Sign in to follow this  
Meiji

Extremists seek new ways to finance their war: pulling golden teeth from the people

Meiji   

Magaalada Marka oo Dadka ay Ilkaha ugu jiraan Dahabka iyo Qalinkaba ay Xarakada Al-Shabaab ku soo rogtay ammar ah in laga siibayo

Isniin, August 10, 2009(HOL): Xarakada Al-Shabab ee ka arimisa magaalada xeebeedka Marka ee Shabeelada Hoose ayaa maanta lagu soo warramayaa in ay dadka halkaasi ku dhaqan ka siibayaan Dahabka iyo Qalinka Ilkaha ugu jira, waxayna sabab arinkaasi uga dhigeen in uu Islaamka ogoleynin.

Dadka deeganka ayaa sheegya in ay al -Shabaab ay hareeraynayaan ciddii ay ku arkaan in uu ugu jiro Ilig Dahab ah ama Qalin ah, waxaana markiiba howsha siibidda gudanaya nin sita qalabka bixinta Ilkaha.

''Uma aan malaynayn in al -Shabaab ay u arkayaan Iliga Qalinka ah ee igu jira, waxa ay I geeyeen xaruntooda, waxa ayna iga saareen Iliggii iigu jiray'' sidaas waxaa wakaaladda wararka Reuters. u sheegay Bashir oo ka mid ah dadka degaanka magaalada Marka.

Waxa kale oo uu Bashiir u sheegay wakaalada wararka ee Reuters, in uu arkay dhowr qof oo iyana afka haysta, kuwaas oo uu ilkaha ka saaray nin af xiran oo ka mid ah ciidamada markaasi ku howlan siibidda Ilkaha Artifishalka ee ay qurux ahaata Soomalidu u xirtaan.

Waxa uuna hadalkiisa ku daray Bashiir in dadku ay ninkaasi ugu yeerayeen Dhaqtar, ''ninkaas oo isticmaalayay biinso iyo gacma gashi uu dadka uga saarayo ilka Artifishalka ah.'' ayuu hadalkiisa ku sii daray Bashiir.

''Sida aad u dhoola-caddeyso ayay iligtaada dahabka ah ama qalinka ah kuu eedeyn kartaa. waxaan la fadhiyay saaxibaday, markii ay i amreen in aan raaco Xoogagga Al-Shabaab, waana naxay oo waxaan u maleeyay in aan danbi galay, lakiin waxa ay ii sheegeen in uu danbi yahay Iligga iigu jira wayna iga saareen.'' ayuu Bashiir hadalkiisa ku soo afjaray.

Dhaqdhaaqa Al-Shabaab ayaa waxa ay dhowr jeer oo hore fuliyeen xukunno kala duwan oo tacsiir iyo xad isugu jira, kuwaasi oo lagu fuliyay dad ku sugan Gobollada ay ka taliso Xarakada Shabaabul Mujaahidiin.

Maxamed Cali Royter

maxamedroyter@hotmai l.com

Boosaaso, Soomaaliya

Meiji   

Bunch of extremists who are wasting time and energy on nonsense!

Whats next? Watching TV is haram and should be banished?

Meiji   

^^LOOL

Let them eradicate poverty, provide the young population with education and engage in policies that result in building a prosperous society.

These extremist PR stunts are just timewasting and will surely create much hatred against themselves and their misguided believes.

Meiji   

Or the rumors that the extremists were bankrupt could be true, considering their new policy of hunting down people with GOLDEN AND SILVER TEETH!

Religious pretenders are desperately seeking new ways to finance their war for political power.

Meiji   

Somali Islamists pull teeth from "sinners"-residents

Al Shabaab pull out teeth in line with strict Islamic law

* Resident says teeth removed by masked man

By Abdi Sheikh

MOGADISHU, Aug 10 (Reuters) - Somali Islamist group al Shabaab is forcibly removing gold and silver teeth from residents in southern Somalia because it says they contravene strict religious law, locals from a coastal town said on Monday.

Residents in Marka say al Shabaab has been rounding up anyone seen with a silver or gold tooth and taking them to a masked man who then rips them out using basic tools.

"I never thought al Shabaab would see my denture as a sin. They took me to their station and removed my silver tooth," resident Bashir told Reuters.

"In the station, I met several men and women whose dentures were being pulled out by a masked man they called a doctor. The doctor used a pincer or his gloved hand depending on the strength of the tooth," Bashir said .

"As you smile your silver tooth accuses you. I was at a counter with my friend when three armed al Shabaab ordered me to follow them," he added. "I am afraid they want to make money from taking all this precious metal."

Al Shabaab officials declined to comment.

The Islamist group says the gold and silver teeth are used for fashion and beauty, which is against strict interpretations of Islam, residents told Reuters.

Al Shabaab, which means "Youth" in Arabic, is an al Qaeda-inspired militant group that has taken control of large swathes of south and central Somalia.

The group's hardline interpretation of Islamic law has shocked many Somalis, who are traditionally more moderate Muslims. Some residents, however, give the insurgents credit for restoring order to the regions under their control.

In June, al Shabaab officials in one of the group's Mogadishu strongholds ordered four teenagers to each have a hand and a foot cut off as punishments for robbery. (Writing by Jeremy Clarke; Editing by Alison Williams)

-------------------- -------------------- ---------

This is pure theft, why would a ''doctor'' wear a mask when pulling out the golden and silver teeth? Ever since the extremists are faced with bankruptcy they are getting more desperate.

salaams

this is sort of silly - i mean how are you gonna make money from ripping out teeth if nobody can have gold teeth.. who wants to buy used gold teeth? what are they gonna do - export them to dar al kufr so they can put'em in the trashy rap videos?!

there are more lies everyday so you have to be careful what you believe

ameen walaykum assalaam

money   

Originally posted by Dhuujiye:

What is the value of gold or silver teeth in Somalia?

Gold can be burned, pounded and most of all is malleable and that means these extracted gold-teeth can be repackaged and sold. Shabaab terrorists are as broke as ever. I heard even that they charge toll-fee to those traveling from Shabaab-held towns. And they started to kidnap people who they think could net them some ransom money. They using the warlord tactics of kidnapping and road=blocks.