalis in general and the factions in both camps in particular is to end the Somali conflict as soon as possible. Now Islamists are force to reckon with, we really do have a shot to end the conflict today. One lesson we learned from our tragic experience in Somali civil war is that it is non-winnable contest! There will always be foreign powers that will tilt the balance of power to one faction or another.

In each and every event that preceded the major and decisive flare-ups in the South, one faction or another seemed to have won the contest. Yet no one faction could pull it off. Hence we are still playing this game in never-ending over time. With Mogadishu under one entity, the opportunity to have a clean break from that trend has finally arrived.

There are those who wish Somalia as a country and the south as a region to get bogged down in perpetual civil war. I hope you are not one of these devils. Despite your passionate commitment to secessionists cause, I’m sure deep down in your heart you long the day when Somalis live in peace and harmony. Assuming that is the case why would you play down the possibility of genuine dialogue between the two camps? Why not give a shot? What anyone got to lose?

Sxb the current political machination is not limited to Somalis. The geopolitical interest of the powers that be is part and the parcel of the so-called “Somali Gameâ€. TFG although toothless and in the middle of political upheavals, still it is the favorite faction to these powers. They will pour money and logistical support in its covers. Not because they like the TFG but because they don’t want Islamists to emerge as the entity that rescued Somalia from all its ills and restored law and order. A monumental feat!

In any event, you should understand that intrigue and political calculations is not something limited to secular ways of thinking. There are ways and means of weighing your options. This applies to adherent of Islamic tenets.

The best option for the UIC, in my humble opinion, is to accept the Arab League’s invitation for genuine dialogue with TFG. I encourage them to give the TFG enough incentive that will convince them the need to cease requesting foreign troops. The message should be that their security will be guaranteed and they will be let in to Mogadishu provided that they embrace political Islam without any reservations.

The play behind this option is that if UIC and TFG start talking to each other, the Somalis will own the process and the foreign involvement role in our internal politicking will be severely limited to a bearable level.

I can guarantee you that the outcome of the Khartoum meeting, especially at a time foreigners and international entities throw their support behind the TFG, will be decisive and final. The Ethiopians will lose any opportunity to exploit our differences. IGAD, Arab League, EU, and UN will recognize the new political formation. They have no other choice but to do so. And even better this time around it will work!

If all go right, and it is big if, Somalia will reemerge from the long and disastrous civil war with Islamist in an extremely influential position. An opportunity worth exploiting!

The alternative is to prolong the conflict with no clear plan in sight. The only thing we know is that the TFG will get help according to its foreigner packers.

Nabad doon :D

Xoogsade   

Originally posted by Nur:

Miskin

waxaad qortay

We can see dowlada kumeergaarka in uu dhexdeeda qilaaf weyn ka jiro, but kuwaan ayaa ka daran waxa ka jiro la qariyo. So give them a few months. Adigaa arki doontid sida loo kala jabi doono, waxa kasoo bixi doono.

As A Muslim who is concerned about the well being of his people, Wouldnt it be better instead for you to wish them to bridge their differences which you claim to be much greater than the TFG? Nur

You are adressing the wrong man here. He wouldn't mind if whole clans disappeared from the face of the earth let alone him wishing any good happen to them.

Rahima.

Differences of opinion always do exist among people whoever they are, however, the way the sheekh was portrayed is far beyond that. The way I understood it, miskiin gave the impression that Sheekh cukaashe was bent on vilifying others as power hungry beasts who are at each other's throat. Now, does a man of god speak of others like that? surely not. Someone is lying about him.

If the sheekh is that close to you, you should inform him how someone is using their good standing for bigotted gains. I would have done so if I had his number today.

Liqaye   

A word to the wise

Now that Khartoum meeting is approaching, all the concerned parties need to attend. Even though Col. Aways has some reservation about the utility of such discussion, still we can expect some changes in the UIC camp before this meeting commences. As the popular cliché had it, you only make peace with your enemy not with your friends. Whatever happen "Hudeybia approach"?

Col. Aways is totally wrong in refusing to take part of the Khartoum meeting. There is no excuse for his refusal to let Sheikh Sherif send the highly regarded delegates to Khartoum. The UIC is in a position of strength today. The TFG is cornered. The top leadership is in state of confusion and is now willing to put all their cards on the table! Why not exploit the situation the TFG is in today by giving them an opportunity to save face? The only alternative for them to stay in the game is to ask Ethiopian backup!! Why not give them a way out all the while you play your game according to Islamic principles. This is an age-honored practice. Well-intentioned Arab League has succeeded to drag the TFG to the peace table and it did this with the understanding that it already has UIC delegates on board! Why not honor their effort?

What if UIC objectives can be attained through peaceful means? What if the TFG is willing to scrap all the cabinet ministers and replace with UIC members? What if half of the parliamentarian representatives volunteer giving up their seats for Islamist to fill in? Why not explore all these far-fetched possibilities (rumors at this stage) and see where the old man really stand and what he demands in return for the TFG concessions? They may have the opportunity to modify the Mpagathi constitution and make it a one that is compatible to Islam!

You see there are deeply held suspicions and animosity as well between these two camps. These misunderstandings can be cleared clean with one swipe by talking in Khartoum instead of through radio wavelengths. The TFG needs Ethiopia and it is they that called Ethiopia to rescue their behind. They did this as a survival tactic thinking that UIC militias were their way to take Baidowa. They had good reason to think that way. After all UIC militia were sweeping towns in the neighboring provinces. By talking you will induce clarity to the murky political machinations.

If political questions of what UICs’ and TFG’s demands are and what are they willing to concede in return is answered, then the TFG can have real opportunity to weigh in the alternatives for not bringing foreign troops. All these subtle understanding can be had by just talking. Why not start talking to each other?

The UIC needs to sit down with the TFG for the sake of peace and stability for the region. That does not mean they should compromise their principle political position. Far from it, they must stand tall and remain true to their Islamic principles but they should give the old man an opportunity to reject Islamic approach to the Somalia's problem. Refusing to do so is a fatal blow to UIC credibility.

Waayo-Arag

Waan ku fahmay

Let as look at it from the sense of real politik, what does the U.I.C have to gain from parlaying with the goverment, the past few weeks has been the impetus that has finally lifted the veil from the goverment formed in embagathi, it is leaderless and it's followers are holding it away from themselves like dirt, it has failed to rally the international community behind it [indeed its full embrace of ethiopia has deystroyed any credibility that it might have had in some western capitals, as any strategist would have seen the faux pas evident after even a cursory glance at the twisted history of the horn], talking with the goverment only gives it a level of legitamcy that it has not managed to gain in the time it had to do so, indeed by ignoring the goverment in action as well as words the U.I.C is ensuring that the "real" agenda of the ethiopian attempt to rule somalia by proxy is fully shown, this dynamic ultimatley is more profitable to the U.I.C much more indeed than wasting months in pretending to be in discussions with an authority that evidently does not exist beyond the walls of the presidential palace and the converted grainary in baidoa, and that provides a fig leaf to the ethiopian invasion of somalia.

The acceptance by the goverment of the former warlords ultimatley futher undermines the logic of the experiment, the raison d'etre of the U.I.C is the defeat of the warlords to negotiate with a goverment that wholeheartedly accepts these men while ignoring the pleas of the non-armed representatives for dialouge blocks any attempt to negotiate with out the losing of face on the part of the U.I.C.

Also you make the assumption that the U.I.C would remotly care about somalinimo, although admitedly many members of the movement are there by default and would be thinking along your own lines, a large group that seems to be winning the internal war in the organization, would love to draw ethiopia in to a vietnam in somalia, thereby ensuring there inclusions into

the jihadist annals, these men are motivated beyond the desire to run the suburbs of mogadishu.

There are many things that the U.I.C could have done much earlier than this that would have allowed them to manouvere the goverment into a grave wth its corpse crying out good riddance in support, it would have taken a view of the long term that unfortunatley I fail to see in typical somali thinking.

But ultimately for the U.I.C the aim is clear cut pushing the goverment in to irrelevancy rather than breathing new life into it.

That the ultimate losers in this plan is the somali people is unfortunate but ultimatley a position that they are well acustomed to.

Xoogsade...I don't think MMA wants the people to remain in this choas and I don't see how he benefits from their misfortunes and miseries. But most sane Somalis do wonder what Wadaado have in store for rest of Somalia. Qabiilism is ingrained in our Somali mindset whether you are wadaad or not. N As Somali from Baydhabo where the Aided's militia starved 250,000 of their fellow countrymen to death , of course MMA would question the intentions of the new boys in Xamar.The courts are already talking extending their rule to mudug and the Jubba.

Iam happy they delivered Xamar from the warlords, but I hope they engage rest of Somalia peacefully.

Juje   

Originally posted by Rahima:

it’s possible that the ICU shaykhs/members may have points which they disagree on (it is natural, even the saxaba did not agree on everything),

Now they are compared to the saxaba is it? What next I wonder.

Having considered opinions from both sides concerning the utility of further talks as well as the rapidly evolving situation on the ground, I came to the conclusion that we can have the best of both worlds, namely Shariah implementation combined with the marginalization of the Tigres hired pseudo-government.

As a matter of fact, warlords-maffia's moral is at its lowest with self-respecting patriots simply deserting on a daily basis after realizing their short-sightedness.

Meanwhile, the courts gradually repair vital infrastructures in the capital while an encouraged diaspora is seriously thinking about returning and investing in their homeland.

For the anecdote, when asked about the cost of the airport's reconstruction, the courts simply asked the arab league to estimate for themselves.

This definitely proves that the widespread corruption which destructed the country by alienating the clans is clearly a sign of the past, hence allowing Somali's energy to bear fruit.

As for those still determined to figure in our annals as the quintessentials traitors, we can definitely afford to let them entertain their Ethiopian guest by co-administratin Baido's city...

^^Sh. Nurow,

Miskiin Macruuf..... ma ahan nin waligiisba lagu yaqiinay inuu xaqa difaaco, sida ka muuqata raga uu sheegay oo uu yiri waa xog-ogaal, ma ahan rag culimada dalka jooga si toos ah ugu xiran, waa rag mid ka mid ah oo aan aad iskugu dhownahay, sida Cukaashe, la ogyahay taariikhdooda, inkastoo aanan wax xun ka sheegeynin, hadana Brother Miskiin daliilkiisa ay ku taal in warka uu sheegaayo uusan aheyn mid runta u dhow, oo kaliyah ay tahay wuxuu la jeclaa in Maxkamaduhu ku sifoobaan.

Waxaa aniga iga talo ah inaan dan iyo heelo loo galin shaqsiyaadka qurbaha nala jooga oo jecel in diinta Islaamka ay burburto, cadowga Islaamkana iyo Munaafaqiintuna xoogeystaan.

Ilaahey diinkiisa wuu la jiraa, cadowga Islaamkana waa jabayaan sida naloo balan qaaday. Brother Miskiin wuxuu ku caan baxay inuu beel iyo laf gaar ah marwalba carabka ku haayo oo wax ka sheego, iyadoon ognahay in SOL la yiri yaan qabiil iyo qabyaalad wax looga sheegin doodaheeda.

Bal aan aragno wixii soo baxa iyo jihaadka lagu qaadi doono Gaala Madowda dariska nala ah.

Nur   

Alah-u-baahne and Xoogsade

Mahad Allah mudan, is ma laheyn maanta iney jiraan dad somali ah oo la jecel ummadda iney dagaal sokeeye iyo dhiig dhexdooda daadiyaan. Haseyeeshee waxaan Allah uga baryayaa Miskiin inuu arrimaha ummadda iyo xanuunkeeda uu ka istaago meel uu wax ka daaeyn karo, laakin uusan istaagin meel u jab iyo baabaa la damacsan yahay, maxaa yeelay dhika ummadda waa mid uusan isaga xataa ka nabad gali doonin.

Nur

Salaan...

Nuur, adigoo waxba hubsan inaad dacaayad dalac bilaash ah aad iska raacdid ama rumeysatid, oo aadan xaqiiqsan waa ayaandaro iyo nuskeeda.

Haa, maxee ahayd dacaayada? Qabiil dhan gebigiis iyo wixii ka dhashay ayaan necbahay ayee yiraahdeen? [ :D inaan qoslo waaba ku qasbanahay.]

Yaa waaye qoladaas? Koleey aniga ma kasaaye, laakiin waxaa u qaadana qoloda ee kasoo jeedaan the occupier Indhamadoowe iyo wixii raacsan.

Horta hala is weydiiyee yaa inta ku difaaci jiray dowladii uu hogaamin jiray C/qaasin Salaad Xasan? Taloow markaas qabiil jecleysi mee iga ahayd hadee dhaheen toogtaan qabiil naceyb ayaa igu jiro?

Yaa difaacay Yuusuf Garaad markii sidii jawaan camal dhulka loogu tirtiraaye meeshaan? Si fiican u weydii dadkaas accusationka aan jirin la imaaday.

Indhamadoowe maalintaa SOL soo galay ilaa hadaa dacaayadeynaaye, oo dhulkaas uu xooga ku heysto, uu maandarooyinka ku beero, oo dhirtii baabiye, oo deeggaankii nabaguuraan ka dhigay, oo uu masaakiinta ku shaqeyso sidii addoomo camal, oo canshuur xaddhaaf ah ka qaado isla masaakiintaas deeggaan u dhashay, in asaga iyo ilmo adeeradiis deeggaan ayba hab iyo isirba u dhalan ku amar taagleyaan.

Maanta ma Indhamadoowe iyo waxii lamid ah, wixii fake wadaad la ah, oo gobollada dhexe ku dhashay ayaa Xamar aan aniga ku dhashay, kuna barbaaray iga xigo? Yaab iyo nishkeeda.

Hadii la dhaho ninkaas ma dacaayadeyn kartid, oo ‘sheekhooda’ ee ka dambeyaan. Iyagee jirtaa waxee sheekh ugu wacaan iyo waxee shariif iyo xaaji ugu wacaan, laakiin sheekh ka dheer, tuugnimo iyo maafiyonimana dhaafay.

Aan is weydiinee, waligaa ma aragtay iyagoo ninkaan xaqdarada ah ku socdo oo dacaayadeynaayo? Aawey Islaanimada ee sheegtaan? Intaa inta joogo waligeey ma arkin, oo markii laga hadlo hadee ugu badnaado ka aamusaan mise ‘lacala haduu yahay’ dhahaan. Dadkaas ayaa rabo maanta inay xaq iyo run waxee yihiin inoo kala sheego. Waa Eebbe mahadiis asagaa inoogu hibeeyee wax kala garashada.

Teeda kale ninka diinta ku ganbanaayo, oo dacaayada micnodarada kasii waday meeshaan aniga iyo asaga iskuma cusbin. Waa nin shaleey [sanadooyin kahor] soo qaatay magac "Caydiid" oo dadkii qabyaalada ku wareeriye, markii la ban gareeyena hadana magac "Sacad" lasoo baxay, oo asagoo isla magacaas wato qirtay in uu dagaaladii qabyaaladaha ahaa ka qeyb qaatay oo qabiilkiis difaacaaye, run iyo beentiisaba waxee ahatee.

In la is ceebeeyo ma fiicno, laakiin beenta aan loo aabo yeelin maalin caddeey ayaan la yaabay oo igu kalifay waxaan inaa soo shaac bixiyo, oo ninkaas ayaa maanta eed aan waxba la iskugu reebin soo deynaayo.

Carabaha maxee dhahaan markaan camal?

Mish macquul mee ahayd? Hmm...

Marka waxaa dhaho ayaaba iska yar. Laakiin ma ogeyn in Indhamadoowe mise wax lamid ah inay joogaan SOL. They can fool dadka aan ka war qabin, certainly not us, especially not me.

Eniwey this is a holiday meeshaan, let me enjoy isbarmuutadeyda oo quuq badan iyo shaqsi ka hadal -- and not the issues -- wax ma tartee. Nabad iyo wan gaalo dhamaan.

Paragon   
Maan-gaabka talladii, waa maqane jooge Alley lehe. Nimuu cudur qabiili ah lafta iyo ludda saaqey wallaan daawo kale loo hayn.

Jacpher   

Nimuu cudur qabiili ah lafta iyo ludda saaqey wallaan daawo kale loo hayn.

That sums up almost all of Somali politicians and nearly two third of the countrymen.

Rahima   

Now they are compared to the saxaba is it? What next I wonder.

You have a deficiency in understanding. Disagree if you so wish, but grow up and stop trying to clutch at useless points.