Sign in to follow this  
Xudeedi

An Open letter to the leadership of Northwestern states of Somalia

Jaylaani   

Originally posted by Maakhir:

Mr. Yaasin Kilwe Othman is a native of Sanaag state, a state that I am proud to represent in the Transitional Federal Somali Parliament of Somali Republic currently based in Baidoa, Somalia.

Asha Ahmed Abdalla

Now that doesn't help his case does it?

Like I said he better eat or he will die in prison.

Xudeedi   

Ngonge and Jacaylbaro, you might be thinking of the terminological inexactitude of the terms she used and charged them as an improper way of addressing something/somebody or an entity. However, I am afraid that you missed her implied message or the plural implication of the states, not a single state. Northwestern states was formed by groups of clans who trace their descendents from one ancestor according to their popular belief. So, her use of northwestern states would not either validate or invalidate “Somaliland” but it will provide a realistic approach of dealing with this particular situation. They (Sanag state) are averted to the question of secession, which the self-appointed leadership in Hargeisa vehemently pursues and advocates. Hence, this differentiation formula of both groups, both represented in the transitional Federal government, works best to inform from local understanding and position those who are concerned, for instance, Human rights groups or to the addressee.

NGONGE   

^^^ Oooh the subtleties of the written word! Only her composition, flaw and organisation of ideas don’t at all imply the existence such subtlety or the ability to ‘write’ between the lines, saaxib.

If the case of this imprisoned guy is true then I sincerely hope he’s released and would wish that he would receive proper and full compensation for his troubles. I do not at all champion oppression of anyone and, not surprisingly, have little faith in the Somaliland judicial system (the intentions might be noble but the practice, I’m sure, leaves a lot to be desired). Thus far, I’m sure you and I are of the same idea. Now, would you kindly afford us some air of respect and admit that this lady’s letter was nothing but a simple, incoherent and aggravating rant?

Xudeedi   

Originally posted by NGONGE:

Now, would you kindly afford us some air of respect and admit that this lady’s letter was nothing but a simple, incoherent and aggravating rant?

I agree it is a simple since there isn't enough information to expand on this particular case and yes it appeals to the audience's emotion for solution that would release the inmate. However, unless you believe in this tribalistic state, you would not fictionalize Somalia and demand the honor of being referred to what colonial administration coined as a protectorate for its own exploitative motive and economic interest. Do you agree that balkanization in Somalia creates a lineage-conscious sense of belonging that has become ever so important in all parts of Somalia since the beginning of the political strife in Somalia and the ensuing dissolution of civil society, marked by the collapse of government in January 1991?

I admire in Asha's firm stance in being free from the wasted effort of political mythology on the expense of our country, and she is highly experienced and educated lady, so to render her letter as incoherent rant is an affront itself.

Ngonge, please stop insulting people you do not know. Kilwe is a member of Asha Abdulle's constituency, it is more then silly that she pleads for the life of this man. Further more, as a northerner who does not ascribe to the views of the Hargeisa clique, she has a right to call northern western Somalia, north western somalia.

LANDER   

Originally posted by Jacaylbaro:

looooooooooooool@Ngonge

and i didn't understand the North-west States
:D:D

May be she meant United States ,,,,,
:D

I think it was rather the Xinjiang and Tibet of China ;)

Either way this surely doesn't help the alleged prisoner and I'm sure his family is loving the fact that his case was used for a publicity stunt. Looks like a big farce really but if there is real concern for this man's well being, my approach would have been to have his elders contact members of the Somaliland administration be it in the gurtii or otherwise. Elder to elder talks usually get things accomplished in good ol somali fashion.

President Dahir Riyaale Kahin

Fax: 00 252 213 8324 or 00252 252 3848

Email:

Odagu ma yahoo buu isticmaalaa?

lol^, notice most of the listed people have the same exact e-mail address sl_victory@yahoo. Is this the only Asha could get her hands on or what. Maybe its a community e-mail box lol.

Jaylaani   

President Dahir Riyaale Kahin

Email:

Minister of the Interior

Mr Ismail Aden Osman, c/o Ministry of Foreign Affairs or The Presidency (as above)

Email:

Minister of Justice

Mr Ahmed Hassan Ali Assowe, c/o Ministry of Foreign Affairs or Presidency (as above)

Email:

Commander of the Somaliland Police

Mr Mohamed Egeh Elmi, c/o Ministry of Foreign Affairs or Presidency (as above)

Email:

Minister of Foreign Affairs

Ms Edna Ismail Aden

Fax: 00 252 828 3271

Email:

Somali Human Rights Defenders

International Human Rights Organizations

Source: Dhahar.com

The lady has outdated list of ministries. None of these people are holding these positions. Actually Adna and Ismacill yare aren't even part of the government any more.

Xudeedi   

Jaylani, you are giving an unfair legitimacy to an ad hoc clan-based administration whose existance no one knows. What is important is their contact address, which the parliamentarian underlined in bold terms.

One of the largest communities/clans in Lower Juba region voice their concern against the illegal incarceration of Yasin Kilwe Osman.

Isimada iyo Aqoonyahanada beelaha Kismayo dega oo cambaareeyey Hargeesa.

Abwaan   

Dabcan muwaadinkaas Soomaaliyeed waa in xorriyadiisa loo soo celiyaa haddii uusan wax dembi ah oo uu ciqaab xabsi ku mutaysto uusan gelin, ama haddii uu dembi galay caddaymo la soo bandhigaa.

Waxaanse la yaabay toloow ma Ingiriis bay ku wada xiriiraan maamullada Soomaalidu, goormaa afkeennii laga tegey, mise kani waa nuqulkii af ingiriiska ee loogu talagalay dadkaan Afsoomaaliga ku hadlin.

KEYNAN22   

Release kilwe Othman immedietly!

This is bad image for the sececionists, the SL government should attend a course of positive image building.

Jaylaani   

Jaylani, you are giving an unfair legitimacy to an ad hoc clan-based administration whose existance no one knows. What is important is their contact address, which the parliamentarian underlined in bold terms.

[/url]

Legitimacy or lack there of isn't the essence of the topic here.

I didn't make the list, she did. At least she should get it right.

How could you address individuals who have no power of changing the out come? If that is the case, she should address her concerns to ME. What is the difference?