Sign in to follow this  
Paragon

ONLF now in control of Qalaafe town

^^LOL@Xiin's trucks being given safe passage cuz of Yey connection.

Must you always use that argument Ayoubow! Though i am not familiar with the said incedent, i do think paricular clan's business could be harmed on the basis of a remote clan connection. Look no further yaa Ayoub: you used it. But that's just a very minor and i am sure ONLF would concede it if it came down to it. But it’s a broken sword so to say that does not poke well if that is what one wanted to do.

Gabbal   

Ayoub-

Tsk tsk, I hardly gave an opinion about the ONLF or what is going on. Everything I contributed here has to do explicitly with your question and the response of Ladiif. Nothing more then that. Do pay attention to what is at hand next time. icon_razz.gif

AYOUB   

I don't think you get what I meant Xiin.. My argument is Yey has done far worse to harm the ONLF's campaign yet they have RIGHTLY not resorted to this low form of criminal behaviour against "your trucks". What's the difference between you and me? If my conclusions wrong, please correct me.

Is it not fair to say, then, that superficial concerns about yesterday’s
violent reactions against Riyaale’s
treacherous policy against ONLF fighters and its politicians in the futile hope of solidifying his admin’s relationship with Ethiopia are quite phony yaa Ayoub!

Let get this straight, the ONLF actions were criminal actions taken against innocent civilians, not Riyaale.

^^Now i got it. Perhaps Riyaale’s actions were quite harsh and effective for ONLF to resort to such actions. Or it was the clan thing as you asserted. But you need to ask yourself why ONLF are not doing those criminal actions as you alleged today if not a direct reaction of SL’s policy then. It clearly was. Midda kale it’s your inopportune interjection that I am objecting to, and not that I am saying ONLF never did bad things. Of course it’s a rebel movement in a very harsh political settings and with the least training. Thusly they are not adequately equipped to always make sound military and political judgments. Why would you choose to inject past grievance in this celebratory thread is the misgiving here!

Support them adeer without ifs and buts as long they engage the enemy, and when they err, as you assert in this incident, give them the benefit of the doubt.

As for your burnt trucks, we will compensate if proved! If you don’t think what I am saying is reasonable roll with your entity in agreement as others did :D ~~

AYOUB   

Mmmmh So it's not what i'm saying but where. OK. Fair enough. My support will remain verbal as long as they behave as they do. It's not long ago since their last selective arson, but this is not the place for topic , right?

HornAfrique

If YOU paid attention, you'd know my question was not WHY but WHAT ABOUT? I know WHY and now everyone does. smile.gif Now go back to defending the occupation of Kililka 6aad coz I'm off to bed. Nite doctor.

Ayoub, how many trucks were burnt? Who burnt them, regular ONLF militias or clans affiliated with them? How it got resolved? Is the passage open today or do SL trucking business still face similar security hazards as they did then?

I am not probing you to score a point in this little exchange of ours but I am really curious as to why what seems an isolated incident with clear assignable causes from my end strike a deep cord in you!

Contrary to what some propagandists here have spewed, the accused men were never handed over to Ethiopia. Instead, they had their day in Court and were later released free after the Government failed to bring forth enough evidence to support the allegation.

In 1996, SL admin handed 4 ONLF leaders in exchange of Sympathy and support from Ethiopia. Then Riyaale’s admin started hunting down the Somali civilians from that region/tribe in Hargeysa handing them to Ethiopia. They started rounding up the civilians accusing them to be ONLF members and either selling to Ethiopia or letting them rot in inhumane jail conditions. Some were starved to death, some were shot dead by the guards, and the last group was released after Ethiopia indicated that it no longer needed them and not willing to pay anything in exchange and after the pressure from the media, international communities and ONLF. This gave this rogue regime an opportunity to salvage what is left of it and stage this release which the SULDAANKA wants us to believe was genuine.

Ladif

Riyaale threatened to send ONLF boys arrested to Ethiopia. Yey did send ONLF boys and others to Ethiopia. Let me ask you one more time: how do you justify the selective criminal actions of the ONLF?

Its absurd that you think this has something to do with qabil and bloodline. ONLF has a bigger fish to fry and DOES NOT want to pick a fight with any Somali group or region without a good reason – protecting its civilians a good reason. Its mission and goals are beyond tribal issues. Riyaale’s actions were clearly criminal and utter disgraceful to all the red blooded Somalis. Its even worse that the SL Guurti, the opposition parties (Siilaanyo and Waraabe,the Facist) and the public were all compliant and did not stop the ill treatment of their fellow innocent Somalis. It was wrong to pick on these innocent civilians so to advance their little project and I guess SL got the message at the end hence, no human trade and truck burnings after all. That’s why I was saying one led to other and I am not trying to approve what ONLF did but it was in response to SL criminal, un-Somali and opportunistic behavior.

Yes, Yey did send many Somalis to Ethiopia after the fall of the courts not ONLF members in particular unless you mistakenly think being an ******i makes one an ONLF. Furthermore, ONLF did respond to AY and co by stepping up their war against Ethiopia all over the Somali state in Ethiopia. By doing so, Ethiopia’s already thinly stretched military will be further stretched out and hopefully fail at the end and there is ONLF’s response to Yey unless you expect ONLF to abandon ****** and start a guerilla war in Mogadishu which would be nice but unfortunately not possible today.

On the other hand, if you were saying that Puntland sent ONLF members to Ethiopia, this have never happened so far but there are however, maltreatments of Somalis from ****** in Puntland in a lesser degree. ONLF did respond to that but I will not publish it here. The last 2 incidents happened not long ago in response of the aforementioned ill treatments. As I said before, ONLF does not want to make any enemies other than Ethiopian Government and its stoogies (daba-qoodhi) but if this trend continues in Punt land, ONLF will have no choice but to respond but would like to point out that as of now, the situation is ok and and Cade Muuse just released the 2 civilians he jailed few weeks ago. I am glad that he realized selling innocent civilians was not the way to go smile.gif .

In 1996, SL admin handed 4 ONLF leaders in exchange of Sympathy and support from Ethiopia. Then Riyaale’s admin started hunting down the Somali civilians from that region/tribe in Hargeysa handing them to Ethiopia. They started rounding up the civilians accusing them to be ONLF members and either selling to Ethiopia or letting them rot in inhumane jail conditions. Some were starved to death, some were shot dead by the guards, and the last group was released after Ethiopia indicated that it no longer needed them and not willing to pay anything in exchange and after the pressure from the media, international communities and ONLF. This gave this rogue regime an opportunity to salvage what is left of it and stage this release which the SULDAANKA wants us to believe was genuine.

Ladif

Riyaale threatened to send ONLF boys arrested to Ethiopia. Yey did send ONLF boys and others to Ethiopia. Let me ask you one more time: how do you justify the selective criminal actions of the ONLF?

Its absurd that you think this has something to do with qabil and bloodline. ONLF has a bigger fish to fry and DOES NOT want to pick a fight with any Somali group or region without a good reason – protecting its civilians a good reason. Its mission and goals are beyond tribal issues. Riyaale’s actions were clearly criminal and utter disgraceful to all the red blooded Somalis. Its even worse that the SL Guurti, the opposition parties (Siilaanyo and Waraabe,the Facist) and the public were all compliant and did not stop the ill treatment of their fellow innocent Somalis. It was wrong to pick on these innocent civilians so to advance their little project and I guess SL got the message at the end hence, no human trade and truck burnings after all. That’s why I was saying one led to other and I am not trying to approve what ONLF did but it was in response to SL criminal, un-Somali and opportunistic behavior.

Yes, Yey did send many Somalis to Ethiopia after the fall of the courts not ONLF members in particular unless you mistakenly think being an ******i makes one an ONLF. Furthermore, ONLF did respond to AY and co by stepping up their war against Ethiopia all over the Somali state in Ethiopia. By doing so, Ethiopia’s already thinly stretched military will be further stretched out and hopefully fail at the end and there is ONLF’s response to Yey unless you expect ONLF to abandon ****** and start a guerilla war in Mogadishu which would be nice but unfortunately not possible today.

On the other hand, if you were saying that Puntland sent ONLF members to Ethiopia, this have never happened so far but there are however, maltreatments of Somalis from ****** in Puntland in a lesser degree. ONLF did respond to that but I will not publish it here. The last 2 incidents happened not long ago in response of the aforementioned ill treatments. As I said before, ONLF does not want to make any enemies other than Ethiopian Government and its stoogies (daba-qoodhi) but if this trend continues in Punt land, ONLF will have no choice but to respond but would like to point out that as of now, the situation is ok and and Cade Muuse just released the 2 civilians he jailed few weeks ago. I am glad that he realized selling innocent civilians was not the way.