Sign in to follow this  
Laba-X

Somali Hall of Fame/Hall of Shame...

Laba-X   

As of late, many people have humbly or haughtily carried the Somali name - some in a dignified manner and for laudable causes that affected millions and won many hearts, and others for ignoble causes that either brought about humiliation.

The praiseworth former group will always be remembered in the colourful pages of Somali history, whereas the loathsome latter will meet or will have met an ignominious end.

Who should and shouldn't be in the Somali hall of fame.

Name one person from the past or present that should definitely be included in the Somali Hall of Fame and One person that should be included in the Somali Hall of Shame

I will state the most obvious -

Hall of Fame - Sayyid M A Hassan

Hall of Shame - Abdullahi Yusuf

Fabregas   

Hall of Fame: Imam Ahmed Gurey( hoisted the flag of Islam at Axum, the capital of Tigray)

Hall of Shame: Ali Geedi, hoisted the Xabashi flag at Muqdisho, the captial of ibn Samales!

Laba-X   

Hadrawi - hmm... A very talented poet i must say, but what else? I think we can leave him in there for the time being simply because of his immense wealth of literature (though compared to many others he will be considered a lightweight) and his peace initiatives in Somalia!

Fabregas   

Originally posted by -:

GJ_Goate..You conspicuously left Yeey in the hall of shame.

I put his brother there. Who appeared more educated then the warlord at the time and was trusted by a lot of Somali people!

Hall of Fame. Dr. Hawo Abdi for her dedication and free service to the somali community in her palace! I admire her alot

Hall of shame. My self for sitting on this chair and contributing nothing to somalia in Somalia!

Hall of Shame: Aydiid/Cali mahdi/Yeey/Ayaan Hirsi.

Hall of Fame: Shire Jaamac Juge. If you can read and write somali transcript, He has big influenced on your life.

>Abdullaahi Issue. Muuri/Sayid Mahamed. and many more.

Baashi   

Hall fo Fame: Ikhwaan movement, dervishes, SYL, SNL, USP

Hall of Shame: Military junta and Somali rebel movements that crossed the border to topple them

Waryaa Baashe: Saaxiib, Military Junta iyo rebel movements ha is garab dhigin. I beleive that Militray Junta has done many good things for the country.

Pujah   

Hall of Fame – No one in the last 20 years.

Hall of Shame - Abdullahi Yusuf and all his little stooges .

Hawdgirl   

All of the Somali warlords belong to the hall of shame category, so list all of them or else you are not being fair to the rest?

Mise you have some kind of hidden interest in one or perhaps few.

Labo X,

I don't agree with you on putting Sayyid M Xassan on the hall of shame as I heard that he killed many innocent people! So think about who is who among your famous Somali bloody killers!