Sign in to follow this  
La Fidele

The Trouble with Islam

underdog   

Irshad Manji is a capitalist and in North America in this day and age 2 things sell very well. I the US, anything with an American Flag or American colors and for the rest anything that critizes Islam. For someone like Manji who has identified her life as a rebellion against conformity, she was in the perfect position to cash in on the hype around islam.

Originally posted by Opinionated:

As for the feminist part of the your post Jazeera, why must we always put feminism in such a negative connatation? Are we so againt Women's rights? I am feminist (pro-woman's rights), does that make me a nonmuslim or discredit the work that I do?

Opinionated, I know this might sound bad but when I heard Irshad's alleged points and her argument I thought of you. Sorry. by the way, here's some reading for you. http://www.dadi.org/modratfm.htm

Underdog,

Once again you are seeking me out because? This must be like the 4th post that you targetted me only..hmmm...are you trying to repeat the "mahram" thread or sumthing? :rolleyes:

lol

Somalis, I swear!! :D

Haneefah   

Ughhh, this girl gets on my last nerve walahi. The girl needs to be taught some serious lessons! I honestly could care less about her sexual orientation, but what's worrisome is the message she's trying to spread about Islam with her "Islam needs to be reformed" crap. :rolleyes:

Subhanallah, It's not like we don't already have enough issues to deal with as Muslims in the west (or everywhere for that matter), and the last thing we need right now is such an ignorant person who claims to be a Muslim yet badmouths Islam like this.

I was watching some of her dabates with prof al-masri and Badawi, and I was actually very disgusted with her level of arrogance. Thank God the profs were doing their best to control themselves cuz God knows how the regular Muslim would've reacted in their position.

At the end of the day, I believe it's a test from Allah (swt) for the rest of us, a wake-up call to reflect on our current status as Muslims. We will face challenges like these and even more difficult ones as we have been told in the Qur'an. So bro's and sis's, let's increase our knowledge about Islam and do the best we can to enforce Dacwa. May Allah show us all the right path!

Modesty   

Sujui we shouldn't listen to what our enemies say. If some one talks ill of Islam, tell them to stop if they don't stop walk away and don't listen to what they have to say. Allah will deal with them, we don't have to listen to them at all.

P.S. If it was up to me, she should be killed for spreading lies about Islam, slandering the teachings of Nabi Muhammad(s.a.w)and claiming to be a muslim.