Sign in to follow this  
Miskiin-Macruuf-Aqiyaar

Soomaali Soccer Week in Toronto

Salaan...

There was a tournament week held in Toronto this past week. It is held every year. Participated by teams from all over the world {a little exaggeration there though :D }. This year's participating teams were from Holland, England, Ohio, Minneapolis, Rochester, Atlanta, and several teams from within Toronto itself. Its final conclusion game was held on yesterday. And I went. God, was I surprised or what.

I must have to say this. I was really flabbergasted or rather astonishly surprised to see my fellow Soomaalis fill the stadium on the final day, and cheer the two oppossing teams, without resorting the USUAL tactics out of the game that was associated with this tournament in prior years. It really touched my heart in a special way to see my brothers and sisters sitting there, cheering and nothing but supporting. I say I am surprised because we in general Soomaalis is known to criticize the least minor things. We enjoy to find fault with that.

But Ilaahaa Mahad leh, to my very surprise it was really a good game. What even surprised me was that there were all walks of life of Soomaalis were there. A wadaad with a gar like God-knows sitting or sharing the spectator stand with canbaro with tight clothes there { :eek: , see you don't see that in many places}. A faarax who was enjoying the game, rather than giving the usual dacaayad against his fellow faaraxis--players or otherwise. I hope this supporting continues and expands to the other Qurba countries we Soomaalis reside.

By the way, the final teams were Banaadir and Soomaali Star. I heard--see, I and my friend left after half-time due to the unexpected stormy rain that forced most of us all but to leave--and Banaadir won, so it had been said.

Dhimbil   

good to hear that sxb, but you mean minnefabolous pple didn't win....darn.....next year watch out...lol

peace

Salaamu Alaikum,

MMA this is good to hear but a wadaad gar dheere sitting next to a canbaro with tight jeans and tight shirt exposing her gifts to every faraax in a stadium this is rather surprising :eek: I

hope that wadaad was not our online friend or there is will have been world war sadex ;)

Secondly, can you please inform me of how well did my boys do ? those wearing three lions on a shirt !!! what you still do not get me i mean the faraaxiinta from England icon_razz.gif

-----------

Ta Ta Tatata England !

Ta Ta Tatata England !

Ta Ta Tatata England !

Ta Ta Tatata England !

Ta Ta Tatata England !

Come on English faraaxiinta :D

MMA,

I'm glad it was nice, I went last year for the 1st time, and I didnt even enjoy the game coz I was busy greeting old friends that I havent seen for a while, there was alot of out of towners that I was also checking out ;)

Mujahid,

this is rather surprising I

hope that wadaad was not our online friend or there is will have been world war sadex

Why? Most wadaad's always say " Acuudu bilaahi" as they enjoy the view ;) , nothing new there, why WWIII :confused:

Ameenah,

If you're refering to the same guys I saw last year, we need to go over the meaning of the word Fine redface.gif coz, that is not the word that comes to at all (more like...blah) :D

Salaan...

Aamina and Mujaahid, I hate to disappoint you. Especially, Aamina. Fine? You mean these folks are fine:

uk.jpg

This is your representive team from Yuu-Kee {UK}.

Look at them. Just look at them. Look the guy on the far right side. My God! Is that a belly or what??!! Even Homer Simpson doesn't have a belly like that. And he is playing banooni with that belly. Oh, Lord. It is about time the guy got a reason to explain what gym means these days and why doesn't he go there--according that belly. Teeda kale, what is the all-white jerseys? Is it their kafan? I mean, I had never seen all-white jersey. That explains it all. The guys don't even have a sense of fashion, let alone a stylish game.

Now, yes. Look how FINE Banaadir folks are:

banaadir.jpg

Look our homie boys.

Maba u dhawaan kartiin. Calool kuusyaasha aa keensateen, oh baliis, naga ceshta. And don't send them back next year. I only seen the final game, still I can imagine how England played with that GUY.

Macsalaama!!

Baydan   

Macruuf that lol is too much yo

Nothing wrong with the UK dudes and their style, I mean according to that picture Banaadir players look like kaniini (yaryariis) Bismilah, kuwaa dabeeshaaba qaadaysa, atleast the guy with the "belly" as you put it, has enough BULK to RESIST the wind (very important when playing soccer) if not anything else okay?

I mean realy :rolleyes: somebody's gotta deal with you. Why do I always feel like it HAS to be ME?

Why can't we have a b-ball teams? I mean, soccer bores me to death! no offence to UK folks!!! Anywhoo, who are the teams again n' which city won (no familiar with names).

Blessed   

loooooooooooooool Miskin,

I have to agree with you. However, that was not the team that I had in mind, apprently they didn't make it to the finals I was told (after dissing my mate about the ugly dudes online lol).

Baydan sweety, your the ONLY one that can deal with him sis. The man is handfull girl, I gave up on him time ago.

MMA, I am in no way inteding to offend you dear. Take it as sisterly love icon_razz.gif

Mujaahid...

Sorry to disappoint you bro, but they were taught a lesson by Minnesota, 9-0 can you believe that? I wish they didn’t even bother going there redface.gif .

MMA

Those guys on the picture were not the best team from England apparently I heard they were the only guys with British passport who were able to fly to Canada.

Some of them can barely run half way the pitch let alone play 90 minutes.

There were only 3 players who really play for a team in England.

''Those guys on the picture were not the best team from England apparently I heard they were the only guys with British passport who were able to fly to Canada.''

sorry i dont no but somethin about that just soo funny

Salaan...

Had anyone been there yesterday?

I was with Atlanta. The two teams in the final game were Atlanta and Northern Stars {Toronto}.

I think that was the most exciting game I had ever watched Soomaali play--whether a street-soccer or a tournament.

This was the only game I had seen everyone was watching the game real hard. Some Atlanta fans {including me} were breathing hard wanting to tie the game.

Anyway Atlanta lost by two goals.

Cabdi Bille was there from Washington. So was Mukhtaar Cuti--the best soccer player Soomaaliya had ever seen.

Aamina, this year you guys had sent some pretty-playing lads. ;) UK players were fine this year. Keep sending the finest stars.

And a final message to those flag-waving teens: to be a patriot doesn't mean you have to come in the field and wave the flag and make some qash-qashaad, but don't want to speak in Soomaali. Soomaaliya's flag doesn't need you if you don't want to speak its Soomaali language. La socda saas.

Macsalaama!!

Gediid   

Miskiin

Did you not see my VA boys.Heard they were the bomb especially among the uuhmmmm girls.Year after year they suck on the field but bombs else where ;);););)

Salaan...

Did you not see my VA boys.Heard they were the bomb especially among the uuhmmmm girls.Year after year they suck on the field but bombs else where
;);););)

There was a Virginian team in this year? I didn't know. I only went there twice and I had only seeing some xiito-xiito guys from Columbus and others.

Macsalaama.

It iz ma first time i have been to tha game and i did hear alot about it when i woz in uk and woznt dissapointed when i saw it...the only thing iz some dumb fools started throwing bottles at the players when (northstar) when they won...that shocked me..but all in all it woz a good game...and ofcourse ma LONDON manzz won the game fair and square...and i am a happy woman..

smile.gif

oh and mr shujui (its sujui)....all the london players who didnt make it have british passports and couldnt make it coz it woz work, family and summer school realated...i know this first hand..

The highlight fo me woz when the palyers exchanged there shirts to show that they are a team wether one ins or not...i woz like mashallah