Sign in to follow this  
Som@li

One man, and Two sisters!!

Som@li   

Thanks all for your responses, As Ducaqabe put it,Of course, he rejected the offer.

As for him, He was heart-broken for a while ,and we tried to cheer him up, but he felt betrayed. Some aslo adviced him,to run a away with the girl,and take her to another state,but he was more of Wadaad, and did not believe those kinda marrieges are legitimate.

We felt sorry for him, because he had worked and prepared 4 the marriage. Three months after the incident, he married another girl,and 5 days ago, i was told he is divorced.

As for the sisters,i hve no idea if they married or not.

salaam

Speechless, I can’t believe this is happening in today’s age. I wouldn’t care, I would let the young one get married, as for the old one, I’d say she should start looking for a husband, because I doubt anyone will come knocking all of the sudden.

And why the hell would she agree to marry someone that is not in love with her? That’s some awkward stuff. I’m hoping that they get back together soon, if they were meant to be Allah [sw] will bring them back together.

After 3 years 'with' her, he marries someone else in 3 months? I'm sorry for him that he did. Not surprised it didn't last.

If I knew him , I'd say GO BACK AND MARRY YOUR GIRL. Nobody said anything was easy. Try, try again. smile.gif

^Optimist arent you? :D

I would disown my family and run away with the guy. Disgusting. redface.gif

Yeah...I know talk is cheap. But thats some sick shidh. :eek:

Dont these girls have voices? And are they not adults who can make decisions? If you act like sheep... I suppose you aught to be treated like one. :rolleyes:

FF, guilty as charged. Hey, she may still have wanted to marry and it could have been him that backed off. Boy needs to swallow his fear and go get his girl. The faint-hearted never get what they want.

Sincere   

Hypotheticaly speaking, if I was in this unfortunate situation (Ilahiyo iga badbaadi) I would'nt embarass myself a second time around. If she didnt have the guts to reject their irationale decision, then she probably isnt worthy enough for a second shot; at my expense!

Once bitten twice shy...

Sincere   

^^^ Perhaps ....there many possible variables that could have happened. Regardless its a sad ending.

P.s. Glad to see you back and posting

Jacpher   

Very sad ending. I think he should have checked with her family if they would accept him before he invested all those years in her. I guess the guys have a lesson to learn from this story.

Saalixa   

You are all talking as if the family is some crazy-minded, ignorant family. How do you really know that the older girl knew and was deeply upset and was behind all this and the parents agreed to postpone it or do it the other way like whats been said.

You don't know the whole stroy and iam not taking FARXAN's word for it. Sorry Farxan

I just believe that any parent no matter what their nationality would be more than delighted to have their daughter married and honoured with good-trusted person. Regardless of her being the smallest or the eldest. As long as she is with someone safe they happy to take her out of the way and finish their responsibility as a parent.

If i were the younger girl i would just postpone the whole thing...until the parents and older sis comes around. But of course that is not easy and the guy has to be patient and understanding. But then again if he is really in love with you wouldn't he wait no matter the cost???Even if it be another 3 years??? If he doesnt then just let him go coz he is really not serious about you and just wants to settle down with anyone and he is not your true calaf :D So no matter what...you are not at a loss and your true Mr right is still to come knocking at your doorstep....and of course that is if Allah planned.

Som@li   

Originally posted by rayaana:

You don't know the whole stroy and iam not taking FARXAN's word for it. Sorry Farxan

Sis, i hav no idea abt the family intentions,and if they had a hidden agenda,but Home come,they didn't just say NO,THis happens all the time,in similar cases.I ony reported wat witnessed,and how the story ended. Honesly I am well-versed in somali culture,but thse things surprise me.

If i were the younger girl i would just postpone the whole thing...until the parents and older sis comes around. But of course that is not easy and the guy has to be patient and understanding. But then again if he is really in love with you wouldn't he wait no matter the cost???Even if it be another 3 years??? If he doesnt then just let him go coz he is really not serious about you and just wants to settle down with anyone and he is not your true calaf :D So no matter what...you are not at a loss and your true Mr right is still to come knocking at your doorstep....and of course that is if Allah planned.

Postponing is not a solution,I stated that they have been waiting 4 three years.Say,He waited another 3,4 years,and got this end-result? There is alwys a limit.

"The girl has a sister, older than her, and it is not our custom to let marry the younger one first, But since u ar such and such, We can let him marry the older one. (waxaan idin siinay gabadha wayn!!). That was a day!"

LOOOOOOOOOOOL!!!!!

Is this a real story. Its too funny, its almost unbelievable.

I would have told them no thank you.

What did the younger girl sister?