Sign in to follow this  
Paragon

The Fall of Muslim Spain

GAAROODI   

al andalus....if you only new its history.

Abdurahman...may allah bless him...transformed and saved islamic spain. only to lose it due to liberalism and to much tolerance. It was the central pillar of the rainassaince and its main concept combebenthia created today liberal democracies and the notion of multiculturalism. Not to mention the founder of oxford university educated by muslims in the ancient capital of al-andaluse cordoba.

inshalah allah will make it once again a muslim state, today its just a an attraction to big bellied german and british tourists arent even soober enought to enjoy its glory.

Raamsade   

Originally posted by GAAROODI:

Yes, we do. It was former Christian land that was conquered by Muslim armies in a Jihad against unbelievers who eventually used it (al andalusia) as launching pad for the invasion of the rest of Europe (which they failed at the Battle of Tours). After subjugating and oppressing the natives for centuries, they ultimately rose up and expelled their Muslim overlords.

There is more to it of course but that's the history of al andalusia in a nutshell.

Fabregas   

Originally posted by Raamsade:

quote:Originally posted by GAAROODI:

Yes, we do. It was former Christian land that was conquered by Muslim armies in a Jihad against unbelievers who eventually used it (al andalusia) as launching pad for the invasion of the rest of Europe (which they failed at the Battle of Tours). After subjugating and oppressing the natives for centuries, they ultimately rose up and expelled their Muslim overlords.

There is more to it of course but that's the history of al andalusia in a nutshell.
It's funny how you speak(occasionally) to the Somalis on this forum: as if you're some atheist missionary who has come to civilize and teach them all the things they were not taught in your charles darwin boarding School. Of course, sometimes, logic fails you, and you sound like a complete and utter bafoon. Examples include; your pseudo rationalisation in trying to deny Xabashis crossed into Beledweyn. According to the enlightened and liberal, Raamsade, "damn it vas a ze clan militia Alshabab who took Beledweyn and terrorised ze civilians I swear on my beloved Charles Darwin it wasn't them(xabashis)". And then there was you pseudo intellectual celebration of the Tabliq scholars murder with the other athesit nutjob peacenow. "Zey were brobabably terrorist is becuz ze are baakistan and ze having is beardis". Now comes your historical revisionism in summing u the entire history of Andalus and the subsequent inquisiton to a mere liberation of natives from Islamic Jihadism. Khasaro, Qashin.com, recyled neocon thoughts, indeed.

Raamsade   

Originally posted by Fabregas:

It's funny how you speak(occasionally) to the Somalis on this forum: as if you're some atheist missionary who has come to civilize and teach them all the things they were not taught in your charles darwin boarding School.

What is even more funnier and bizarre is your delusional contention that an anonymous guy on internet forum can actually "civilize" anyone. You don't even know me. Nothing I write here is ever credited to me. I know, as a literal believer, it is in your nature to accept ideas on the authority of others, even if you don't know the others. But let me assure that I'm not here to tell you what to believe and I'm certainly not here to "civilize" you; just expressing my views like everyone else.

We're operating in a virtual reality! If you don't like what I have to say, relief is always a mouse click away.

Examples include; your pseudo rationalisation in trying to deny Xabashis crossed into Beledweyn. According to the enlightened and liberal, Raamsade, "damn it vas a ze clan militia Alshabab who took Beledweyn and terrorised ze civilians I swear on my beloved Charles Darwin it wasn't them(xabashis)". And then there was you pseudo intellectual celebration of the Tabliq scholars murder with the other athesit nutjob peacenow. "Zey were brobabably terrorist is becuz ze are baakistan and ze having is beardis".

So, this is the source of your bizarre and half-crazed outbursts above. You're nursing hurt feelings and grudges over what I've said in other threads. Rather than be brave and express you disagreements right there and then, you skulk and stew. Are you coward, Febragas?

A dear advice: never let your emotions get the better of you. Else, you end up making a fool out of yourself.

Now comes your historical revisionism in summing u the entire history of Andalus and the subsequent inquisiton to a mere liberation of natives from Islamic Jihadism. Khasaro, Qashin.com, recyled neocon thoughts, indeed.

Everything I said is supported by historical documentation including Muslim sources. But since you accused me of revisionism, o you Brave Febragas, could you back it up with historical documentation? The following is the established facts regarding the history of the Iberian peninsula:

1. The peninsula was under Visigothic Christians

2. Rapidly expanding Islamic Empire conquered the peninsula as part of Jihad against unbelievers.

3. Almost immediately, within few years, the Reconquista commenced with various native Christians attempting to regain control of the peninsula for the Christians.

4. Muslim forces were ultimately defeated and expelled from Al-Andalusia in 1492 (Granada was the Muslim's last stand).

Do you disagree with any of the above?

Chimera   

1 & 2. The Visigoths are no different from the Ummayyads, they too came by the might of the sword and are originally from Scandinavia like the later Vikings, therefore they are not native Iberians. When Tariq entered Iberia the original intention was not full conquest, most scholars consider this expedition a ''raid'' much like the Berber raids in pre-Islamic times, it's only after the muslim forces noticed a power vaccuum after the defeat of the Visigoth King that they began consolidating this territory.

3. Immediately? what happened to the 800 years of cosmopolitism?, scientific proliferation(that directly influenced the rest of Europe)?, agricultural innovations?, tolerance amongst communities of different faiths? architectural wonders that still sustain modern Spain's tourism industry?

4. Fact.

This was how many centuries ago?

Are we gonna start fighting over who ruled where 500 years ago?

Nobody is contesting the contribution of Muslim Spain to the world of science and arts. But it's kinda ****** to feel sorry for some territory lost ages ago.

Chimera   

Who is fighting who? replies to Raamsade's historical revisionism are exactly that; replies, nobody here is standing at the shores of Spain. :rolleyes:

Dude what are you talking about?

Fighting, squabbling, going back and forth on a forum, that kind of thing. Maybe I should have phrased it "no need to ARGUE about who ruled where 500 years ago".

Chimera   

Man i would love to have you as a classmate

Teacher: Today we are going to discuss the Byzantine Emperor Justinian

Sherban Shabeel: Dude who the hell cares? he died 1600 years ago

Next day

Teacher: Who made the following quote?: Veni, vidi, vici

Sherban Shabeel: Dude stop talking that dead language, its dead, its dead!

sheesh!

:D