Sign in to follow this  
Jaylaani

I was just wondering!

Jaylaani   

How come Somalis are the only society who put more emphasis with the presidency when there is a PM in the government?

How many of you can tell the name of the Ethiopian president or the Iraqi president? It’s the PM that makes all the decisions in general.

How come Yey has his hands in the cookie jar in every aspect of this so-called government?

Taliban   

Originally posted by Jaylaani:

How come Somalis are the only society who put more emphasis with the presidency when there is a PM in the government?

I don't think this is unique to Somalis. Many African and non-African governments have a prime minister, and emphasis is with the presidency. The list includes Egypt, Algeria, Djibouti, Rwanda, Tunisia, iwm.

i dont think it is correct to say all djiboutians are somalis as there are citizens there from the afar and danaakil ethnicities so that wouldnt make djibouti a somali state.

Jaylaani   

Tima,

No body said all of them are from Somali race. You don't have to get too technical...over 80% of Djiboutians are Somalis. It used to be called FRENCH SOMALILAND not AnfarLAND or ArabLAND... Case closed

Nuune,

If those from Somaliland, NFD, and Zone 5 in Ethiopia are Somalis according to you than, Djibouti is Somali state too.

nuune   

Jaylaani, i understand what you are saying, I just had many Djiboutian friends, and most of them they don't like to be called Somalis, so when I say verify, I meant if Jabuutiyaans don't like to be called Somalis, why would you call them Somalis!

That is another argument, and needs some series discussions.

Xargaga   

I beleieve its something to do with the constitution and how its drafted. The somali constitution gives the president more powers than the prime minister, including the power of appointing and dismissing the prime minister wherever deemed right for him.

Yes Nabadshe it is matter of constitution,, the president is the elected person and this makes him head of the state and he is the one who appoints the prime minister. so this is called president lead government,, whereas in sme cases like Italy, Uk, Ethopia etc,the prime minister is the one being elected and this makes him the head of state or in other words PM lead government...

Jaylaani   

Originally posted by nuune:

Jaylaani, i understand what you are saying, I just had many Djiboutian friends, and most of them they don't like to be called Somalis, so when I say verify, I meant if Jabuutiyaans don't like to be called Somalis, why would you call them Somalis!

That is another argument, and needs some series discussions.

There is difference between being Somali race and Somali nationality. I don't know any reer Djibouti who wouldn't say I'm Somali from Djibouti. I was born there my self.

It's more political than anything else. With the current state of Somali politics who wants to claim Somali these days if you don't have to? It's embarrassing.. Just look around this forum and see how many creature here embracing adoon and kufar from Uganda, Ethiopia and other places over their own people.

Taliban   
I think there's a confusion between ethnicity and nationality. A majority of Djiboutians could be ethnic Somalis, but all Djiboutians are Djibouti nationals. If Djibouti joins Somalia in one country, then its citizens will become Somali nationals. Until then, they are who they are.

Xargaga   

I think there's a confusion between ethnicity and nationality. A majority of Djiboutians could be ethnic Somalis, but all Djiboutians are Djibouti nationals. If Djibouti joins Somalia in one country, then its citizens will become Somali nationals. Until then, they are who they are.

Taliban i thought your stance on nationalism was based in Islam, whereby the colonial borders matter not or according to you Secular borders in the islamic world. What ahappened? now you even went further by defferenciating somalis. Are you loosing it or what?