Sign in to follow this  
Sophist

After the warlords-- Where will the ship dock?

AYOUB   

People, I remember Sophist being even more downcast about Yey TNG, maybe he is a pessimist cynical git by nature and nothing sinister :D . He reminds me of Qaasim's ;

In dagaal dhammaadaa qofkii doqoni moodaaye

Nin da'weyni waa garan qabyada diillimaa hadhaye

Hadduunbaa digtoonoow horliyo hawl la dawdabaye

As for the topic, at this moment in time, the people down south have three options: their US-backed warlords, Ethiopia-Yey's Baidoa warlords or the Islamic Courts. I, for one, believe they should give the Courts a chance and support because the other two wont improve their situation an iota.

Rahima   

^Did I delibarately mention that you are a coward?

Yes and not only once mind you. Allow me to jog your memory:

So, to your point, it seems you are scared to publicize your joy in here, which is the characteristic of Cigaal-Shiidaad.

which I ultimately believe is what gives you the attribution of Cigaal-Shiidaad!

Come on, Eedo, don't allow the feeling of guilt kill me, please!

Good :D .

^Because of her Masha-Allah smartness, this girl is very dangerous and I wonder how her future husband is going to handle her extreme intellegence?

:D

The truth has finally reached mainstream somalis across the country and shiikh shariff and Aweys are determined to shift the boat to places beyond muqdhisho. First of the court systems as i've been explained to by a friend of mine who recently came from Xamar is runned by mansha allah young men between late 20's and 30's who are relegiously trained in both abroad and inside somalia and they carry out security checks and public fundings. No wonder all of muqdhisho support them and beyond

The truth has finally reached mainstream somalis across the country and shiikh shariff and Aweys are determined to shift the boat to places beyond muqdhisho. First of the court systems as i've been explained to by a friend of mine who recently came from Xamar is runned by mansha allah young men between late 20's and 30's who are relegiously trained in both abroad and inside somalia and they carry out security checks and public fundings. No wonder all of muqdhisho support them and beyond

sample of some islamic court servie people

http://www.hiiraan.com/news/2006/jun/Bannaanbax-Mogadishu.aspx

Xoogsade   

Alle-Ubaahne, sophist's concern is valid considering the history of religious movements and their different methodologies.

It is just too early to worry about the courts fighting with each other due to ideological differences. The fact that they united under one banner despite their differences could be an indication of their maturity and their understanding that support from the average person depended and still depends on unity.

I tend to worry about infighting in Xamar myself but not on religious grounds but on who should be the sole authority in that city. There are pockets still outside the courts jurisdiction and they wanted to bring those under them. If these pockets refuse to be incorporated, there could be a war. The warlords who lost left some road blocks in tact and the men manning those are being convinced to emulate their defeated masters and go. It is too difficult for some to give up a xaraam source on which they depended for so long. There is much work ahead to be done and possibly some conflicts may arise unless God says otherwise.

Maf Kees

I have no such information. And you are right about both men and your assessment about somalis in general struggling with clan loyalty including many somali who are very religious and secularly educated. You would see a doctor sitting obidiently listening to a carppy old somali man with no degree of any kind and obey him.

Sophist your fears are far-fetched I don't believe the courts will have a show-down amongst each other. Most Somalis who consider themselves orthodox are pretty lax with each other as long as there are no explicit sufi or sufi-influenced thoughts floating around.

Kashafa   

As long as there is a theological difference (I am not talking about Furuucul Islam here) the potential for a teeth bloody show down is not far away

Brothaman, you mind tellin us what 'theological difference' there is between those you call Tabligs, Salafis, and heavy-duty Salafis ( :D made that up ) ? Remember, key word is theology.

I tell you there's none. They're Ahlus Sunnah mainstream Muslims. All of them. Without one iota of difference in Aqeedah. The fact that Salafis consider beard-growing waajib and Tabliqs encourage khurooj doesn't really constitute a 'theological' difference, does it now ?

Now, I agree with most of your analysis, it's just the unfounded fears that hold no water that I disagree with. Somalia is not Afghanistan and Mogadisho is sure as heck not Kabul. I'd say the biggest threat now facing the courts is Ethiopian intervention to prop up A/Y's goverment. That would be reminiscent of the Afghan experience and many years of bloody civil war.

Sophist   

Waxa wadanku uula degi la'ayahay waxa weeye qashinkaan dadka maskaxdooda ka buuxsamey. Walaalkey Alahe Ubaahane, bal ha iisheego Islaam diidnimada iyo Qabyaalada meesha ey kaga taalo maqaalkan kor ku qoran.

War Rabi halaga cabsado.

Fadlan walaale, point out to us and I shall repent wholly. If you don't do that you are at a risk that Hadalkaaga in aan wax danbe laga soo qaadin.

Salaam,

I gather Sophist assumption is based on "What If" scenario, but infact as Kashafa stated there is no differnece in Caqiidah as they are all Alhu-Sunnah wa jamaacah, the four Madahibs are same though they have a minor issues in certain areas of applications, the fact Ahmed bin Xanbal was the student of Shaafic, and Shafici waa the student of Malik, they are all our salaf, and even our modern salafs the Ibn Cabdulwahab of najad was the follower of Ibn Taymiyah, while Ibn Taymiha was the follower of Ahmed bin xanbal, and circle just geos back and fourth. they all have the same Quraan, and Sunnah. Wa mabcda al xaqi ila dalaal: "Such is Allah, your real Cherisher and Sustainer: apart from truth, what (remains) but error? How then are ye turned away?(10:32) ÙÙŽØ°ÙŽÙ„ÙÙƒÙم٠اللّه٠رَبّÙÙƒÙم٠الْحَقّ٠Ùَمَاذَا بَعْدَ الْحَقّ٠إÙلاَّ الضَّلاَل٠Ùَأَنَّى تÙصْرَÙÙونَ (32)

Your of point of thinking sectrian bias and political hidden agenda referencing in earlier conflicts is not tangible, and there is no any where you mentioned Qabyaalad.

The Wadaad in jiidali have the same Saxiix al Bukhari with his counterpart - the other Wadaad in kismayo,Zaylac and Hargeisa, and that isn't only confined in Somlia but also in world wide, but some people still like to create problems from just the thin air, lets wait and see what happens.

Originally posted by Sophist:

Waxa wadanku uula degi la'ayahay waxa weeye qashinkaan dadka maskaxdooda ka buuxsamey. Walaalkey Alahe Ubaahane, bal ha iisheego Islaam diidnimada iyo Qabyaalada meesha ey kaga taalo maqaalkan kor ku qoran.

War Rabi halaga cabsado.

Fadlan walaale, point out to us and I shall repent wholly. If you don't do that you are at a risk that Hadalkaaga in aan wax danbe laga soo qaadin.

Sophistow, adna waa ogtahay, anigana waan ogahay, ee walaalow qasadkaaga iyo ujeedada aad leedahay gaar, koley dadka inaad tashwiish ku furtid oo aad sheeko aan loo joogin abuurto baad rabtaye. Waxaan hubaa in waxaad qortay iyo cinwaanka aad u sameysay ay ahaayeen intaba arimo salka ku haya qabyaalad iyo qabiil.

Ilaahey ka cabso, oo ummada ka daa waxa qalbiga kaaga jira oo aan oran karo waa walaac aan loo meel dayin.

Sophist   

Waan gartey, waxaad awood uleedahay inaad Qalbigeyga daalacato?

I think the line from that famous poet should suffice here:

Cad Haduu Carada kaaga Dhaco Amase Ciidoobo

Caqli nimuu ku weyn yahay macuno Calafka qaarkiise

Aniga gabankani waa iga ceynkaas.

^^Caruur war la'aan baa cadaabka looga xoreeyay! ma waxaad is tiri Alle-ubaahne gabayga ma holiyo? Walee tan fadeexo iyo waji-gabax waxaan aheyn kalama tagtid, ee iga dhageyso, wiil yahow malagiisu wato:

Cimrigeyba waataan maansada ka caga-jiidaa'ye

Isma oran ciyaal baa caasha kuula soo gali'e

Ciziyo sharafbaan biday inaan ceeb ka dhowrsada'e

Culimo dhasheediyo waxan ahay wiil cafiifsoon'e

Balse cilad baa jirtiyo caruur aanu caalweynay

Ee caalamkow fiirsada casharka uu qaato!

Ma waxaan kaa celinayaa diinta Caadilkeena?

iyo Caaqilkaad u gaftiyo caalimkii SOL e

Cindiga waxa kaaga jira cudurka naafeysan!

Diinu-caayga wateey ku jabeen duulki shalay'e

Ciidankii rabaad nacebtahoo carro u qaaday'e

Caqli laga dhursugo maleh walee cunugan duuflaaley!

Cadowgiin hajabo qoomki Xamar ciidmay, oo

Citiraafay Nabigoo ummadi qaar ceynshay

Cidwalbaa waatey ku faraxday coomaadigase ma'oji

Cakuye nimaan ciil ka bixin waligiis ceebowye!

Sophistow cuqdad baa ku heshay cishada maantaaye

Ciziyo karaamana malihid aan kugu cizeeyaa'e

Muslimkii ciyaar buu tuntoo ciid kuwada taamye

Adiguse caraabaa tiyo qoomkii Cabdullaahi

Inuuse Eebahey ku caafiyo, caawa aan ku duceysto!

Ok, do I proceed, or I bombard you with more strikes? :D

Originally posted by Sophist:

Waan gartey, waxaad awood uleedahay inaad Qalbigeyga daalacato?

I think the line from that famous poet should suffice here:

Cad Haduu Carada kaaga Dhaco Amase Ciidoobo

Caqli nimuu ku weyn yahay macuno Calafka qaarkiise

Aniga gabankani waa iga ceynkaas.

War ku mee, xageed ku baxsatay!