Sign in to follow this  
Fiqikhayre

The ceasefire is holding so far

Paragon   

Sakhar, I would like to ask you a simple quesiton; are you happy to have Ethiopians in Mogadishu and Somalia in general? And, do you consider them Muslims?

You know my stance on that issue and I will not engage in any discussions with you on the questions raised or the other matter, in which I clearly highlighted, that I put my trust into Allah and that I'm confident that he will certainly deliver for me. I have full trust and confidence in Allahs cadaalah and judgement unlike many in here, who are ignorant about that Allah is going to take care of these matters, whether people were killed unjustly or mutilated or set ablaze. We have even some, who don't recognise Allah at all. I say if you believe in Allah and you have trust in him, then leave these things to him as he is going to take care of it inshallah. Either way in this dunya or hereafter the people who committed this evil act will pay for it.

So this is clearly something I don't like to be engaged in any further because I only participate in meaningful discussions.

Anyhow this is the latest reports from Mogadishu inshallah.

I told many here that there will be no war today and that there will be no single shot fired and all my predictions came true. Indeed Mogadishu today was calm, serene and peaceful.

I'm a political anyalyist and observer, who knows much more than the average person here and I clearly knew the political game and ramifications this latest development had and still has on the capital of Somalia, Mogadishu. I shall follow events with keen interest that is godwillingly ofcourse.

Mogadishu calm after days of deadly clashes.

03-24-2007, 14h08

MOGADISHU (AFP)

SGE.ILT52.240307140813.photo00.quicklook

A Somali soldier stops people at a checkpoint in Mogadishu. The Somali capital is calm with daily life slowly resuming to normal after three days of deadly clashes between Ethiopia-backed government troops and Islamist insurgents.

(AFP)

The Somali capital was calm Saturday with daily life slowly resuming to normal, after three days of deadly clashes between Ethiopia-backed government troops and Islamist insurgents.

Public transport resumed and grocery shops reopened, albeit sluggishly, in Mogadishu, a day after a Belarussian cargo plane also crashed near the city killing all 11 people on board.

However, Mogadishu, home to one million people, remained virtually a ghost town after the fierce fighting which claimed 24 lives, and AFP correspondents saw soldiers patrolling the sweltering seaside capital.

At the K4 junction, a notoriously volatile but strategic area of southern Mogadishu, African Union (AU) peacekeepers, deployed to help government troops regain control, had take up positions, some on top of buildings.

Somalia, a nation of about 10 million, has been wracked by factional bloodletting since the 1991 ouster of dictator Mohamed Siad Barre cleared the way for a deadly power struggle that has scuppered more than 14 peacemaking attempts.

At least 24 people died this week and hundreds more were wounded in three days of clashes, despite a brief truce Friday. On Wednesday, angry residents dragged and burned soldiers in the Mogadishu streets, a grisly reminder of the fate that befell US special forces in the 1990s.

The government has vowed to keep on fighting until the insurgents are defeated, who, in turn, have said they will pursue their attacks.

Dozens of people have died since January when Ethiopian-Somali troops ousted an Islamist movement from south and central Somalia, prompting deadly guerrilla warfare.

On Friday, a Belarussian Ilyushin cargo plane chartered by the African Union to bring engineers and equipment to Mogadishu to repair another aircraft crashed north of the capital, killing 11 people.

"They are from Belarus," said Muhamoud Hussein Gudabaye, a local government official.

Although widely believed to have been brought down by a rocket, Somali Interior Minister Muhamoud Hamed Gulled said the government was "still treating the matter as an accident, until a further indication is made by an expert."

Two weeks ago, an Ilyushin-76, also chartered by the AU, caught fire on landing but caused no casualties.

The government said it was a mechanical fault but Somali Islamist fighters claimed responsibility.

AFP

N.O.R.F   

Sakher

Again your contradicting yourself in the same post.

You simply know SOLers dont buy your nonsense!

No one is contesting the peace agreement you keep refering to so leave it out.

ps selective Islam must be the latest SOL fad :rolleyes:

Paragon   

Answer the question yaa Sakhar; are you happy to have Ethiopians in Mogadishu and Somalia in general? And, do you consider them Muslims?

It is a very simple question. If you have nothing to worry about you would answer it. I don't know your position on this question Sakhar. I want to know whether you are happy with Ethiopians in Mogadishu and in Somalia or not. Are you happy with their presence and if so do you deem them to be Muslims?

Kashafa   

Why are you afraid to answer Paragon's simple, direct question ? It's not like you have any credibility left that might be damaged.

You have been exposed and your posts in this thread confirm that you are one of the foremost tribal’istic people on SOL (it's tough to beat you, but there are some that would give you strong competition). I couldn't care less, your kind is a dime a dozen, hanging in front of Starbucks around the world, but whats really sad and exclusive is that you choose to couch your support for Adeer Yey and Adeer Zenawi in Islamic terms, invoking Allah(SWT)'s name. I have never seen somebody attempt to pull that impossible feat off. Never. Until I saw your posts. The more you speak, the more you hang yourself with your own words. I'm not surprised at you; I'm surprised at the people who give you credibility. I guess that reflects on them as well. I would also like to remind you and reiterate that due to your unshakeable support for the Ethiopian forces, you have become a indivisible part of them. Thus, it is no hyperbole on my part when I call you and your kind names like Amxaar Orphan or Dhabo-dhilif as they are descriptions (creative but accurate nevertheless) of your reality, and not unwarranted insults.

I think you have a fundamental misunderstanding, or are completely ignorant, of the Islamic concept of Al-Walaa wal Baraaa. If you are able fix that defect, you will be able to see, if not understand, the depths you've lowered yourself in the name of A/Y-support. Ilaahay ha ku soo hanooniyo.

Btw, do not act like you represent Puntland. Neither does Yey, Cade Muse, or any other Tikrey appeaser. The men who represent Puntland painted the grounds of Idaale and Diinsoor red with the most expensive thing they had: Their lives. You and your ilk are an abomination to them and all other Somalis.

They(the thoroughbreds) will never be forgotten. Neither will the Dhabo-dhilfs.

Pi   

Umm, Paragon's question was directed at Sakhar. But I'll take a crack at it anyways

Firstly, I doubt any Somali is happy with having Ethiopians, Ugandans or anyone else in our country. Secondly, there's a difference between being happy about something and thinking that something is necessary. See, sometimes ya gotta drink some disgusting Buckley's Cough Syrup to get rid of the cold.

At this point, the presence of Ethiopians is more or less necessary. In a Utopian world, Somalis and somalis alone would come to the negotiating table. Untie the knots. There'd be no foreign meddlers. Zilch. But reality is different, aint it? Clans don't trust each other. Yes, even when certain clans claim to be deliviering an islamic platform. The suspicions of others were justified. No need to show the arguments for this confirmed suspicion. It's been done on these forum a zillion times with amazing success. Neither the Ethiopians nor the Ugandans belong to any Somali clan so they're the best (the only, actually) arbitrators that we have.

But if I were to compare the presence of Ethiopians with eternal anarchy and savegery, I'd choose the Ethiopians. Why? Add two and two together. Aint that complicated.

Paragon   

The question was directed at Sakhar and Pi you haven't asnwered it even on Sakhar's behalf. It is a very simple question really. Let him answer. I am sure he is more than capable-judging from the lengths of his posts :D .

Now answer Sakhar;

Originally posted by Paragon:

Answer the question yaa Sakhar;
are you happy to have Ethiopians in Mogadishu and Somalia in general? And, do you consider them Muslims?

It is a very simple question. If you have nothing to worry about you would answer it. I don't know your position on this question Sakhar. I want to know whether you are happy with Ethiopians in Mogadishu and in Somalia or not. Are you happy with their presence and if so do you deem them to be Muslims?

Pi   

LOL@ second question. I didn't even see it at first. Do you consider them muslims kulaha. I thought the questions were genuine. Looks like I was the only one who walked into the trap. :rolleyes:

Fabregas   

PI, the suspicion of Somali clans and deep paranoia against one another had quadrupled since the Ethiopian invasion.There is much more distrust. Know the Ethiopians have more of an excuse to stay in Somalia, because they are "negotiating" between clans.

Quote:But if I were to compare the presence of Ethiopians with eternal anarchy and savegery, I'd choose the Ethiopians. Why? Add two and two together. Aint that complicated.

Because you see everything through clan lenses?Which i wouldn't blame you for considering the current situation.

bambo   

whats fuzz about Ehtopians ,

was it ethopian troops that where killin somalis for the past 18 years, Raping elders and minorities , somalis them self where killing each other for the past 18 years .

iTs debatable whether we needed ethopian troops when icu where in power , but is quite clear at present time if they leave, xaamaar and rest of somalia will be on fire - with level animosity that exist today .

I dont understand why we demand so much when we dont have basic needs and want . We somalis should even be happy even if Isreal troops bring peace and stability to ourhomeland and stop being

hypocrite , most of us live in western world , and peace and stability we enjoy are being provided by christin entities - i dont see no one complaining .

Fabregas   

Originally posted by bambo:

whats fuzz about Ehtopians ,

Bambo wrote:was it ethopian troops that where killin somalis for the past 18 years, Raping elders and minorities , somalis them self where killing each other for the past 18 years .

The Somalis that were killing and raping Somali, were the Somali warlords. Those Warlords were all financed by Ethiopia. Thus the Somali people defeated them and they fled to Adiss Ababa. Kabacdi, they were once again rearmed and brought to Southern Somalia by Ethiopian troops. Therefore Qeybdiid, Mahamed Dheere and the Ethiopians are equal to us.The man who hands over a Somali wadaad to the C.i.A is one of them.Nevertheless, Somalis killing each other doesn't equal other have to rape our woman too. Only the weak men and Dhabadhilifs with no sense of honour, shame or deceny would advocate such things.

Bambo wrote:iTs debatable whether we needed ethopian troops when icu where in power , but is quite clear at present time if they leave, xaamaar and rest of somalia will be on fire - with level animosity that exist today .

That is probably true. But it is the same thing that. But that is the same excuse that is being used by the Americans in Iraq today.

Bambo wrote:I dont understand why we demand so much when we dont have basic needs and want .

Because it is a Human instinct to resist and condemn colonisation, slavery and all other oppression. Even animals have this instinct. Furthermore, our religion doesn't allow invasion, violation, occupations and other oppression of an Islamic land. The creator has commanded us to resist this with our hearts, tongues,our wealth and our bodies.

Bambo wrote:We somalis should even be happy even if Isreal troops bring peace and stability to ourhomeland and stop being

I will not comment on this issue. I am sure you didn't really mean it.

hypocrite , most of us live in western world , and peace and stability we enjoy are being provided by christin entities - i dont see no one complaining .

[b

]The Christian entities in the West do not violate our homes, woman nor do they send their armies to attack us in London, Minesota our Scandanavia. Besides, this is really lame execuse. Are you saying an Iraq or Palestinian should support America and Israel just because he lives in America. Are you saying a Palestinian living in America should support her support of the Israeli occupation? According to our religion the hypocrites are the ones who support the non believers and humilating the Muslims. [/b]

Well, Kashafa I know you, for fact I know what you stand for. Believe me, that disguise of yours, I have already seen through. Unlike you, I can afford to not answer insincere questions that I don't want to engage myself in because its my prerogative and because I have stated my position on this issues already. If I were to reveal, what I know and how things really are, this house would come crushing down and I said it many times.

I'm confident and well equipped in my ability to argue my viewpoint across but at the same time, I know, who and what I shall address and when I shall do that. Even if I answered those question for him it wouldn't have been for any use because simply he wouldn't understand anything I said to him because he's already clouded with hate for certain people.

I dictate and lead but I'm certainly not lead nor do I adhere to the popularity of things and why should I put myself in a position, whereby I answer obvious questions for people I already know and who already know my stance? What and who benefits? For me Paragon is not even on my level to tell you the truth.

Sakhar is to well known, for him, to now after six month of Ethiopian troops being in Somalia, to be asked now 'What he thinks' or the state of his happiness or sadness about those Ethiopian troops being in Somalia. The other question is a total farce itself 'Do you consider them Muslims'? This is a axmaq question and sometimes one has to be very careful what he answers because if he engages himself with the trivial and ignorant, then oneself might come across in the same light.

My position is very clear but in a broad and general viewpoint of mine I'd like to clarify to these idealists (I don't believe that they're idealists but I'm talking and addressing the sincere elements who are against the Ethiopian intervention in our country and their stay in Somalia).

I say to my idealists and utopian friends, that you have a valid point if this were ordinary and conventional times, in your anger and frustration about the situation and what you feel about your country being 'invaded', however that valid point is being cancelled out by the mere fact, that these times are not ordinary and far from being conventional but extraordinary times. At times of wars, emergencies and other urgencies, one usually does what he wouldn't do or even dare to dream about in ordinary times. Think of it, the genuine people I'm talking about, where have you been in the last 17years? What state has our country being in since the downfall of the last regime late 1990? Think of it inshallah.

Those folks that think that the Somali Republic still exists and that we still have our army at place, migs and sovereign statehood are dreaming and lying to themselves. In fact they live in utter denial. That's the difference between me and you, dear idealists (I'm talking to the genuine elements here who oppose Ethiopia for genuine reasons of protectin the sovereignty and integral integrety of Somalia).

Wake up from your dreams and see for your own eyes where the country has been in the last 17years. Look at what state it is and was. Open your eyes folks.

The other thing is, that the Somali conflict is complex in its nature and wallahi believe me if I were to go into the origins and psychological reasons to why it has been in that sad state, this house would come crushing down and no one would be able to survive in it.

Sakhar tells the truth and he never shies away from it and everyone knows that fact and I'm well recorded for that. So guys give it up inshallah as I'm well known to be able to produce, if there's the need but I see not any need right now. The folks, who are at my back now, I know very well. I know that they don't have any integrity whatsoever soon it will be to see for all too inshallah. I shall leave it at that inshallah.

Sakhar.

bambo   

Geel Jiira

I dident see any somalis protesting when the minorities where being raped and killed in somalia by their fellow brothers for 18 years sxb.

sxb who granted Maxmed dheera , Abdiqaybiid and etc power none other then there tribe Money and power sxb .

These warlord that You are reffering to do not represent TFG infact they where sacked from their positons ,

They are infact inflaming situation in xaamar today .... because they are no longer majore players in somali politics sxb ......

The reasone why the warlords where expelled from xammar was their refusal to reconice the TFG and to lift checkpoints which they promised and failed. Resident where fed up with their fake promises and one thing led another .....

The movement (kaacaank) was then hijacked by the notoriouse warlord abdiqasim , Cumar Cadani , dahir awayes sxb . Even the TFG was on baord and was supporting the kaacaanka.

The fact are all somalis clans, Factions , parties and etc attendent kenyan peace process that whent on for about 2 years .

Those that did not gain president stataus are today mujaahaadiin right sxb lololol.

Paragon   

:D Sakhar,

My questions were rather simple, direct and honest. Who would've thought that you would write such a lengthy post evading them, when in fact Yes or No could've answered them.