Sign in to follow this  
Sharif_seylaci

New somaliland pictures

I dont think so Snm we are so proud of them they are gonne get this year a national museam just books and pictures about them

Snm fought for somaliland

why do u claim u from hargeysa ur nog ur from bossaso or something

N.O.R.F   

The port was built by the Somali Republic

The airport was built by the Somali Republic

The roads were built by the Somali Republic

Somaliland gains a few 'assets' on the way ;)

ps Berbera port was recently modernised with a road linking Ethiopia.

Mr Jay, where are the pics maaaaan?

me   

^^A lick of paint and call it a moderanization :D Ungreatful bunch. The North West was one of the regions in Somalia that got heavy investment from the former regime. That can never be denied.

The North West got an unfair share from the national budgets. It had higher investment per capita then any other region except Banadir.

me   

No ungreatfulness resulted in a war. Lets see what 16 years brought you, except a lick of paint, you are still looking at a mirage. So we can argue that the Somali people own Berbera port, Hargeysa Airport and the roads in the North West. It was the Somali peoples tax money that paid for it. How about some compensation?

N.O.R.F   

If you are emplying that the people not of Somaliland were the initial investors, then you may have a case. Come to Burco for collection ;)

ps will you refund me the money i spent on rebuilding my house that was bombed?

youknowmsayin,,,

Qudhac   

INA DAAMI

those infustructures were built by combination of chines russian and English, and the money was from Aid given to somalia by international community in which over 70% of that money was used by aabo siyad to buy weapons and feed the usual xaraan ku naax, and fuel his dogs of war.

although all that didnt help the defeated lot.

me   

Originally posted by Northerner:

If you are emplying that the people not of Somaliland were the initial investors, then you may have a case. Come to Burco for collection
;)

ps will you refund me the money i spent on rebuilding my house that was bombed?

youknowmsayin,,,

Ofcourse there is a case. The Somali people represented by the Somali government has initiated these projects and funded it. The Somali people has teh right to use these facilities without any cost or atleast refunded.

The matter of your bombed house is another case. However if you want to blame the Somali people for that then the people of the North West can be blamed for the actions of high officers hailing from North West regions and their brutal treatment of Somalis in Mudug, Bari, Nugaal in the late 70's and early 80's.

RedSea   

Originally posted by me:

No ungreatfulness resulted in a war. Lets see what 16 years brought you, except a lick of paint, you are still looking at a mirage. So we can argue that the Somali people own Berbera port, Hargeysa Airport and the roads in the North West. It was the Somali peoples tax money that paid for it. How about some compensation?

Who should we be greatful to? to you or to ourselves.The source of investments were merely as Qudhac stated.

I am still failing to understand what Somali people you are speaking of? those in Hargeysa,Berbera,Burco,Borame, etc. or those from other regions.Offcourse, if there was any tax paid to make investments into these areas, there surely came from the pockets of the inhabitants, so no need to thank anyone but ourselves, since we paid it from our own pockets,aside from what was donated by the outside world.

The city of Hargeysa become the second largest city in the former Somali republic, because of its inhabitants,Burco become provisional capital,because its energtic residents made it to be so.

The Berbera port was built by Russians ,the large airport of Berbera was later built by the Americans.Any other money besides that was contributed to them by people which reside in these areas, not others from other areas, therefore they should be thankful to themselves for cleaning their backyard,it's not like they invited others to sweep their qolqol.

you said it's unfair? what is unfair? the investment was once again due to development and the eager to move forward and build up their homeland by the people in these respective cities.

The city of Hargeysa,Burco,Borame today, are prime example of that.It would have been evident through Hargeysa,Burco, Borame if they once stood up in thanks to Somali government,but then all those mentioned cities are far better and more developed then they have ever been,which should tell you that is the people who made the difference not Barre or the current Riyale adminstration.

So, it seems you are runing out of things to say or you are simply just hating for the wrong reasons, it's almost Ciid, so just congradualate,don't hate, and move on buddy without making yourself look like "toddler" in diapers. :D

Whom do these areas belong,the same people that built it before, and are still building it today.

Jaylaani   

North, Red Sea and company,

Most of the pictures I took in Burco, sheikh, Boorama and Hargeisa have people in it. I didn't take any pictures of the buildings or the land escapes in Somaliland.

I’m going back there in December INSHA ALLAH.

me   

Mr. Red Sea,

Thank you for raising the issue of taxpayer’s money. The tax money that was collected from all cities in the country was used to finance these projects. So it’s not the people of Garbahaarey that got an Airport but the people of Hargeysa. It was not the people of Hobyo that got a Seaport but the people of Berbera. So yes it is the SOMALI PEOPLE from all regions of the country that financed these projects. Yes there was foreign aid money, but that foreign aid money was intended for the WHOLE country not just a certain area of the country. The secessionist entity has only 20% of the total population of the Somali republic, keep that in mind.

Secondly the unfairness of the investment allocation to certain areas of the country can be seen by the per capita investment per region that the former regime made. The North West is as populous as Bari region yet it got far bigger share in government investment then Bari.

So when we argue about Siyaad Barre's regime we should take these matters into consideration.