Sign in to follow this  
Jaylaani

I was just wondering!

It is byproduct of institutionalized and unreformed Soomaali axdi, which we never even gave a second thought to. A lot of problems stems from this, since this model supposedly doesn't work for us anymore.

Aabiyaasheena gobanimadoonka opted this model, for they hoped, and had a good reason, to separate each power. The model gives balance and a bit of checks of each branch, supposedly like the Mareykan one. Executive, presidential and judicial. It also gives an outstanding of power to speaker of parliament, unlike other speakers of parliaments around the world. [Remember, the speaker isn't really a 'speaker' but 'guddoomiye' baarlamaan huge difference in Soomaali sense].

However, and sadly, Soomaalida only care about madaxweynimo, who sits the top. It worked during Aaden Cadde and C/rashiid's time, each knew and respected his position by strictly following axdigaas jiray, even qilaaf hadduu soo dhexgalo.

The other governments that is closest to our model is Sri Lanka, Aljeeriya, Ruushka, Lubnaan, Bakistaan [pre-Musharaf], Faransiiska iyo Falastiin, who all are semi-presidential.

Taliban   

Originally posted by nabadshe:

i thought your stance on nationalism was based in Islam, whereby the colonial borders matter not or according to you Secular borders in the islamic world. What ahappened? now you even went further by defferenciating somalis. Are you loosing it or what?

What I have stated is what reflects today's reality. My stance is based on Islamic caliphate rather than nationalism. Nationalism itself is a colonial invention, if you didn't know that. And I do not believe in imaginary or colonial borders in the Islamic world.

Jaylaani,

I think it is incorrect to call any country with true inhabitants of another ethnicity to be a somali state. plus as others have said it is the case that a lot of djiboutians of somali origins dont even want to be called somalis so that would rule the possibility out further.

the issue with having a president and a prime minister is not an issue. countries such as france have worked perfectly when the Presidents has has a bigger role then the prime minister but obviously they have to think and work alongside eachother.

Somalia has 99 problems but that aint one!

Jaylaani   

Mr. Tima,

Somali state YES part of SOMALIA (the country) NO.

Iraq is ARAB (state) or nation but not from Saudi Arabia, if I could use that analogy.

Like I said before, majority of DJIBOUTIAN people are SOMALIS by RACE but DJIBOUTIAN by nationality.

Somaliland is heading to that direction too. More likely, the name of SOMALILAND will be changed after recognition but the people will remain SOMALIS.

I could say the same about SOMALI galbeed, if they get their act together. Drop the qabiil name of O.GADEENIYA.

Intaa wax ka badan oon ku odhan karaa saaxiib ma jirto.

Jaylaani,

you seem to be a brother with a lot of common sense and you have argued your case well here. the iraq example is a good one but it doesnt sit well with me becuase there are kurdish inhabitants who have the same rights to call iraq their country so technically you cant call it a purely arabic state. however it always has been know to be an arab state and therefore i'll have to accept that theory. But djibouti is a different case because it has never been the somali sate of djibouti. the area was once known as french somaliland but that doesnt merit it to be correct becuase the colionalists called different states accoriding to what they thought not the heritage and identity of the country. take Ghana for example. it used to be called the Gold Coast because that was the british name for it but the people knew it as Ghana.

Jaylaani   

^^I Heard you bro. and it does make sense.

I have one question for you. 80% of my family have Djibouti passport but they from Somaliland, meaning they're Somalis. What do you think we should call these people?

I'm sure you have some family members in Djibouti as well.

LOL@Iraq and the Kurdish.. You're getting too technical for me man. How about Kuwait or Yemen instead of Iraq. Will that work?

brother, i apologise for getting a bit carried away but hey that's just me.

i do have a few relatives from djibouti and i would say they are as somali as me so they are somali but i wouldnt call their whole country a somali country! that wouldnt be fair on the other ethinicities who live there.

your family who originate from somaliland are somali's just like you and me brother

Iraq is ARAB (state) or nation but not from Saudi Arabia, if I could use that analogy.

Like I said before, majority of DJIBOUTIAN people are SOMALIS by RACE but DJIBOUTIAN by nationality.

jeylaani

There is no single county called Arab, and Arab is the characteristics of those countries share then each of these countries can be called Arab state. Since Somalia is called one of the the countries in East Africa then the claim of Somali nationality is exclusively belongs to the citizens of Somalia state not Djabuti and the likes. But what are the characteristics we share with all of SOMALIDOONS (Djabutians, Zone 5, and NFD)so each of us can claim easter Cushitic is one of them, as well as Hametic, Afro-Asiatic, and Humanity. Djabut and the like and Somalia share the attribute of their geographical locations thus each of them can claim people of Greater Horn Africa along the other countries in the region: Sudan, Burundi & Rwanda to the west, Indian Ocean to the East, Somaliland, Eriteria, Djabuti to the North, and Tanzania to the South.