Sign in to follow this  
StarGazer

What are your favourite Islamic books?

Blessed   

I haven't read Islamic books lately.. but these are my favourits.

1. The Holly Quran.

I love the Muhammad Muhsin Khan Translation because it's in mordern day English and contains relevant hadiths and some section on Tawheed, Jihaad etc.

2. The Book of Tawheed by Billal Philips

3. The Muslim Women's Handbook by Huda Khatab.

4. Raheeq Al Makhtum... the biography of the Prophet (saw)

I also love books by Haruun Yahya. You can read his works @

www.islamzine.com/harunyahya

Tamina - U didn't mention your favourits sis!

Ameenah; Here it is!

Books on rotation:

1) Raheeq Al Makhtum: It's a concise biography of the Rasuul (S.A.W.) I can't get enough of reading it.

2) Return of the Pharoah by Zainab Al-Ghazalli : I recommend every1 should read it. The author of this book was falsely accused of conspiring to kill Jamal 'Abd al-Nasir the President of Egypt in 1965, she was arrested n' imprisoned for many years. She was subjected to the most inhumane tortures. The reader will also get a clear understanding of the objectives of the al-Ikhwaan al-Muslimun, the history of the group and its founder.

3) Evolution Deceit by Harun Yahya: For all the science majors, this is a must read. This book is a rebuttal to the materialistic world view and all that rubbish of Darwinism ideology.

Reason am asking is that I want to expand my collection so if there's a book out there that's exceptional, bring it on.

Haashim   

RIYAADUL SAALIXIIN the second book after the QURAAN in my opinion, because it gives u allmost what u need from our beautifull religion. Its chapters begin from NIYAH and ended to JANNAH passing through many chapters which concerns all your daily live affairs, giving u the proof from QURAAN and HADIITH, which mean if u correct your niyah and do the good deeds u will end up to JANNAH INSHAAA'ALLAH.

I ask ALLAH to reward the author of this book IMAM NAWAWI AND HIS PARENTS AND HIS TEACHERS[/b for this noble work.

modern books i recommend to every muslim to read THE TIME IN THE MUSLIMS LIFE -AL WAQTU FII XAYAATIL MUSLIM- for shiikh YUSUF AL-QARADAWI which contains very usefull proofs from KITAAB and SUNNAH and salfusalih sayings about the TIME and how a muslim person can benefit from his time.

LACNADI HA KU DHACDO DAALIMIINTA, LAAKIIN KUWA KA AAMUSAN MAXAAN NIRAAHNAA

Muslimah   

Bismillaah Ar-Rahman Ar-Rahiim

Fave book: Fortification of the Muslim, in arabi it's "husnal muslim" or something like that. It's a du'a book. I really really really like it. Mashaa Allaah.

Iffah   

Salaams,

Tamina, this was a good idea sis. I see many interesting books that I want look into insha allah. Especially # 3 & 4 from Ameenah's list.

Evolution Deceit by Harun Yahya:

I remember a friend of mine reading this book. It seemed interesting too... but I just never got around to getting hold of it. I think I will get a copy now...and since school is starting, I will make it my on-the-train book.

Muslimah,

I've got that one & I love it too.

These are my current favourites..

1. Rules pertaining to the Muslim Women by Saleh Al-Fauzan

2. Sahih Al-Bukhari (summarized) by Dr. Muhammad Muhsin Khan.

It's a collection of Ahadith, covering all the aspects of life.

Salaamu Alaikum ya ikhwa,

Nice post :D The most important book is the Quran and hadeeth works such as Sahih Al Bukhari wa Al Muslim and Riyaadhu Saalihiin.

1. Ara7eequl Al-Makhtuum, Biography of Prophet Muhammad (SAW).

2. Kitaab Al Tawheed by Muhammad Ibn Abdul- Wahab.

3. Stories of the Prophets, Ibn Kathir, English version, published by Darasalam

Fantastic book which gives one concrete Islamic history of the Prophets from Adam (AS) to Isa Ibn Maryam (AS).

4. Usool Al-Thaalata : Three Fundamental Principles by Sheikh Salih Uthaimeen (Rahimuhullah). One of the best Sheikh's of all time smile.gif died 2 years ago.

Studying it right now with a yemeni student of Sheikh Muqbil smile.gif

5. Fortification of the Muslim through remembrance and supplication from the Qura'an and the Sunnah by Sa'eed Ibn Ali ibn Wahf Al-Qahtaani ISBN 9960-31-571-1.

As sister Muslimah said the dua book is very important tells you what kind of dua to say for various situations what to say in rukuu3 etc.

Mujahid over and out !

Macalin   

I love ahmed Deedats books..most of them are wonderful.

i read many just don have the names...Tamina..will read some of ur list.

thanx

Rahima   

Tamina, salaams sister smile.gif

After the essentials of Islam (as i prefer to refer to them as)- Quran, Bukhari, Muslim, Husnul-Muslim, Raxeeq al-Makhtum (Seerah), Arbaciin (40 Hadiths), The Ideal Muslimah & Kitaab-ut-tawheed (Muhammed ibn Abdulwahab)- my favourite book is:

Rijaal Xawl ar-rasuul (Men Around The Messenger) by Khalid Muhammad Khalid.

Mashallah i have never bought a better book, it is so inspiring and it actually makes you feel like you are there right in the midst of life with the Sahaba. I read it till today (after a few months of it being absent- all my friends just love it). For anyone that can actually get a copy of it, i urge you to get your hands on one. You won't regret it smile.gif

nuune   

here are my favorite islamic books:

al-targhiib wa-tarhiib

saxiix bukhaari

sunan abuu daa'uud

sunan ibnu maajah

albayhaqi

sunan nisaa'i

i really love the ahaadiith books as i studied them all in early age.

Khayr   

Salaamz,

found this thread to be interesting.

Some readings:

I have been reading some parts here and there of the Tafsir by Ibn Kathir.

I am not aware of other classic works of tafsir translated into English.

I once read a tafsir of the Fatiha by Imam Khomeni, it was 40pages long.

Biography of Imam Shamil (Imam of Chechnian muslims)

I really enjoy reading books about Islamic personalities (recent and classical!)

Too bad my arabic is very weak b/c I would love to read many of the great works of the Ulama such as Ibn Hajar Al-Asqlani's explanation of Sahih Bukhari.

Fi Amanallah

La-y-La   

I read this book sometime ago and it was about nabiga scw and the name of the book, am not sure, but something like "when the moon split" somthing like it. it was pretty nice, very informative.

peace.

Muhammad   

Asalaamu Alaykum wr wb

I wish you are all in good health and imaan.

After the Qur'an, Sahiih Bukhari and Muslim:

My favorite book would have to be:

Al Bidayah wa-nihayah(The begining and the End) written by Imam Ibn Kathir.

MD   

Nice Topic

Hey Najmah_03 your right it's called "When the moon light split", Masha'allah what a book :cool: A Must Read Wallahi since I started reading that book. Ya3ny wallah it makes your heart greive the way the Muslims were tortured but clung to Islam. Subhana Allah..you could never put down that book.

It's an excellent easy to read book that covers the whole life of the Prophet in an novel type fashion. If you are looking for detail try Ar-Raheeq Al-Makhtum.

There's this other book the authour is "Moahamed Qutub" title of the book is "The misunderstanding of Islam" (i'm not sure but that's what i think) would recommand everyone to read well written, simply superb smile.gif