Sign in to follow this  
chubacka

What not to wear.

Buuxo   

LoL@Chuack.YOu must have a traditionalist mother like me.When we were in our late teens ,there was all of a sudden a no shorts,pants,singlet s policy in our home. We usually had lots of visitors,distance relatives staying over ,my sisters & I ,all had to wear full dirac baatis.It was hard I tell you,considering the climate. Surprisingly the baati's were temperature friendly.Now I wear baatis alone in summer & baati & tights in winter.

Paragon   

Siren, lol@work first. Easy does. As the beer advert once said, 'you'll know when it's ready' smile.gif

The whole attire is part of the allure don't you think?

chubacka   

Originally posted by *Buuxo*:

must have a traditionalist mother like me.

I do bless her, every once in a while I become her project for improvement and very often what provokes it, is my dress sense @ home. :D

I tried to explain that the girls she sees wearing these diraacs @ home only have them on because she is a guest at their home and when visitors come to us, I also pull out the diraac but to no avail. :confused:

Anyway long live comfort @ home and may these diraacs find their way back to Somalia, or we can jst donate them all to Siren. smile.gif

Originally posted by Ducaysane:

You can wear any piece of cloth in the house for now but at the end of the day, what your man wants will be what you will end up wearing more often.
:D

Good luck with that D, have an ice pack ready dear. icon_razz.gif

Uggh! I hate baati or dirac. I hate dirac with passion. I dont even go to weddings because I dread wearing dirac. It is so uncomfortable, long and way too big. It burns my skin. I see red marks everywhere when I wear it. My mom dislikes seeing any kind of skin, dunno why? She started to bug me with "naa lugahaaga qari, no shorts, pants, short skirts, or anything that reveals part of my body for there are number of neighbors and relatives at our house at any given time but they are women! Oh I hate it!!

^- How can you hate wearing diracs? Good lord woman its a breath of fresh air and the way it drags on the floor only adds to its appeal. Stop being so sissified and put this on! *Smacks her over the face with a Dirac and runs off*

Paragon- Whats alluring? Diracs? Well they are floaty-like silky and see-through I guess it call be quite exciting especially when its coated with sweet smelling uunsi and cuud. Still, what are you getting at? *Squints with suspicion*

Lol@ *squints with suspicion*. I just hate and the see through fact is less appealing to me. That is precisely why when I go to weddings, I'm preoccupied with covering my boobs with the tiny excuse-of-a-garment called garbasaar. It slips off, I pick it, slip, blush with embarrasment, pick up, slip, there goes my night.

I look(with wild surprise and astonishment) at those girls who come to weddings with no garbasaar on, parading arround effortlessly in their literally see-through(as in you can see the color of the bra, underwear, peirced belly-buttons)diracs .

Zulfa,

I grew up calling them dishdasha but I beleive it's the same thing - Jalabiya.

Choc &Honey,

I understand the way you feel. I usually wear a camisole which compliments the dress or my skin colour under my dirac and with the help of a brooch keep the garbasaar in place. If Im still not comfortable enough,I don an abaya on top of the diraac -the type which is open in the middle.

I hate dirac as well, never like it and specially bac weyna. I feel like a white chick wearing dirac when I try to wear one. I prefer guntiino and wear them to wedding whenever I go.

Mostly I wear pj pants and t-shirt at home, baati or shiit is nice and comfortable to wear around the house. It's funny when a duqyaasha dariska hooyo u imaadaan and see me wearing comfy pjs at home, they're like naa aado hadaad guriga joogtana ma surwaal baad ku taagantahay oradoo dirac xiroo nafis...it cracks me up.

Originally posted by Cadde123:

if you want comfort at home,baati is the way just make sure it is perfectly fits you.

and what is wrong with the see through part in diracs? People are busy enough to notice or stare at naas feedan except someone with sininster motives.lols

It is funny how most of you(except buuxo and the_siren) dont like the traditional cloth.

Originally posted by The_Siren:

Me personally? I'm wearing one now and always wear either a soft dirac or sheed at home with an appropriate googarad and garbasaar. Thats what I feel most comfortable in- when I come home I can relax, be myself and let it all hand out. No sophisticated galoo nonsense do I wear but a simple bag-like cotten dress which allows the breeze to flow through me, suugo and laxoox stains ahoy! LOL -I kid no suugo stains I've grow old of such things. Truly I have...

Applause.