Sign in to follow this  
-Serenity-

Saudi Arabia bans the import of toy bears and dolls.

Saudis ban imports of female dolls and toy bears

Saudi Arabia has banned the importation of female dolls and teddy bears, giving merchants three months to dispose of such stock, said a state-controlled newspaper yesterday.

How ludicrous! What will they ban NEXT - baby food?

Link

I guess the Saudi officials just noticed how hot and tempting the female dolls are.......

and maybe after seeing BROTHER BEAR they are thinking that those stuffed animals are not what they seem to be. way to go KSA!!!

if it was up to me i would ban everything that resembled a living creature. and i would shut down forums like this so people like u wouldnt have have no vanue to redicule this din.

LOL^ Saudi arabia bans everything from kids entertainment, they even banned Pokemon but happily they hand over the powerful sheikhs in the country to the US. what message are they trying to get across? that barbies are non-islamic? what is islamic about handing over the sheikhs to ur enemy?

The Saudi government is WAY out of line!

Khayr   

Salaamz,

Ok so the Saudi's do some terrible things

and often concentrate on the 'hudud/punishments' side of the Shariah.

Banning these female dolls and toy bears

might sound 'a bit harsh' to us but inshallah

if the intention is to perserve souls and

the islamic culture there, then is it WRONG?

Also, if they are not a great government and participate in harm activities, does that negate/stop them from banning what might be deemed as 'harmful' to their society?

Its like saying, they sin, so why should they ban things. They might as well open the gateways

WIDE OPEN and accept EVERYTHING. :rolleyes:

Fi Amanallah

Saudi arabia bans everything from kids entertainment, they even banned Pokemon but happily they hand over the powerful sheikhs in the country to the US. what message are they trying to get across? that barbies are non-islamic? what is islamic about handing over the sheikhs to ur enemy?

The Saudi government is WAY out of line!

Exactly my thoughts! There's just no end to their hypocrisy. They'll ban teddy bears but allow riba based banks in Mekkah and Madina to exist. Ya Allah!

Bambina   

Salam guyz,years ago I wouldn't have cared about such an issue but now that Im trying to improve my islamic knowledge,I find the ban of dolls and teddy bears quite right.

So many things are haram in our religion that we're not even aware of.We find little boys and girls playing with dolls and teddy bears very cute but this should be scary on the contrary.

Just imagine that yours brothers and sisters play with some "LIFELESS" creatures,calling them friends and sleeping the night without them ,isn't that weird?I let you guyz think about that but don't forget someday we will have children and educating them in a religious way will be important.

bambina....sis todlers who play with the toys at this time don't know anything about religion.

U can't say they r muslims or christians. but by the time they reach 10 and so they start 2 understand better and by this time they no longer play with the "LIFELESS" toys, they grow out of it.

Bambina   

Salam to my nomads , caramel_kisses I understood your point and you're quite right.But knowing that dolls are haraam , as a muslim Im not supposed to offer one to a toddler even if he or she doesnt understand what they are,it is not an excuse to accept that.