Sign in to follow this  
Jacaylbaro

Direct flights to Somaliland launched

HARGEISA, 1 February 2010 (Somalilandpress) – Travelling to Somaliland is now easier with the launch of direct flights to the city of Hargeisa in the country by East African Safari Air Express.

This follows the signing of a bilateral trade agreement between the airline and the Government of Somaliland last year.

However, no bilateral agreements have been put in place between the Kenyan government and the country

The firm will be operating scheduled flights twice a week, on Tuesday and Saturday’s.

Mr Hussein Ali Duale, minister of Finance of Somaliland, said this is bound to open the country to trade from the East African Community.

The two-hour flight from JKIA cuts down on a tedious 12-hour journey of connecting flights.

Duufaan   

What a good news, none stop from Nariobi to Hargeysa!. Because Buhudle strip is done, they will probably not make any money, than you could go direct from Nariobi to Buhodle.

Abwaan   

It is good news. I only hope these are not some Khat planes. JB managa hubtaa inaadan khat deal meelaha ka soo gelin? :D

juma-nne   

It is good news. I only hope these are not some Khat planes. JB managa hubtaa inaadan khat deal meelaha ka soo gelin?
:D

I hope not. otherwise ummadii ayadoo daba-musbaarkii la liidata haddii Kangeta iyo Gisa loogudaro waa "Kadar oo Dibi dhal" :D

Paragon   

^Lol. Juma nne, ka daa please. :D

It's a good development runtii. So it means I could jet off from Nairobi at Quraac time and eat waslad hilib ah in Hargeysa. Then jet back to Nairobi for casho? Neat.