Sign in to follow this  
- Femme -

Attention Nomads! Concerns for Forum Quality

I have noticed that the women's section is full of crap and nonsense (and Im sorry to say that I have contributed to it redface.gif )

I was wondering if we could talk about real important issues concerning us other than love, shukaansi, clothes, and somali men (subjects that should be taken out and shot...repeatedly...point blank range)

Could you list some important issues that you would like to bring up, discuss, etc. Whether about religion, culture, education, career, kids, etc.

Those that would be actually interesting and at the same time informative? Would help us, educate us?

Lets start brainstorming :D

On your marks, get set.. GO!

Tuujiye   

Yarta meeshaan anigaba waa la yaabay nooh.

dad waxaa kasoo buuxsamay oo wada aroos raadis ah..waa la is ku kulul yahay aan u maleynaa..

Adiga xitaa wadnaca ee kaa daqreen fiiri.Yaa waaye asbaxa dhagaxa kugu soo shukaansi raadsaday?.

wareer badanaa!!!

Blessed   

Thanks for starting this topic FF, its way overdue.

This section is by far the most misused on these boards. A part from a few good topics it generally lack insight. What’s the point of having discussions if your not going to achive anything by means of perspective and knowledge. Why do we trivialize womanhood? Why is it that brothers use this thread either to insult females or to chat them up. Likewise the sisters, does the Somali woman not have concerns deeper then bashing on men, what turns you on and what chat up lines work best on you? I’m not saying that these have no place in this board but question the need to only focus on them?

The feminist, shukaansi, gender bashing theme that is common in this forum is getting tired and boring.

I purpose, that we have series discussion. They can be about relationships, work, gender issues, Islam, current events and news, stories...anything as long as it has quality and promotes real time debates. If you have nothing to add to a topic, spare us your sarcastic unhelpful remarks.

Even if nomads insist on discussing topics related to shukaansi, feminism and gender dynamics- at least make it good.

And last but not least. Stick to the topic and don’t start abusing and analyzing other nomads.

So ladies and gents of SOL…. What is it going to be? Do we want to get the most out of this section or continue sending it down the gutter?

Speak now, or forever hold your peace.

P.S

Once again, this is directed at every nomad.

nafta   

didnt i tell u FF...they would try and sabotage any thread openened by a Female!

Waryaada, don't u stop at nothing, first you take over our forum, post it with sexist crap, hijack the threads opened by our sisters, by, may i say, tryna seduce them (and failing), ignore our pleas and cautions...i tell you this is MADNESS MADNESS MADNESS!!!!

hawada nooga baxa...last warning :cool: ... starts rolling up sleeves

Coming back to the point, topics that would be highly interesting to discuss:

Breast Cancer

Single Motherhood

Bringing up children the RIGHT way

Portrayal of Women in the media nowadays

The Pill: pro's vs con's

those are just a few of 'possible' topics. more can be provided on request ;)

waa la is ku kulul yahay aan u maleynaa

.... :rolleyes: u just couldnt resist it yaah

Blessed   

^^^ Come on sister. Be fair, this Forum of ours is based on quality. Our brothers do have a right to take part. They’re input can be valuable also. No, this isn't a typo. :D

I think it's healthy to discuss issues relating gender wars / dynamics - whatever you want to call it.

We just need to start addressing these issues in a different way. Brothers be concise and respectful in your analyses of females. Sisters give them constructive feedback.

All in all, lets stop getting defensive and stubborn about these topics - it just people playing with words and views.

Anyway smile.gif

Nafta

I like your list. Got any more?

We’re also short on topics about gender issues at work. Light hearted fun and games threads will be a nice feature also.

In fact lets stop listing them, if you've got a good topic, bring it on. Post away, nomads. So in no time, we’ll have a half decent discussion board. Insha Allah (am very optimistic) smile.gif

Garab Tuujiye, Action Jackson and Dark Angel

Do you actually have anything to add to this topic?

If so, please share it with us. smile.gif

Tuujiye   

first you take over
our forum
, post it with sexist crap, hijack the threads opened by our sisters, by, may i say, tryna seduce them (and failing), ignore our pleas and cautions...i tell you this is MADNESS MADNESS MADNESS!!!!

Kaalay meeqaa ka baxsateen???

Abaayo xaliimo aan ku dhaho Haneema abidkee ma maqlinee....fiiri waan kugu raac sanahay waxa aad dhaheysid. Laakiin xagee laga bilaabaa hee.

Nafta kaalay labadan evitorka aad ku heysatid makala daalaan miyaa..lol..

wareer badanaa!!!

Blessed   

lols. Ameenah iska dheh, it's Ameenah spelt backwards ;)

Laakiin xagee laga bilaabaa hee.

It's upto you brother. Adigu maxaa ka dhiman forumkan aad is leedahay? Maxaadse ka qaban kartaa?

Wiilo   

Okey let me back up with gal FF.

Let's talk about real issues concerning us (women) like my sis lists couple of them.

CANCER

SINGLE MOTHERS

RAISING and disciplining CHILDREN (without fathers)

like my sis said our brothers are welcome to part take the discussion with conditions though, They should only be allowed to talk about topic and not something "Can't change the topic to somthing else" (love, shukaansi, or some other thing)

I really want to talk about SINGLE MOTHERS 'cause that is big issue concerning a lot mothers in where I live. U can see their struggle with the kids work and "school" forget about that, 'cause they don't have time to go to school. But I don't mine talking about some other issues..........Don't have much time now but I get back to this insha allaah.

wabillaahi Towfiiq:.........

Tuujiye   

Amina kuuseey kuntur waaleey..hadaa run kuu sheego aniga meeshan dumarka loogu magac daray way yaalo badan aan ka badali lahaa oo gibigeed waan kala firdhin lahaa...

Horta irida laga soo galo ayaan isbaalo dhigan lahaa oo gabdhaha feministiga ah iyo raga sexsitiga ah ayaan canshuur ka qaadi lahaa..

Alaha mustaciin...hadaan halahaas wax sii raacsho aniga waxaan dhihi lahaa meeshaan dadka kabiirka ka ah (so sory) xarash haloo wada qabto meeshan halaga ruqseeyo maxaa yeelay ayagaa u ogolaaday sida ee maanta tahay. Marka sidaas daraadeed aniga ayaa la iga dhigi lahaa duqa magaladan (women's thread) FF halaga dhigo duqda gurigan (luuqa dumarka)...

halahaas baan ku ekeeyey xaliimooy...

wareer badanaa!!!

Wiilo   

Garaab Tuujiye leave magaca HALIIMO alone ok.

Secondly maxaa waaye waxa aad kahadlayso?????? Topic ga meesha u qoran ka hadal haddii kale ka bax meesha ok.......

Go figure:........

OG_Girl   

Thanks sister FF for this topic, I was really wondering how SOL used to be and where we got now! . SOL not like used to be!.

I agree with sisters that our brothers have right to share and debate our topics but some times , I wonder if Admin can make room for only sisters so we can exchange sensitive issues consern to us girls/women in general.

Some times I just feel is embarassment to talk and post my comments/experiences about some topics our sisters post here... well maybe is normal but we all not same understanding or some of us really feel shy to talk/comment about certain topics , (for example.. Period pain..etc)..to be honest no way even to discuss with my mom/sisters front of my dad leave alone in public with other guys!!.. well again is only me redface.gif .

Salam