Jacaylbaro

Somaliland Defence Forces in control of Las Anod

SOO MAAL   

“setting up boundaries”

A perfect example of wishful thinking, only individuals with qabyaalad views talk about imaginary borders

Khalaf   

But come on, um not the best person in somali politics....but logic tells me there wouldn't be any problems in Las Anood, had not a considerable portion of reer Lasanood with Somaliland...and its more then what some are making it out to be just oppotrunist individuals......

Malika   

^^Are'nt all Somalis opportunist individuals?

So doest this mean the "peaceful" SL ready for war,despite it setting it back on its quest for recognition?

Khalaf   

^^^Sister what does SL have to do with this, they like any other human being are after what they see as their interests right or wrong and that is recognition.......but as i said there wouldnt be problem from SL for one sec or diib in Las Anod had it not been for reer Lasanood themselves.....would there?

Malika   

^^How so,elaborate..I got lost when you said "but as i said there wouldnt be problem from SL for one sec or diib in Las Anod had it not been for reer Lasanood themselves.....would there?"

Jamster   

Khalaf you have a point, the the ******** boys (a formidable clan of ******** and their traditional aristocracy) felt that the clan power shifted and thusly they though that they can solicit the help of ******* boys. All is well I hear and the young Garaad is discharging his duties and told them off.

Calm is back; but the PL troops will not rest till they reach beyond Ceynaba. We will see who the real losers will be for this conflict.

Watch this space.

This is the second time in as many days you are deliberately using clan names and pejorative, demeaning insults against other clans. Baliis, stop it or we will be forced to take other actions.

[ October 02, 2007, 10:55 PM: Message edited by: Miskiin-Macruuf-Aqiyaar ]

Khalaf   

lol Fahiye sxb u can't use clan names u should know rules. Real losers will be innocent ppl, sxb aren't ppl in this area related, intermarry, and are families across the clan lines? There is no need for any conflict for ppl this close..but what Allah wills happens...

Dahia....point was ppl are not united.

Emperor   

^Edit the clan names, its against SOL rules, you may revisit the rules if you like, beware you can be banned marka qabiilka tirtir ama employ other tactics like the other senior members of the forum. I hope you would be pardoned madaama aad wali farsamaynta baranaysid.

Aaliyyah   

what somaliland is doing is finally setting up its borders.

how are they going to set up their borders ? by invading a land that is not rightfully theirs? Walahi ignorant ppl like urself never cease to amaze me.

There is no point really arguing with the likes of you,you are a tribilist who is full of hatred.

However,just to make it clear LA will never be part of Somaliland, so stop daydreaming.

I hope there won't be problems that will cause insecurity to the city ,,,, the Somaliland Military are curently outside the city but the local militia is controlling inside the city.

No one will have to worry about this unless the PL militia want to cause bloodshed ..... that will happen in Garowe not in Las-Anod.

According to various local sources, Las Anod, the provincial capital of the disputed Sool region in northern Somalia, has been captured by Somaliland Defence Forces.

This comes after bloody conflicts between Puntland and Somaliland forces and their clan militia allies who are fighting over Sool and Sanad regions. While pro-Puntland sources claim the Puntland forces withdrew south for “defensive purposes,” the minister of Somaliland forces Abdullahi Ali Ibrahim said his troops have defeated Puntland troops in Las Anod. He also said a couple of senior Puntland commanders have been taken as prisoners while others escaped to Garowe, the capital city of Puntland.

Puntland troops are said to gain reinforcements from Garowe while militias related to Somaliland are reportedly getting assistance from Hargeisa, for more battles ahead. Unconfirmed sources state that Puntland forces have attacked businessmen belonging to Somaliland area sub-clans.

The heavy fighting continues to devastate civilians and surrounding residents who are mostly fleeing from the battle area.

Jimma Times