Sign in to follow this  
Thika

Is N.F.D part of Greater Somalia?

BN   

Entrepreneur

A very well written and concise article on the NFD. It still amazes me how the British with a stroke of a pen gave away the ****** and NFD to foreigners. They decided the future of millions of people without a second thought.... I am too disgusted to write any further.

NFD unukaa leh hadaa nahay soomaali, waana usoo soconaa markii la dhiso khilaafada Islaamiga ee Bariga Africa. Ilaahoow nafta igu siin, anoon NFD iyo Soomaali Galbeed wax kasoo celin, Islaamkana soo xoreyn.

Walee howl waa inoo taal!

NASSIR   

I suggest that you read very interesting African journal if you are interested in knowing the history and politics of NFD. "Somali Resistance to Colonial Rule and the Development of Somali Activity in Kenya 1893-1960" by E.R. Turton. NFD is coined by a man named Ahmed Dahir Lord who owned part of Eastleigh, Nairobi.

Caaqil, I have come across that article before, very thorough detail of the plight of NFD. Thanks for posting it.

Tuujiye   

NFD unukaa leh hadaa nahay soomaali,

......aaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaa.........

Alle U baahne sxb caaaaaaaaaaaaadi matihid walaahi..loooooooooooooool...

wareer badanaa!!!

Tuujiye   

nuune Alle ubaahne Jump ball uu xoore nooh...anagana waan ka qabanay...waa la famahmay waxa uu ka hadlaayo nooh..see waaye adi..

wareer badanaa!!!

Coloow   

Mudanayaal iyo Marwooyin,

NFD belongs not to madax canbuulo

Or the madax korankor

NFD belongs somalis.

I know some true shiftas have been thwarted by the doofareey doofaars who are slaughtering somaliweyn by siding with madaxkorankor...but

the fight for freedom goes on.

Soomaliya ha noolaato

NFD ha xuroowdo

Gumeeysiga gaasiran allah ka gubo.

Naasir, thanks for the article..any idea how I can access it bro?

Paragon   

^^^^ You can speak for me too brother. NFD never was and never will belong to anyone else but to us. The same applies to Somali Galbeed.

dadkiinan aan af somaliga si fiican u aqoon:

UNUKA, waa erey somali oo lamid ah, ANAGA, ee ninkan alle u baahne haku qoslina, ee siday u egtahay anagoo idil waa uu inadhamaa markeey somali noqoto. smile.gifsmile.gifsmile.gif

STOIC   

in spite of their struggle for social justice for their province the NFD people have been muted by their leaders.Marginalized and oppresed as they are, somalia will never be able to solve their problems .This emotional attachment to Somalia has fade away long time ago.NFD needs leaders (not the old) who can be particularly vociferous in their demands for better schools and health system.In order to pressure the kenyan government to respond more affirmatively to their development, the NFD people need to distance themselves from the Clan based ideology that has engulfed Somalia.Now i know my later claim looked like iam blaming clan as the culprit but no that is not what i intended.The resident of the region as a whole need to unite and focus on their development as a region.Somalia and NFD live in a different space One that history can not reconcile at the present state of somalia.

Most of the people in NFD that I come across during my stay in Kenya are interest neither joining Somalia nor independence from Kenya. They actually and the most of the time talked about increasing their influence in the Kenyan politics, getting full rights in the constitution, more development, equal representation in Kenyan parliament and so forth.

I was surprised to hear, their opinion about who they are and what their desire was, given what I was told back home in Somalia (how they dying to join Somalia). I also found out the different attitude sometimes hostile they have about people from Somalia and Somalia as a country. It was totally different attitude that most of people from region 5 (as Og-Girl would like to be called) have about Somali people which is always positive.

Although NFD was part of territories that Somali ethnic people used to settle before the birth of nation states i.e. Somalia, Djibouti and to less extent Somaliland, at the moment NFD is part of Kenya. It’s also absurd for many people in NFD to even suggest joining Somalia or Somalia coming to their rescue. Isn’t it strange for people who their constitution written by Kenyan professionals (supposed to be enemy of NFD) who also their parliament operates from Doofaareey are even talking about a greater Somalia that includes some independent countries. So be realistic and concentrate keeping what is left from the old Somali state and forget NFD.

OG_Girl   

I also found out the different attitude sometimes hostile they have about people from Somalia and Somalia as a country. It was totally different attitude that most of people from region 5 (as Og-Girl would like to be called) have about Somali people which is always positive.

Saxardiid,First of all I don't prefere to be called region 5 but doesn't bother me whatever they call us, as long is Mine and no one denying my EXISTENCE!. being under Ethiopian isn't option at all.

Other hand, NFD,inhabitants are Somalis and they have ALL rights to get their full freedom or to keep inside Kenya and get their full rights as citizens!. Also Region 5 , inhabitants have all rights to get their freedom from Ethiopians but to be part of Somalia or not is our choice too. So I don't care whatever my people to decide to be their own like Djibouti or be part of Somalia, the choice is ours isn't?. Not necessary we want to be part of great Somalia , our goal to get rid of conolizers first!!.We are not part of Somalia now... we are under Ethiopians!!

Salam