Sign in to follow this  
Emperor

AU agreed to provide troops: Peace keepers for Somalia

Emperor   

The African Union has agreed in principle to provide troops to allow the newly elected Somali government to be installed in the capital, Mogadishu.

Good news aight,

BBC

Reuters

waxaaaaa layiri mar hadii aad isku talin weeydeen waa la idiin talin doonaa.

somalia needs no gun man<<<<<<<<<<<<<<<<<<<<<<<<

WAXAAN XORIYADII QAADANE 1960.

SODON SANO KUDHAWAAD WAXAAN HEEYSANE DHOWLAD LA CAARIFSANYAHAY.

SHAN IYO TOBAN SANO SOOMALIA DADKEEDII WAXEEY U QEEYBSAMEEN WAX DHINTAY, WAX DHAAWACMAY , WAX CURYAAMEY, WAX WAASHAY, WAX LAKUFSADAY, DADKII WAXEEY QAXOOTI KUWADA NOQDEEN ADUUNKA DAAFIHIISA.

INTAAS MAXAA SOO RAACO CADAAWAD LA ISKUQABO SOOMAALIDA DHAX DEED NINMBA NINKA KALE AAMINEEYN.

THERFOR I BELIVE WE NEED POWERFUL ARMY TO CAME TO SOMALIA TO TAKE OUT THE GUNS. I THINK IS ABOUT TIME.????????????????????????????????????????

LETS WAIT AN SEE WHAT HAPPENS

Emperor   

Alisaleebaan,

SHAN IYO TOBAN SANO SOOMALIA DADKEEDII WAXEEY U QEEYBSAMEEN WAX DHINTAY, WAX DHAAWACMAY , WAX CURYAAMEY, WAX WAASHAY, WAX LAKUFSADAY, DADKII WAXEEY QAXOOTI KUWADA NOQDEEN ADUUNKA DAAFIHIISA.

INTAAS MAXAA SOO RAACO CADAAWAD LA ISKUQABO SOOMAALIDA DHAX DEED NINMBA NINKA KALE AAMINEEYN.

I coudn't say it better, Any thing to get us through this is fine for me.

Hanala karbaasho is the right word to employ here, for we deserve it.

Wacan-day!

Xudeedi   

This is good news. Thanks for posting it Qoorsheel.

I hope also we get a reversal of Kenya's persistent demand for relocation. Every thing is going smooth at the moment.

Coloow   

I am concerned this might be the last blow to somalia. Somalia does not need peace keepers. What somalia needs are peacemakers.

The somali psyche is "we could murder and rape each other", but "we stand united against others".

Of course the reaction of the people might depend on the composition of the peacekeeping forces:

We are allergic to Ethiopians and madax korankor ( I am going to join the fight to liberate somalia if these two nations set a foot in somalia).

An alternative is to request Djibouti, Eriteria , Sudan and possibly Yemeni to provide soldiers.

Emperor   

First African Union troops expected in Somalia before end of January

By ChinaPost.com Posted to the web 06-01-2005, 14:10:52

2005/1/6

ADDIS ABABA, Ethiopia (AP)

The first African Union peacekeepers are expected to arrive in Somalia before the end of January to help ensure the safe arrival of a new government currently based in neighboring Kenya, officials said Thursday.

The first African Union peacekeepers to reach Somalia will be a contingent of 2,000 soldiers that Uganda has agreed to supply to the force, African Union spokesman Assane Ba said.

The Horn of Africa nation has had no central government since 1991 and has been divided into clan-based fiefdoms.

The AU's Peace and Security Council, representing Africa's 53 countries, voted on Wednesday to supply the troops to help in the latest effort to restore a central government to Somalia's capital, Mogadishu.

"The transitional government wants to move into Mogadishu by the end of January," Ba said. "If they keep their schedule, tentatively they say by Jan. 21 they want to go to Mogadishu."

The government, elected last year in Kenya following two years of peace talks, is currently based in the Kenyan capital, Nairobi, because Somalia is considered too dangerous.

"When they go in we will have the mission, or the first part of the mission, to protect them," Ba said. "Uganda says they can deploy as soon as possible to protect the government."

Somalia's new president, Abdullahi Yusuf, asked the AU in October for 20,000 peacekeepers to help secure the country. The AU has not yet determined the total number of troops needed or the exact cost of the peacekeeping mission to Somalia, although the AU hopes it will only last a year.

The peacekeepers would also help in the disarmament of 55,000 militiamen who are roaming the country and armed with more than 2 million small arms.

Yusuf also wants the force to help train a 30,000-strong Somali army. He said he wants the army in place within a year as he begins reconstruction and reconciliation.

Source: China Post and ChinaPost.com

Let the fireworks begin! I'll have two Ugandan soldiers' heads and their tanks with that. Thank you!

Originally posted by Saxardiid:

quote:Originally posted by wind.talker:

What can a bunch of Ugandan child soldiers do?

Nothing except join their likes in Mogadishu.
:D
LOL Their 'likes' aren't only in Mogadishu homie. They're everywhere in Somalia. Take a good look around..

Originally posted by wind.talker:

[QB] Let the fireworks begin! I'll have two Ugandan soldiers' heads and their tanks with that. Thank you!

:D

Their 'likes' aren't only in Mogadishu homie. They're everywhere in Somalia. Take a good look around..

We talking about battle hardened boys and nowhere else is more suited to use as example than Mogadishu. You can't apply 4.5 formula everytime, sometimes expert knowledge must be applied right. :D