Sign in to follow this  
La Fidele

The Trouble with Islam

Qac Qaac   

Bombina i think, Heblaayo said everything u needed to know. especially when she said, how can we submit to allah fully... and then prove our womenhood from kufar ideologies.

u seem to be little bit hot tempered so ama just let u go. but be careful of what u go into ok.

this women irshad manji, i know she left islam b4 the whole thing. and came back to islam as a gay after september 11. so yeah i know her more than u do, coz u said, u don't know anything.

The National Post, even made fun of her denoucing Islam, and then coming back to it. as a gay muslim, they said everybody in the world knows Islam and muslims will never accept gays.

National Post.. is not usually a good friend to us. but on this issue they were with us.

p.s. Bombina i hope u see with the eyes in your heart, the real trueth. don't let ur emotions and hatred of what muslim ppl do in their countries, lead of jeopardizing your believes. bye

Macalin   

FORGET THE DYKE!

AM SUPRISED BY THE NUMBER OF MUSLIMS SUPPORTING HER!..SUBXAANALAH!! and others giving her benefit of the DOUBT!

pearl   

Originally posted by Lakkad:

FORGET THE DYKE!

AM SUPRISED BY THE NUMBER OF MUSLIMS SUPPORTING HER!..SUBXAANALAH!! and others giving her benefit of the DOUBT!

i second that....

since when are homo's considered muslim?....is there a new testament of the quran i dont know about?

islam clearly labels homo's as kuffars....so who are we to support them just cuz she has some good views....point of the matter is she is GAY....

before u support a person...u got to know their beliefs, values, roots,.etc...to make sure they are in agreeance with islam....

i saw her on t.v..with bunch of other muslims debating....she looked soo evil..subhanallah....she looked like an outsider when compared to the rest...am sure she felt that way as well...

Blessed   

^^ It ain't even about her homosexuality- the fact that she is calling us to disobey Allah and pass individual judgement on His laws - should tell us that she isn't calling us to Islam but away from it...!!

Baashe, LST and Darman

Brothers Thank you for words of kindness smile.gif

and may allah guide us to his path..

Ameen!

Heblaayo, thank you so much for your post---not only for its informative scope, but also for all the precious minutes it's saved me from posting a response. Jazakallahu khairan.

Bambina and Opinionated, please don't take this as a slight, but rather than being repetitive, I will defer my response to your questions to Heblaayo's post.

But I would like to add something said by the late Edward Said that should drive this issue of non-Arabic editions of the Quran home. In the context of the Orientalist preoccupation with manipulating Quranic translations, Said responded by noting the obvious absurdity and incredibility of someone critiquing Shakespearean works without being a master of the English language---and Elizabethean English no less!

Lastly, Qori I'm disappointed that you see my post as an advertisement. I would rather it be seen as an "awareness post." As a young, Muslim, Somali-Canadian woman I think it's imperative that I am aware of current issues that relate to every single part of my multiple identities. smile.gif And by posting this, inshallah I hope to make others aware as well. Ignorance is bliss, but danger is always looming.

NinBrown   

Salama Calaykum

I think Heblayo and QacQac made most of the points and I agree with Jazzera that this kind of post is rather informative and its important for us to be aware of people and their tools, since knowledge of evil and the actions of deviant sects is important.

I just want to say few points about this femenism situation.

1)In Islam there is absolutely no difference between men and women as far as their relationship to Allah is concerned, as both are promised the same reward for good conduct and the same punishment for evil conduct. The Qur'an says: 'And for women are rights over men similar to those of men over women'(2:226)

2)Before the advent of Islam women were often treated worse than animals. The Prophet wanted to put a stop to all cruelties to women. He preached kindness towards them. He told the Muslims:

"Fear Allah in respect of women." And: "The best of you are they who behave best to their wives." And: "A Muslim must not hate his wife, and if he be displeased with one bad quality in her, let him be pleased with one that is good." And:"The more civil and kind a Muslim is to his wife, the more perfect in faith he is."

3)In Islam a woman is a completely independent personality. She can make any contract or bequest in her own name. She is entitled to inherit in her position as mother, as wife, as sister and as daughter. She has perfect liberty to choose her husband. The pagan society of pre-Islamic Arabia had an irrational prejudice against their female children whom they used to bury alive. The Messenger of Allah (peace be upon him) was totally opposed to this practice. He showed them that supporting their female children would act as a screen for them against the fire of Hell:

So the concept of femenism is a non-starter since the status of the Muslim woman in Islaam is a very noble and lofty one. And femenism came about because women were and are still badly treated by the kuffars.

Thats me...wasslama calaykum

Lesbian eh? Dats good enuf 4 me 2 disregard EVERYTHING she sayz about ISLAM.

My sentiments exactly.

Lakiin i also share your concerns Jazeera i think w ehave to be aware about what teh enemies of Islam have to say about Islam

African   

Bambina

Again, some of you misunderstood me ,but I was 99% sure it was going to happen anyways , if you had really paid attention to my post, you would have noticed that I was supporting some of Irshad's points of view not ALL OF THEM ,besides since I didnt read her book , so how the hell , do I know if she's insulting Islam or not, unless I read what she wrote?I hope this makes sense to some of you.

Sister lets say a paedophile wrote a book about how we should tackle the crimes in our society and specially those against women, domestic violence, rape, sexism etc....How would you respond to this character?

We must understand that Islam is a perfect religion and Islam has no flaws whatsoever. It is Muslims who misrepresent Islam and the non-muslims look at that and judge ISLAM directly. Therefore, there is no trouble with Islam but in fact there is trouble with some Muslims that follow Islam. It is also fair to mention that the treatment of women in some of the Muslim countries are harsh and damaging. However, these customs must not be taken as something Islam has ordained. In some so-called Muslim countries, put there culture and traditions over Islam and the tradition of our Prophet Mohammed (S.A.W). That is where the confusion lies.

It is best to know the background of Irshad Manji for further understanding on where she is coming from. In 1972, Irshad and her family came to Canada as refugees from Idi Amin’s Uganda. Raised in Richmond, just south of Vancouver, she earned scholarships in each of her years at the University of British Columbia and became the first humanities student ever to win the Governor-General’s Medal for top graduate. Irshad Manji is an acclaimed TV personality, author and media entrepreneur based in Toronto. Ms. magazine has named her a “Feminist for the 21st Century” From 1998-2001, she made media history as host and senior producer of Citytv’s QueerTelevision, the first program on commercial airwaves to examine the lives of gay, lesbian and open-minded straight people.

That is all I have to say about this Women who claims to be a Qur'an scholar without not kowing Arabic....it just doesn't make any sence. Also, I'm homosexual and my religion is Islam, that is oxymoron. The book will confuse a lot of the young brothers sisters who are very naive and have a shallow understanding about Islam. My advice to them would be, be closed minded about subjects as heavy as this unless you have the proper knowledge to be open minded.

The enemy of Islam Love this women and will continue to support her and give her of the chart reviews on anything she writes about Islam. Do not be baffled my brothers and sisters, it comes with the territory of being a Muslim. Nevertheless, it is time that we young Muslims learn about the true nature of Islam and leave the cultural influences aside. In that sence we can get a clear understanding of what Islam is all about and be at peace that this religion is the real and true religion for mankind. with no doubt, the light of Islam will always glow and beam in the faces of the enemy even though they despise it.

DraGon   

Irshad Manji is an ***** .....she used to have a gay TV show some years ago with CityTv in Toronto. As Torontonians will know that media is owned by anti islam personality and these are the people behind her success, granted that she is very intelligent and articulate person but nevertheless she shouldn't try to interpret Islam to conform to her world or lifestyle. What I fail to understand is, who is forcing this modern day self hating muslim to be/remain muslim. If is Islam is not your cup of tea GET THE HELL OUT afterall THERE IS NO COMPULSIN IN FAITH.

Bambina

quote:

--------------------------------------------------------------------------------

Again, some of you misunderstood me ,but I was 99% sure it was going to happen anyways , , so how the hell , do I know if she's insulting Islam or not, unless I read what she wrote?I hope this makes sense to some of you.

In all due respect Bambina how can you agree with her on some issues while you claim not to have even read the book. Yes she might be right with some of her claims but she is the last person I will take any advice/opinion on Islam.

Originally posted by Tony_Montana:

quote:Originally posted by Lakkad:

FORGET THE DYKE!

I was shocked !!!

So many "Muslims" supporting this female Dajjal.

And whats up with here support for the jews.

Do you really think the jews love us ???

:mad:

Rahima   

The Messenger of Allah (peace be upon him) said:

"Indeed Allah, the All-Mighty will not take away knowledge by snatching it away from the people but by taking the lives of the knowledgeable people, until when not one scholar remains. The people will then take ignorant people as their leaders, who they will ask to give judgments (in Allah's religion). This they will do without knowledge. This will result in their going astray, and leading others astray."

[bukhari and Muslim].

SADAQA RASUALLAH!

May Allah guide her and save the Muslims from her ways.