Sign in to follow this  
MAXIMUS POWERS

Anti-Somaliland Demonstrations in London

^^ :D

As far as we know those who rule Sool are his own cousins. Cali Sandule waa nin ay ilmoadeer yiin, so is Mahad Canbaashe and the host of other noteables from that region. Not to mention the long list of leaders that have crossed into Somaliland side including Xaabsade and Ina Quuje.

Nobody cares about him personally or where he hails from, it is just that a "Former President" would be so shameless as to holding placards in an empty carpark. :D

Fabregas   

Emperor, the people love to eat Jam and donoughts. The people want their rights! We speak for the people and we are the people! People is a word which is chucked into arguments because it is a word that is almost taken as sacred these days. If the people want something, then it must right? In this case the people of Laaska are being occupied and held against their will, but what about those that actually support and aid Somaliland? Do the ones that support PL have more of a right to rule Laaska then the ones that are rooting for SL? On the one hand the one who seeks alliances from Bosaso is a hero and the one who seeks friends in Hargeysa is a traitor? If there is no such thing as Somaliland and Somaliland is part and parcel of Somalia, then what is wrong with one group of Somalis from Hargeysa and one group from Laaska taking over that city? Don't get me wrong, Somaliland was wrong to takeover that area. Mind you the majority of the "people" are oblivious to these two monkeys of regimes. Majority of the " people" are silent and get on with the lives, they have no real say in these matters. What is sad is that some Somalis are raising money in the diaspora in order to start a "clan war" against the enemy foreigner (SL). When the reality of that matter is they will be fighting their own cousins and potentially destroying their own cities. For what Somalinimo or Qabyaalad,Greater Puntland?

The Point...I was referring his buddies on Somaliland mailinglist, a cult I say. The man would have demonize Haabsade and Ina Quje just yesterday,and would have insisted nobody cares about them. Now if the former president cross over to the other side, you will see Suldaanka singing his praises, and boldly refer to him as another heavywight Sool politician.Now that's being shameless.

Som@li   

00washington3.JPG

This is the man who should be in office, not incompetent Cadde--Today we wouldn’t have secessionists having a laugh!

ElPunto   

^GJ,

Your analysis would be correct but for the glaring error that the vast majority of folks in the occupied areas( :D ) do not subscribe to secession which is the raison d'etre of Somaliland. You get a do over lad :D

ElPunto   

Originally posted by -:

The Point...I was referring his buddies on Somaliland mailinglist, a cult I say. The man would have demonize Haabsade and Ina Quje just yesterday,and would have insisted nobody cares about them. Now if the former president cross over to the other side, you will see Suldaanka singing his praises, and boldly refer to him as another heavywight Sool politician.Now that's being shameless.

Yes - I know. But sich is the politics of Somalis.

Fabregas   

It could be said a vast majority don't support PL admin. Also the ppl who are raising money are not doing it because of Somalinimo, Unity of anything of that sort. It's just meer tribalism and a qabil war to them. I know ppl who don't particularly support seccesion but still support SL group because they feel it would benefit their sub-sub-sub-sub-clan and give them power over another subclan. Plus, I hate to think what khat chewing, vodka drinking, la praying middle aged warlord this money is going 2. A tribal war in that area between subclans and families allied to the monkey regimes would be certainly disastrous and have long lasting effects.....

ElPunto   

^You need yet another do over.

Political incompatibility is clear except to the blind. I doubt there will be more than small skirmishes.

Baashi   

Suldaan,

Awoowe you support and promote secession. They don’t.

They support and promote unity. You don’t.

You understand how to short-circuit the process and seek the support of world powers in order to impose forced recognition on part of the constituencies (pro-unity) in the area.

You seem to be making the secession case in the negative (Some parts of Somalia are unstable and hence the world oughta be showering us praises and granting us recognition in spite of the sacrosanct territorial integrity clause enshrined in the UN covenants).

They seem to be opting to be part of Somalia that once existed at its worst hour. Food for thought for you and your likes!

They understand that silence is equivalent to acceptance in the political domain and want to express their objection against the ways and methods employed by the lobby in realizing secession dream.

Numbers matter. Turnout matter too! Yes. But don’t forget visibility too matters as much. Vocal minority can take the ball and score touchdown.

Former British Protectorate now defunct and part of sovereign Somalia is indeed divided on the question of dismembering Somalia. This is a northern problem. Folks can support one side of the divide all they want but the fact remains that the community is divided on this issue.

Here's where the demo comes in. Insignificant, waste of time, uncalled for? Not really. One does what one can under circumstance. Obviously the ones that are picketing outside have the fire in the belly and want to make a statement.

Picketing! Suldaan, awoowe that’s what the folks in the picture you posted are doing. They are trying to draw state department’s attention to their cause.

Baashi   

Nop. Radical cheerleaders and their hardcore secessionists sidekicks keep rubbing this crap on our faces. We're merely wiping the crap off our faces :D

Besides in SOL forums one hardly gets tired of the topics listed below:

^^^You and your little monkey friends can keep on laughing,but the man has the right to defend his land regardless who is on your payroll

:D

I am sure, he is defending it from Washington DC holding a placard. ;)

Of course, if he crossed to Somaliland, he would surely be knees deep doing the job on the ground in Lascaanood BUT NOT holding fruitless, shameless placards in a carpark

I just don't see the honour in shouting "Down to Riyaale" in an empty carpark. icon_razz.gif

It is more honourable to call a Geeljire meeting under a tree somewhere Sool. smile.gif