Sign in to follow this  
Suldaanka

Sample polls shows majority of Southerners support Somaliland

Gabbal   

Suldaanka-

If you haven't already gotten it, I neither support this government nor oppose it. Waxay ku imaatabo waan arki. So to pin Qanyare's "ministerness" on me will not get you anywhere. :D This hurts or irks me as much as it does you.

As for warlord media's flipflopping, come on Horn, you can't single out and accuse Dayniile alone for that. Or perhaps, you turn a blind eye to the other warlord-media that are even worser.

That's not here nor there sxb. I am a great critic of Somali news mediums, even so, the topic of discussion is about Dayniile and only Dayniile. Dayniile is worse then the most illegitimate tabloid news sources in America, and thats saying alot.

Marka adeer wax doodeena u qalmo la imow. ;)

Ururka Midnimadda Jambuuriyadda si founded by Darmaan? Darmaan??!! Qish qish qish [i am laughin']...bas, bas. Now, even Dayniile.com has a credibility compared to delusional, self-declared 'president.'

You know it, it ain't real poll, let alone a scienistic one. Laakiin niyada ee kuu dhisee, I see. By all means, ku raaxeyso. I conducted my own poll too, my body came up the results: MMA recognizes Suldaanka or is it Malaaqa? icon_cool.gif

a poll is like a donkey u driving. it does only what the master wants it to do period!

now what u said have some credibility! there is one community from the south that hangs at the wrong side of the tracks! lol... and simply, i do believe they looking for aliance!! u feel me!

but a new train is coming to town called somali, so ppl get onboard!!

however, out here in la! the somali community has overthrown the somaliland strong hold and new sharef is in town called somali! we shall feed yall about 1st of july celebrations!! ish allah! keep the fate!! one nation 4 all of us!!

:cool:

"I neither support this government nor oppose it"

Is that "your indivitual" position or does it got to do with the politics of Barre Hiraale and his JVA faction. In another words, would you take a different position to that of Barre and his faction?

That's not here nor there sxb. I am a great critic of Somali news mediums, even so, the topic of discussion is about Dayniile and only Dayniile. Dayniile is worse then the most illegitimate tabloid news sources in America, and thats saying alot.

I know this is about Dayniile, but from the way you put it, you seem to be content with what other "warlord media" spew (good or bad), so I asked why only Dayniile?

Obviously you don't like what the owners of that Website write/publish, but equally, there are people who do not like as much what other "warlord media" spews.

Personally, it is one of the few Southern websites that I get fresh morning news everyday. The other website used to be Hiiraan Online but it is getting slow and old. Shabellenews.com is good one though.

Ururka Midnimadda Jambuuriyadda si founded by Darmaan? Darmaan??!! Qish qish qish
[i am laughin']
...bas, bas. Now, even Dayniile.com has a credibility compared to delusional, self-declared 'president.'

You know it, it ain't real poll, let alone a scienistic one. Laakiin niyada ee kuu dhisee, I see. By all means, ku raaxeyso. I conducted my own poll too, my body came up the results: MMA recognizes Suldaanka or is it Malaaqa?

Miskiinow

It might seem "wax lagu qoslo" but, in my opinion, the whole south is just like that. C'mon, who elected Indho Cadde? Where do all the Warlords come from including Warlord Yey? They are self made, self-declared warlords, governors, businessmen, druglords, traffickers, charcoal traders.

I think you should appreciate what the self-declared President Mr. Darmaan is doing, At least he is not killing people to make a name for himself. Or does it take 1,000 dead Somalis to be respected as a player? :eek:

Suldaanka I accept and will even help you and other somalilanders in their quest for recognition and I really mean it even if I have to go to North Korea or the North Pole. :D:D But are you once and for all going to accept that you stop claiming my land and Burco-Berbera-Hargeysa will be be parto fo that country and not my land. Only then will I have banners and going in the cold and demonstrating :D:D I think all non-somalilander somalis agree with me on that point. So all other nomads get ready to go out there and campaign :D:D Dont forget to bring rain coat and comfortable shoes. Suldaanka am waiting for youre approval am already in the processes of doing some banners so dont disapoint me :D:D

Gabbal   

"I neither support this government nor oppose it"

Is that "your indivitual" position or does it got to do with the politics of Barre Hiraale and his JVA faction. In another words, would you take a different position to that of Barre and his faction?

From my understanding, Mr. Hiiraale supports this government and has even declared his loyalty to it in the heart of Abdulahi Yusuf's opposition; the city of Mogadishu. I believe I will let you figure out just whose position that really is. smile.gif

I know this is about Dayniile, but from the way you put it, you seem to be content with what other "warlord media" spew (good or bad), so I asked why only Dayniile?

Obviously you don't like what the owners of that Website write/publish, but equally, there are people who do not like as much what other "warlord media" spews.

Sxb if we get into a topic on the legitimacy of Somali news mediums, it take us days and a few more pages. There is the good, the bad, and the laughingstock. Dayniile is among the laughingstock and I say that as honestly and objectively as I can. I have voiced negative opinion about Allpuntland too, but although allpuntland is very subjective, I would not call it a laughingstock. They did not bring that on themselves; Dayniile did.

I am not very familiar with Somaliland news sources, but what is your opinion on the lengthy piece on Haatuf that dealt with a meeting between Riyaale and Cabdala Salah, even though Cabdala Salah was on a state visit to China during that same time in question? I'm just curious.

AYOUB   

Originally posted by Suldaanka:

[QB] ^^ Arm-chair "been ma sheege"

How can you reach such conclusion as to say that "there was no poll" when you do not even know if there was or not. You could have at least said this; I contacted the "xisbiga Jamuuriga" and they told me that there was no poll. But to come here and brush it aside, maxaad kaga duwantay qofkan aad leeday wuu beensheegay iyo adigu? Cajiib.

Try to spot the trend in these MMA quotes:

Dayniile.com

"Concocting and fabricating spurious stories is a favourite Dayniile.com pastime, including this unheard and oxymoronic "Midnimadda Jamhuuridda" urur with the bogus poll. "

Ururka Midnimadda

"Ururka Midnimadda Jambuuriyadda si founded by Darmaan? Darmaan??!! Qish qish qish [i am laughin']...bas, bas. Now, even Dayniile.com has a credibility compared to delusional, self-declared 'president.'"

Waagcusub.com

"I would rather believe any point Bush lecture me about Ciraaq than believe this shilin-maheysaa Calasoow."

Enough said.. :D

HornAfrique

Just been grafting bro, thanx for askin. Missed you too. icon_razz.gif

Xudeedi   

The fact of the matter is that these minorities are occupied and misrepresented in their political outlook or where the destiny of their fate lies. Their territories have been turned into the power bargaining strategy for the warlords who occupy them.

---------------------------

On Comparisons with the “Southâ€:

The leadership of “Somaliland†constantly refers to what they call “the anarchy in the “South†to sell the better image—in their perception—of their “republic†for recognition to any one who is willing to buy the gadget. Or, they complain that the “South†is far too unstable to wait for, and, waste their time, over the re-institution of a Somali government, which will never be formed in the near future, they argue. Or, that they do not wish to go back to the era of dictators and warlords with the “Southâ€. But I wonder who wants any of that, any way? Not the “Southâ€, not anyone else in the North needs the repetition of that era or its extras of tyranny and totalitarianism! In fact, the plight of the people in the so-called “Death Triangle†is where the crux of the matter lies in the comparisons between peace in the North—North meaning upwards of Mogadishu, in this case—and the deep “Southâ€. Therefore, there is no blanket “South†when it comes to the prevalence of peace and stability in the land. This means it is not true that the whole of what they call “the southâ€â€”which, for them, is anywhere outside the claimed borders of “Somalilandâ€â€”is neither peaceful nor stable.

The rural-pastoral communities in the “Death Zone†or “Death Triangleâ€, as it was known at some point, have been less militarized than the armed, marauding militia of the ****** and ****** clans from up North. The people of the “Death Triangle†have remained a captive population throughout the period of the civil war. Their territories have changed hands between those more powerfully militarized nomads, and who see this area as no-mans-land. This is despite the fact that there are more clans in that zone, than there is in the rest of Somalia. There are the Jiidle, the Jareers, the Bio-Maals, the Bravans,the Tunnis the sheekhals, the Banadiris, the Geledis and the Begedis, the Garres, the Cawramale, the Dabarres and various others, less known ones, but not in any way the least—to name but some. Hardly are most people in “Somalilandâ€, even, aware of this fact, or know the names of these clans. Hardly do they know also that this region is the most populous in Somalia, or that it is the most fertile zone, to qualify as the “bread basket†of Somalia. The leadership in Hargeisa far from informing their own captive population about this reality, they engage in rhetoric exploiting the plight of this helpless people, by way of seeking legitimacy for their “banana republic†from within and from without, in the expense of these people.

Also, unlike in the North, “Puntlandâ€, or the Central lands, where nomadic classlessness reigns to the point of anarchy as a core value in the culture, individualism and self interest†can be detected as central in the mix of values of the captive population of the “Triangleâ€. Traces of inequality—them being rural-settled—are observable. But, in the main, one can attribute to them, also, a shade more of social discipline, domesticity, and existence on crop savings. They have remained occupied through out the civil war and have hardly had the freedom to go about the basic routines of their life—let alone reorganizing for grassroots initiative and peace talks or attaining democracy during this period. These people have as yet to attain their rights for basic freedoms or the empowerment to free themselves from their occupiers.

Few of us, from other regions, now realize that towns and villages from Afgoye, 25 kilometers from Mogadishu to the south, through Shalambood, Marka, Brawa, Qoryooley, Jannaale, Marian-gubay, Jamaame, Mareerrey, down to Kismayo along the tarmac road, as well as many more deeper to the West, between the two rivers, are occupied by one warlord or another, or by proxy thereof. Of course, all warlords come from Mogadishu northwards; and there have never been a warlord from the “Triangleâ€, except, occasionally, as an ally to one from up north. Thus, Victims from this people, in the hands of these occupiers, have recently been coined “Looma-Ooyaan, Looma-Aaraanâ€â€”roughly meaning: “un-mourned, un-avenged forâ€. The recent horrible story that a sixteen year old boy numerously stabbed his father’s killer to death in front of hundreds of spectators as allowed by a so-called “Islamic Court†in the interest of justice is typical.

It is said that the man was a member of a minority clan—a Jareer, if my sources are correct. Click here for the picture and the whole story in the Somali Language.

http://www.shabellenews.com/2006/may/n6978.htm. The act reeks of contempt for the man and his clan. In fact, nothing like that happens (could ever happen) to a member of the majority clans. Ali H. Abdulla[ii] writing of the incident and relating it to other incidents of the same type elsewhere in Somalia observes: “They also share the fact that the executed person may have [come] from a minority clan that could not protect his/her poor soul.†They could hardly move freely within their territory since the collapse of government, in 1991—let alone organize for grassroots reconciliation and for home grown democracy. They have been unable to organize because of their lack of freedom.

They have been so much ostracized by the power grip and the whims and skims of the warlords controlling their territories that they have suspended their image of their own reality. Therefore, hardly has anybody counted them in as an important component of the larger entity (Somalia). If “Somaliland†has refused to play as a member of the State sub-entities, the Deep South has never been given the opportunity to even play; because of the Warlords and their allies of war-profiteers. The Hargeisa leadership, perhaps too insensitive to appreciate the predicament of this people, or deliberately indifferent to their plight, has used the relative comparison to their advantage. The Leadership in Hargeisa must, therefore, stop its repeated exploitation of the woeful situation of the people of the “Triangle†in their publicity stunt to seek recognition for “Somalilandâ€.

The Rahanweyns in Baidoa and its environ, also comprising many different clans, have only had a respite as of the year 2000, when Colonel Shati Gaduud—leading a successful campaign against Aideed’s (the son) militia—freed the people from captivity, with help from the Ethiopians. Soon after that they had their internal political conflict bare open for all to see, with the first political window of opportunity. Thanks to God that things have been going better for them these last two or three months. So, they currently are hosting the Transitional Federal Parliament, and are united at least in that respect.

I believe a movement is appropriate in support of the people of the “Triangleâ€, by calling for peace and freedom, given the dire situation of the community(s) of that region and for the sooner transition of the whole of Somalia into peace, stability and good governance—a movement in the fashion of Hadrawi[iii]’s exemplary solo attempt a few years back. All good Somalis must stand up to call on the warlords and war-profiteers in the zone to free the people from captivity and release their lands to their use. I am aware of the claim by those controlling the land and its people that they are Somalis too, who have a right to live there. But living there as neighbors and guests of the local community is far different from imposing oneself on them, thereby exploiting all that is available to them in their expense and to their misery. Remember nothing like that has happened elsewhere in Somalia, my dear reader.

In the name of God, the Compassionate the Merciful,

“Let there arise out of you a band of people inviting to all that is good, enjoining what is right, and forbidding what is wrong: They are the ones to attain felicity.†The Quran[iv] (3:104)

On the Case for Unity:

The “Somalilanders†camp has had three arguments to advance to justify what they call the de facto existence of “Somalilandâ€â€”that: (a) Somaliland is a State which pre-existed the Somali Republic. (b) The “Act of Union†was never ratified by the Parliament of the Somali Republic in those days. © Pursuant to these facts and since the Somali Republic is no more —in their thinking—“Somaliland†has reemerged de facto as a State of its own right. But before we discuss the legal argument against this claim, let us discuss the political argument.

--------------------------------------

From "Somaliland": The Mythology Dispelled" by Abdalla Hirad.

AYOUB   

^^ More bullshidh from pitiful souls.

The fact of the matter is that these minorities are occupied and misrepresented in their political outlook or where the destiny of their fate lies. Their territories have been turned into the power bargaining strategy for the warlords who occupy them.

HINT HINT, NUDGE NUDGE ---> These warlords didn't vacate Somaliland as a goodwill gesture ;)

There are the Jiidle, the Jareers, the Bio-Maals, the Bravans,the Tunnis the sheekhals, the Banadiris, the Geledis and the Begedis, the Garres, the Cawramale, the Dabarres and various others, less known ones, but not in any way the least—to name but some. Hardly are most people in “Somalilandâ€, even, aware of this fact, or know the names of these clans.

Bio Maal iyo Non Bio Maal maxaa iiga gidhiish ah :D Bro this chap you keep quoting has lost it, if you ask me. If he thinks images of a boy stabbing knife in another man's neck is an excuse that is somehow's gonna win me over, he must be nutts, to put it midly. What a looney!

Originally posted by AYOUB_SHEIKH:

:D
Bro this chap you keep quoting has lost it, if you ask me. If he thinks images of a boy stabbing knife in another man's neck is an excuse that is somehow's gonna win me over, he must be nutts, to put it midly. What a looney!

Qabiil caabudid heer waxaad gaartay xataa Islaanimadii, Soomaalinimadii iskaba dhaafee, xataa bini aadenimadii aad lose gareysid. Eebboow ha naga qaadin humanitynimo. Nin tiir lagu xir xiray, oo wiil yar tooreey loo soo dhiibay ku sur suraayo, xataa in aad ku qososhid iska dhaafee, maanta waxee taagan tahay heer aad ku jees jeesteysid.

Eebboow, dadka cuqdada ka saar, wadnahooda daahiri, inteeba saas u dhiman iyagoo ganfuur taagaayo iyo Soomaali ka carar iyo naceyb. Aamiin.

Xudeedi   

MMA, that is how far it can go. I agree with the author that we should spearhead a campaign to advocate for the freedom of these clans.

Therefore, hardly has anybody counted them in as an important component of the larger entity (Somalia).

I agree with that statement too. Some of the clans despite their big Size as to their large settlement don't even have seats in the Transitional Federal Government.

Maakhir, the article alludes that they are minority. They certainly aren't, but they are unarmed.

Can you believe the guddoomiyaasha of Afgooye, Marka, Baraawe, Awdheegle, Qoryooleey and Daafeed [Wanlaweyn] all hail from one sub-clan, who historically or not has no business in there to be? Plus the guddoomiyaha of the whole gobol?

Unfortunately, or fortunately for the occupiers, the native residents of these degmooyin still have the old mentality of peacefulness, that everything, like in gumeysigii Talyaaniga, will be good one day.

Nabad waa wax muhiim ah, oo laga maarmin for any human being. Laakiin dadkaas lagu heysto gobolladaas wali waa riyoonoyaan, believing, like gumeysidoonkii, all will be good in the long term. Ma'oga this ain't gumeysi duullaan ku yimid oo shisheeya ah, but a gumeysi dhow oo dhul balaarsiga raadinaayo, marna diin ku ganbanaayo, beerahoodana ka xalaaleystay.

They can't even go fishing now; they pay extra "tax" or royalty to fish their Eebbe-given right to fish their own native ocean they ever knew.

They now are changing, though, testing Indhamadoowe's brutal rule. They started low-level campaign, bombing his xerooyin at night in many degmooyin, thus he started bandow, a curfew at night most degmooyin. It isn't working, since the last two nights already two different bombs occured in Marka, his strongest base. They also distribute waraaqo loogu digaayo and lagu dacaayadeynaayo his brutal rule.

Ha ogaadaan unless sidii Caydiid Junior looga soo saaray dhulkii Arlaadi, in Indhamadoowe meelna u socon unless sidii Caydiid Jr. loo galay ku dhicin -- a forceful removal asaga iyo wixii lamid ah.

bakkie   

It sad up to now that there is sanity in discussions. Up to now the people of Somali decent can not engage in a civil, and meaninful discussion where different people or groups can vigorously urge their positions in a civil manner.

What is going is unforfunately typical of the Somali-speaking people anywhere in the world. Subjectivity, negative attitude, deep mistrust of each other, disparaging each other and the propagation of falsehoods, and wishful thinking is the rule of the game. Reality is the true casuality here. What you see in discussion forums, in cafes, posted internet articles, what is happening in Mogadishu and other places is the sign and symptoms of deeply polarized, fragmented, hatred-filled and paranoid people. This will reflect the mental status of many Somalis which is nothing but troubled.

Meanwhile, majority of Somali-speaking ethnic groups keep on identifying and attributing everything on clan. I am sure clan can not take anybody anywhere. Anything purely clan-based is not sustainable. If you passionately do something on clan basis, that thing or endeavor will fall apart in a very short period of time. Clan is not a hierrechal organization where power is from top down. it is a horizontal structure where everybody is sailing in the same boat. Clan also can not be bound or limited by bylaws, rules or regulations. It is a free for all open organization where you can do or say anything you want without being accountable to anybody.

I would also advise people not to underestimate, unreasonably disparage, or play down the concrete achievements the people of the people of Somaliland without outside help.

Just look at the 15 Somali conferences held outside the country. Non of the governments selected in those foreign countriesw so far worked. Though we can not accurately predict the success and failure of the recent Embagatti government currently in Baidawa, Its starting was rather bumpy. It has faced monumental difficulties, uncompromising warlords and many other obstacles. I can't predict if a miracle will happen, but the probability of its success generally is slim.

Finally I believe a peaceful, prosperous and recognized Somaliland may be the best hope for any new Somali government. I am urging everybody to watch what he/she is saying about Somaliland, because you never know. The saying goes "Hadal xuni dadkana wuu kugu dira waxana kuuma Kurdhiyo" I may not say it well, but the bottom line is, when you see what is happening in Mogadishu, Merka, Kismayo, Jowhar, Beldweyne and Buulohawo and other places, you need not to antagonize the hard working, realistic and resilient people of Somaliland. An indepenmdent Somaliland may be the only hope Somalia will have. You the whole world has written off Somalia.

Xudeedi   

MMA, Definately they are not minority, but from the sociological point of view, I think that is what the author is alluding to like the Hispanics and Blacks in America.

Sooner they free themselves from the shackles of the warlord grip, sooner that term will be rendered a misnomer. However, the fact is that these clans are scattered and aren't tied by blood lines and history to form a confederation like the RRA. This is in part how the warlords exploit the disadvantage of their disunity and Inorganization.

I can't believe some of them don't even have seats despite their large settlement.

Bakkie, I think you have a lot to learn