Sign in to follow this  
Naasir

Want to Marry 2 Wives

Fanisha   

Originally posted by Rahima:

[qb] ^ That is why women should always have a backup plan. Always have your own account of savings I say, save your meher I say (be sure to get it first) and be sure to get a suitable education which you can fall back on in the event that you do not want to be in such a marriage.

I think for us in the west it is wrong to be married to a man because you feel that you cannot support yourself otherwise.

I feel and understand the plight of such sisters in co Somalia for they really are between a rock and a hard place. But for those of us in the west and who have the opportunity to gain an education, I don’t need financial security from a man, therefore inshallah I will not stay for food and shelter.

Sorry, double posted

Originally posted by Shams-ud-Din:

...either way, your spelling is wrong or your spelling and grammar both are wrong...

Well that should come as no surprise. Ma fahmin Somali.

...Please reconsider your stances on the use of unnecessary pictures...

Well, the problem is that my imaan keeps increasing and decreasing. When it decreases, I get shubahaat about digital images of faces. When it increases, I become afraid.

What I supposed to do?

And about the Shaafici thing.. I sense you want to explain in detail WHY it is not that simple, so do tell, by all means, ka waren ;)

S.O.S   

Well, the problem is that my imaan keeps increasing and decreasing. When it decreases, I get shubahaat about digital images of faces. When it increases, I become afraid.

Brother Muhammad Amriki, you are not the only one here, I too struggle with these issues! But as long as we are aware of the correct Islamic position, then there is always hope.

On Imaam Shaafici, his jurisprudence (fiqh) and general school of thought have different societal projections, depending on whether the traditionally preconceived alliance with the great scholar has an in depht meaning, either in understanding, practice or both. From what I know about the trditional Somali society, there are numerous implications of a) what is practiced, b) what is proclaimed by word of mouth and c) the Shaafici school of thought. And as such, we cannot simply state that there is an uniformed Somali ideology which is related to the jurisprudic teachings of Imaam Shaafici. Therefore it is much more complicated picture which overlaps many different aspects of life, and to explain it correctly, one needs to present a detailed studies of the size of a book. However, I may try to write something about that topic on this forum insha'Allah.

Sister Rahima, I never intended to cause any offence, I was only speaking in the hypothetical sense, and in case I offended you, I hereby offer my unreserved apologies!

WCWW

My God! We Muslims have a serious problem when one woman namely Rahima can not voice her responsible CHOICE without her being questioned in every which way. Despite her continued level-headed responses to your probes and accusations and BTW she does not need to convince you or me of her life choices, there continues to be a strong objection and several big bad Somali buts. It is shameful.

The one man who has confessed his choice of two while declaring his inability to take full control of the financial side of the future marriages has been encouraged or wished the best. Whilst Rahima who has no taste for being part of a polygamous relationship and has taken pains to make that clear contractually is painted pictures of Romeo or has her faith questioned. She has her head screwed on very well and there are attempts to turn her into Juliet or a misguided soul.

Oh, ye lovers of the faith, hypocrisy has no part in it. Why does a woman's choice have u up in arms?

Somalina   

I'm wondering if a Somali man can afford two wives?? NOT...

ya know how expensive its to keep one wive...plus ya aint got the balls to handle two women unless they're both brainwashed by cult leaders.

If my husband wanna be in bed with other women, he is free to roam around, after i divorce his skinny behind..i dont need STD's or HIV/AIDS....yA KNOW..

polygamy is polygamy....somali men get off ya high horses and stick with one woman. FIrst Learn how to make one woman happy, ya can't even fullfil one woman let alone two. Respect yaselves and treat your woman, the mother of your children with respect...SEX is not everything ya know...companionship and friendships last longer than sex....make your woman ya best friend...ya will enjoy yaself, even in bed...suckas..

zozo

It's been a while since i read this thread and it's too long to read it all now.Bottom line then people has this guy married the two wives or are you all just arguing for the sake of arguing as per your usual somali character?