Sign in to follow this  
Khalaf

Somaliland Get your own freaking name!

Chimera   

Originally posted by Ghanima:

As I said there are intelligent credible arguments that you can use against Somaliland, sadly this fallacious argument is baseless

well said.

Fabregas   

It's called Somaliland not Somalialand. The Somali ethnic group and the Somali state that was formed in 1960 are two different things. So Somaliland has the right to that name as much as any other Somali group.

The saancadaale who had tried to christen the northwest Somalia by that name saw the impossibility of their actions and took back that insult in 1960 and still you who claim to be a native of Somalia do not want to let it go. Queen Victoria is saying to you, you are Somali period, ama cirka u bood amase dhulka, fartaada oo qaloocdaa kama hadho. smile.gif

Call me crazy, but how the hell did this thread escalate to 3 pages long, when I couldn't get passed some of these words written by the poster:

that's not what i want do here ya dig

simplteons and navity

and dumbiest thing ive heard

.....i am a very clam guy

My migraine kicked in a notch just trying to get passed the jibrish.

Laflaf, for heaven's sake, stay in school. Taada kasoo bax before aad affairs aad shaqo ku laheyn aadan galin.

A.J.   

These guys cannot be for real,

They loose all credibility when they claim the word SOMALI as purely their own,,

Intel   

Originally posted by J.a.c.a.y.l.b.a.r.o:

sow waxaan kaga goostay maaha

cuqdad iyo nacayb darteen ayaad u goosatay

Nephissa   

^ We know you left the barn nearly 20 years ago, but a horse always knows his way home. Ama waaaw dheh ama wiiiw, lama huran wa cooskii jiilaal :D . Mi casa es su casa, mininka minikiinii waaye!

Might be a good time to invest in some property in the South...a motel? Small apartment complex? duplex rentals, etc. That means more $$$ coming in...when the people start leaving Somaliland for Somalia. icon_razz.gif

Waaaw, waaba la isla dhacay meeshaan. Yaab iga ahaa.

Haddaan meel iska dhigno the silliness, absurdity of this thread, though, wax kalaa i cajabiye, laakiin. Waa kuwa iskugu waco "landers," oo waliba isla quman.

Dalal badan caalamka ayaa jiro oo dalalkooda magacyadooda suffix ka ah 'land.' Isla dalalkaan, though, the locals don't call or refer their country what others, especially the English-speaking people, call it.

Such nations, giving an example, are the following [local names in brackets] Switzerland (Schweiz, Suisse, Svizzera), Thailand (Mueang Thai), Greenland (Kalaallit Nunaat), Finland (Suomi), to say a few.

Do our brothers in North even thought about the grammatical implications of it? Do they really intend to Soomaalinize this out-of-place and time noun, "Somaliland."

It is both grammatically wrong in Soomaali and in Ingiriis. If one wants to Soomaalinize it, it should have been Soomaalilaan [or the way old folks used to call it, Soomaalileen]. Waa mid la garay localizing it.

It is grammatically also wrong because none of 'land'-ending countries' people call themselves somelanders, exception being New Zealand folks.

You won't see an Icelandic call him/herself a Icelander; you won't hear a folk from Swaziland calling himself while among his people Swazilander. Same with Thais, they don't call themselves Thailanders. So are Finnish people, not Finlanders, not even in English. So is Netherland or Holland. The Dutch are Hollanders? [ :D ] Greenland. Poland. Ireland. Scotland. England [the grand of it all, whose own people speak the native language, they don't call themselves Englanders.]

Kuwa kale iyagana these days iskugu waco "Puntlanders" waxba ma dhaamaan.