Sign in to follow this  
Fiqikhayre

A new flag for the State of Puntland

2523634405_d6d5130279_o.jpg

Until we get something better, this is our flag in the mean-time. Long live our beautiful state of Puntland.

Sakhar, committed to federalism and unity.

And here's the meaning of the flag

1. Red stands for the sacrifice and the blood we shed, all the halgan and strifes we went through, wars etc. To uphold our freedom and integrity.

2. White for the peace, that we treasure so much.

3. Black, the macdan, oil and wealth we have and also the wars that we fought in, which were dark.

4. There's also a green stripe that stands for fertility and barwaaqo,

5. The Somali flag, which is to honour and remember and honour Maxamed Cawaale Libaan, who is the man who designed the Somali flag.

6. The tree's not perfect but it should resamble myrrh and frankincense tree, which is to represent the land of scents and aroma, which is Puntland.

P.s. The tree in the middle is 'on development mode' so not yet finished. So hold your horses my friends. I will update you later on.

Greetings.

^^^don't u know regions can also have flags, federal or not federal. The national flag will always be the Blue and the White Star.

Btw, above flag look awful. talk abou lack of creativity. Our beloved flag is one of the most beutiful of all world flags, thanks to its simplicity.

Emperor   

^My god that much hate, so any Puntland flag that will be designed, waa in lagu daraa what to signify their Dhaba-******nimo.... YaaB!

War Ilaahay caafimaad haku siiyo...

Shakhar, I think the flag is beautiful, but Puntland has the Somali flag designed by a Puntlander, kaas baanu leenahay Somalina lawadaagnaa

Che keep the wind-up. It's already clear that you have a problem with everything Puntish and what could be represented as a true Puntland asset.

Gheele, if you disagree then you can always design us a new flag if you will of course, any time you like just take your time.

Abdinaasir I totally agree with you that our national flag is one of the most beautiful flags in the world due to its simplicity, but out of sheer lack as I know you're not from Puntland why don't you design us a flag, which is better. I never claimed mine was Perfect but if I may quote :D"Until we get something better, this is our flag in the mean-time. Long live our beautiful state of Puntland."

War nimanyahow stop ganging up on Che, qof Puntland ka xiga meesha ma jooga niman yahow. Who say all should think the same and agree on everything?

Nevertheless Abdinaasir, we will work on it godwilling, as I believe we in that quarter of the country need something that resembles our state.

An appeal to all the creative minds out there, design us a flag that we like and that stands for what our people and state stands for. Thanks in advance.