Sign in to follow this  
Cowke

Egypt Laughs At Somaliland Secessionism

^^

There is nothing, 'elitist', about these self-serving traitors. If anything, the only reason these pitiful morons pursue this warped secessionist ideology of theirs, is because they have significantly failed to amount to anything important politically in Somalia proper and have thought themselves marginalized from Mogadishu politics for a very long time.

Therefore, they think by trying to force a couple provinces of Somalia to secede from the Republic, and becoming the majority-- then they will be able to call the political shots up there. However, the funny thing is, this plan of theirs has already miserably backfired on them, even without their sought after secession. As we all know, regardless of their majority in Waqooyi Galbeed, Mr Riyaale has managed to marginalize them politically once again. :D

So what can I say? Utter failure just ALWAYS happens to be their modus operand.

Ibtisam   

Again you are basing you whole idea on I have met many people from Burco/ Hargisa, ya UZTAAD what percentage of the SL population do you think you have met? Insignificant really. I am standing here as none support of Somaliland, but nor do I oppose it enough or have reason big enough to oppose it to pick a side. So my statement stands that regardless of whether WE as Somalis from the SL area support fully or not matters not, because even if we don't- when push comes to shove we won't fight it.

Johnny B   

Originally posted by *Ibtisam:

Egypt and IGAD FULL support and recognition of SOMALIA has not helped Somalis, nor has it stabilized the country or contributed anything significant to the chaos for the last 22yrs. In the same breath, their lack of recognition or even hostility to the idea of SL independency cannot hinder the ideology of SL independency for as long as those who hold the ideology stick to it. The world has had the same responses for the last 20yrs about SL and it remains in balance because its population either firmly believe the independency ideology or they are happy with the status quo.

Let me know when something interesting happens- that goes to both parties: Pro landers please post a thread once someone actually says they are “changing views about the Somaliland case” and anti SL people, please post a thread once Egypt or any other countries says that they are so against the idea of independent SL “that they are going to Bomb and attack the place to destroy the ideology and the power base” till then NOTHING NEW.

This deserves a standaing ovation ! .. clap clap clap.

I think Ibti produces a better and highly cognitive way of taking political-drawbacks for the Secessionist entity of the Somali people.

Dran IGAD, EGYPT and all those UN or regional bodies that constantly lend support to the poor nation of Somalia.

A support that according to her should be directed towards this particular part of Somalia BECAUSE, it remains in balance and its inhabitants either firmly believe the Secessionist ideology or they are happy with the status quo.

Convulsed as they may be,regarding this constant NO from the world community, those somalis that support the Secessionist entity in that part of Somalia are creative in their manner of taking a political blow after the other, if you can't give them that much .. you're but a HATER. :D

UZTAAD   

Ibtisam, I did not base my conclusion the number instead i based of my understand & knowledge of that region, you know Somalis always always fallow what leaders say if the leadership of that region take unionist stand tomorrow the general public will readily accept it.

97.1% of Somalilanders support the recognition of Somaliland as confirmed in the 2001 Somaliland Constitutional Referendum. The referendum affirmed Somaliland's independence from Somalia as a separate state. Ama diida, ama dhilac, Somaliland is an independent, Sovereign and functioning nation and has jurisdiction over its territory.

Many of anti-Somaliland groups do not follow the realist school of thought but are living in a hypothetical discontinuity, where there there is an imagined distortion of the progress of time in their thinking so that, for instance, events from the past seem to be happening in the present.

Abtigiis   

Uztaad is right about the role Egypt's stance played in thwarting balkanization. Allh-ya-cizak!

JB, I understand what you mean by 'me retreating'. No, I am not retreating from my stance on Faroole and puntland. But that doesn't mean I also buy the nonesense of falsifying history when I well know the facts of the SNM truimph. Also, I speak on issues and takes sides based on what I think of the issue at hand.

It is not in me to ensure my arguments here are in conformity with another stance I have elsewhere when the issues discussed are different. I can be beneveolent and hostile to Somaliland at different times. So too with Puntland. That doesn't mean there is inconsistency. It means I deal with issues on a case-by-case basis, not on a blanket side-taking.

Ibtisam,

Sadly, when it comes down to the verdict and judgement of between a 20+ diaspora girl and a 65+ veteran intellectual of Professor Buuba's stature, I tend to agree with the latter without blinking an eye. Have you listened to him last week when he set out how the SNM was founded (he was among those who founded it) and why it is futile to seek secession? Or you are rather content with the delusional "recongnition-on-the corner" talk of JB and Jaaliyadaa Somaliland ee London?

One would have hoped the multiculural environment you live in and your academic exposure would make you a bit wider in scope.

Marx,

You are officially joining the exclusive statistics club of Cowke's 80%. Do you know how that refrendum you talk about was organised? Do you know it wasn't even the decision of the SNM majority to go for UDI? It was a decision of the "Calan-cas" clique of the SNM who forced their agenda's by threatening and bullying. The main leaders of the clan-cas were Muuse Biixi, Maxamed Kaahin, Colonel Dahir and few others.

Ibtisam   

Ibtisam,

Sadly, when it comes down to the verdict and judgement of between a 20+ diaspora girl and a 65+ veteran intellectual of Professor Buuba's stature, I tend to agree with the latter without blinking an eye. Have you listened to him last week when he set out how the SNM was founded (he was among those who founded it) and why it is futile to seek secession? Or you are rather content with the delusional "recongnition-on-the corner" talk of JB and Jaaliyadaa Somaliland ee London?

One would have hoped the multiculural environment you live in and your academic exposure would make you a bit wider in scope.

A&T you write for the sake of reading your own random based on assumptions you based on thin air- what is worse is your do not read what people write and respond to it- you just keep moving like a train on track which has lost its break. I fail to see the connection between my responses to you above and your come back here. I don’t feel the need to defend views you have assigned to me, while you don’t read waaxan ku idii. Keep it moving atheer.

I don't know why you always feel the need to bring in the fact that I grew up in the west or have western education masked as your semi insult. Maybe you are forgetting your own background which I've never brought up. Please try to stick to the topic and leave who I am outside of it.

Uztaad- what makes your knowledge and understanding of that region so in-depth and that you feel you can speak on their behalf while they are still living and making a heap of noise all on their own.

Johnny Boy: what you wrote above is not what I said- it is your own extension to the argument. I said their support of Somalia is not helping Somalia rise- so nor will its lack of support make SL fail. Put your Oookiyaal on before you change my words.

Abtigiis   

Dear Ibtisam,

Why you always come back and refute the re-phrasing of what you actually said or implied, is because you purposefully chose to be ambigious even when your attempt at ambiguity invokes the ageold adage of "ninkii-dhuumanaayee-dhabarku-muuqdoow".

Hence, what you said above about Egypt's role and rather the lack of it, was a subtle defence of the secession agenda which you admittedly presented in a much more sophesticated and articulate way than our resident mujaahid JB does. There was no room for misreading what you meant.

Marx

Which populace? Because you think on clan lines as evidenced by your earlier allusions about which business I should mind, let me ask you: is it the Awadal populace? the Sool and Sanaag populace? the Triangle populace? And what is the use of quoting refrendums which are not recongnised by anyone oustide those who organised it? Is it not the same as a student writing an exam and marking it as well?

Originally posted by Abtigiis & Tolka:

Just because you have narrowed youself to the size of an infant's underwear doesn't mean I should follow suit.
:D:D

Lets see where wearing a nigis that is too big for your parts gets you AT&T!

Ibtisam   

AT&T

See what I mean (I bet you don't because you did not read my last post)- now you are onto my supposed more sophesticated and articulate way for defending SL. :rolleyes: Hal ka ku xidh this sheeko-

Abtigiis   

Originally posted by *Ibtisam:

AT&T

See what I mean (I bet you don't because you did not read my last post)- now you are onto my supposed more sophesticated and articulate way for defending SL. :rolleyes: Hal ka ku xidh this sheeko-

If I may extend your misery dear Ibtisam, what did you said then that I misunderstood?

Originally posted by Abtigiis & Tolka:

Marx

Which populace? Because you think on clan lines as evidenced by your earlier allusions about which business I should mind, let me ask you: is it the Awadal populace? the Sool and Sanaag populace? the Triangle populace? And what is the use of quoting refrendums which are not recongnised by anyone oustide those who organised it? Is it not the same as a student writing an exam and marking it as well?

You have indeed made a pertinent comment regarding who the populace of Somaliland is. Somaliland, unlike the rest of the Somali peninsula is based on self-interest and the joint development of its people, working together to achieve a violable and sustainable future.

It is quite obvious from your wishful thinking who is into clannish dogmas AT&T. It’s somewhat foolish to think in irredentist tendencies in these interest based political times we live in. If you’re talking about the Sool and Sanag, these regions are under the sovereignty and territorial integrity of Somaliland. Look at map. The people of Sool and Sanag have accepted the mandate of the Somaliland government, as affirmed in the 2001 Somaliland Constitutional Act. While some of the people of Sool and Sanag are of different clans to the bastion of Somaliland diverse population, it shows lacking of understanding on your part that Sool and Sanag should be annexed to Somalia on the grounds of their inhabitant’s common clan membership with other reer bari and konforians. I reiterate yet again that Somaliland is based on interest not irredentist clannish dogmas

The people of Sool and Sanag and Awdal and the so-ineptly named triangle of love by certain irredentist SOLers here, all share land, marriage lineage, cultural heritage, tradition, common customs, history, similar dialects, folkloric dances, upbringing, educational system and a colonial system. With the people of reer bari and konforian they share a common clan lineage. It just so happens that these same people are have more in common with the people of Somaliland. For many people, clan is a not a defining feature of their identity. It’s a contributing factor.

Identity is constructed; it’s not biological so please spare the using historical irredentist overtones to justify these regions annexation from Somaliland.

As for the constitutional acts being recognised, I think you need to appreciate a plurality-conscious legal framework. Its seems your a positivist in your legal approaches. The post-modern world we live has rendered this philosophical mindset redundant. Again this clashes with the realist school of thought paradigm. Something on previous admission you seem to have no grasp off.

Cheers AT&T. I am out for today.

Abtigiis   

Dear Oodweyne,

It is with regret that our newly found rapprochment is under threat in so short of a period. And let me assure you I am in no rush to jettison this warm attachment at the very honeymoon stage. There is no attempt on my side to jelly with the pirates, but the fact remains that on some issues you and me may not see eye to eye.

The right manner of conduct will then be to follow the example set by the loving women who cherishes everything about her man but for the thunderous snorting whenever he lies beside her. The correct antidote this wise woman used was not to crowd the stairs of the courts and seek divorce papers, but to put two or three heavy ostrich-feather pillows on either of her ear that is facing the sky. As such, i think there is room to preseve this fledgling parternship, particulary when the points of divergence can be pinned down to not more one or two issues. :D:D

Finally, to answer your questions of my motives, it is not either to replace Baashe or to palacate fish-eating crowds in SOL. It is simply to say what is deemed right by my conscience.