Sign in to follow this  
Bess.

Boycott the bad boy...

Bess.   

Why it is that Somali woman never give the good men in their lives the chance to get to know them. What is the appeal of this stereotypical gangster wanna be Somali guy. I c a lot of nice guys at my Uni who don't have a girl who they can talk to or spend time with, just cause they are nice, sweet, kind and respectable....u don't have to be dating them....I m sure getting to know someone of the opposite sex isn't haram ( I digress from the topic)...

But girls do u agree, that some women are more interested in these so called "bad guys"?...

According to counselors in Columbia University's Go Ask Alice advice column, it's because we don't respect ourselves enough and don't feel deserving of the niceness. But I think it's more shallow than that. It seems that most women get bored when nice guys remove the element of excitement from the scene. The problem lies not with the nice guy, but with the women who won't give them a chance.

It's time for a nice guy's resolution.

Whereas a nice guy will walk you home from the library after a long study session and not demand anything of u as if he is entitled just because he helped u, like a bad boy would,

Whereas a nice guy listens to hours of sobbing and tells you you're pretty while you scrutinize two sentences a bad boy said to you and shovel Ben and Jerry's Chunky Monkey into your red, swollen face,

Whereas Mr. Nice Guy never sounds as appealing as Mr. Denali, Mr. baggy pants or Mr. Player,

Let it be resolved that not all nice guys are pushovers.

Let it be resolved that kindness is a positive personality trait, not an excuse for failure.

Let it be resolved that women who fall for jerks are not worth falling for in the first place.

The bottom line is that women want a man who is charming, sexy and a little mysterious. While bad can be sexy, it’s also unreliable, irresponsible and just rude. Women need to stop glorifying the bad boys in their lives and start appreciating the kind ones. Who says that nice guys aren’t all those things and more, if we give them the chance to show us what they are capable of…

Ps…girls, it’s the good one’s who end up with the great jobs and the great educations….

Pacifist   

chilli lmao

Is it me or is it Hunting season or oky its summer inleyyn ballo...

;)

I was wondering with all these topics about pretty boy qarxis me and all lol

Bad boys are very donjuroussssssssss like someone I know said it... Run Run Run Run and run a mile .. Chilli I concur wit yaaaaaaaaa

The brothers at my Uni that one was funny but true.... Ya girls give the brothers a chance Oky chilli shall we start a plan for the sis and bro at the Uni What say you..

Whereas a nice guy will walk you home from the library after a long study session and not demand anything of u as if he is entitled just because he helped u, like a bad boy would,

Whereas a nice guy listens to hours of sobbing and tells you you're pretty while you scrutinize two sentences a bad boy said to you and shovel Ben and Jerry's Chunky Monkey into your red, swollen face,

Wow some one I know has done a great job :D I promise I won't tell...

Originally posted by Bishaaro:

Nice guys are b-o-r-i-n-g. Cusbadaa ku yar
redface.gif

LoL..ma waxaa ilowday sida cusbada wax loogu daro... Too much cusbona kuuma roonee deh!!! :D

Cheers

lol   

Besbaaso: I think the reason we are attracting to bad guys is because, those nice brothas seem flawless and its scarry, because.. they gotta have faults.. somewhere. I mean think of it.. u meet this guy and he is so sweet...so good... rn't u gonna wonder if he is a psycho behind doors? Ofcourse....so u might as well deal with this bad guy whose faults are out...than one with a worst flaw

I got this two..................................

Originally posted by Bishaaro:

Nice guys are b-o-r-i-n-g. Cusbadaa ku yar
redface.gif

Let it be resolved that women who fall for jerks are not worth falling for in the first place.

Freaks say....I gotta some cusbo+ more honey... smile.gifsmile.gifsmile.gif ...

OlD ScHoOl...

salamz:

you don't get it

it is not bad boys gurls want; they want a nice boy, that is a bit of a thug,

you don't want someone that always agrees,thinks ur da whole world, too much attention hurts ur heart; instead they have disagree sometimes, have their own life and personality, and have somewhere to go when u have one of them bad days that no matter what he says or does ur gone be pissed off.

and at times act like u don't care. smile.gif

the nice nice behaviour we expect frm our gurl friends, if the guy has the same qualities, we get confused, start thing something wrong wid you!! :confused:

How do you define a 'bad boy' anyway?

Is it a womanizer? A criminal? An addict (drugs, alcohol, khat..whatever)? Someone who's emotionally damaged? Someone who's physically

violent or verbally abusive?

Is a geek with a video-game addiction a 'bad boy'?

Is a footie fanatic a 'bad boy'?

dawoco   

Besbaaso, intresting topic. You know when i see a somali guy slighlty "bad boy-ish", i immidiately think that he is a push over that acts how he thinks "cool" ppl act, a show-off with not much to say and someone with little to no prospects in life, as he is most likely to do whatever his friends approve of, as opposed to whatever is in his best intrest.

In short, someone i wouldn't waste a minute on...

Bess.   

Originally posted by dawoco:

Besbaaso, intresting topic. You know when i see a somali guy slighlty "bad boy-ish", i immidiately think that he is a push over that acts how he thinks "cool" ppl act, a show-off with not much to say and someone with little to no prospects in life, as he is most likely to do whatever his friends approve of, as opposed to whatever is in his best intrest.

In short, someone i wouldn't waste a minute on...

... :D:D ...exactly....if someone is so obsessed with others think of them and they act according to others wishes of them...then they have nothing much to say or contribute....it just means that they are insecure in their own personality, that they feel...they don't measure so they imitate others to feel good about themselves....I have no time for an insecure man....who hasn't decided who he is yet...that he has become someone else entirely..... :D

ps...to me "a bad boy"...is a wanna be...someone living a stereotypical or an imitation of someone else's life...someone u can't count one...cause they unreliable....player wanna be....gangster thug boy....who still by the way has an accent ...but acts like he was raised in the streets of Compton....or some other ghetto...a bad boy ...is the ultimate fake.....I don't know about y'all ...but I don't trust fake ppl...

Rahima   

I think that once girls reach the age of 20 or so, they soon realize that the bad-boy is all wrong for them.

The cool bad-boy image is what girls are attracted to in high school because it is the “in†thing- they grow out of it quickly me thinks! Unless they are bad-girls themselves, which then makes sense.

Then again, what exactly do we all mean by bad-boy? For me it is the chain-smoking, qaad-chewing, night-clubbing, gorgarad-wearing, unemployed, uneducated young brother who is also a womanizer.

wow, u guys have it twisted; or maybe i do; i though bad boys were people who do dere own thing regardless of what others thing (hence they we labelled bad boys for not following the trend)dey normally have a little crew dat runs around for them, treating them like a big boss!! :D

with this definition; i think the followed is better than the follower

J.Lee   

Personally, I like the Bad Boy attitude with the nice guy respectability nooh ;) .

LooooooL, War Balaayo. So basically Nice guys are safe,submissive, and act like our girlfriends? How nauseating!

BTW, Pili Pili. It seems as though you have had some run- ins with bad boys, Care to share? you know strictly for educational purposes, and all smile.gif

Bess.   

msword....it was just an example and i don't waste time with "bad boys".... ;)

ps... not all good guys are

So basically Nice guys are safe,submissive, and act like our girlfriends? How nauseating!

some good guys...are confident, strong and safe...wat is wrong with safe....it means u can count on him.... :D