Sign in to follow this  
Che -Guevara

Maybe United Somalia was never meant to be!

It is saddening to see the present situation in Somalia. Genocides, femines and wars have haunted us for ages and things don't seem to be getting any better. Our history is filled with tribal wars and never dying hate. The only time we ever did something constructive are moments when we are being besieged by the outside world. Somalia was never one united state and the way it looks, it will never be one. A decade has gone by since the civil war broke out and the dream of peaceful Somalia let alone United State is distant one. I think it is about time we somalis should admit to ourselves that we can't share anything in life. We have same physical traits, religion and common language however it seems our homogenity is curse all in itself. Talks after talks have gone by and no concrete results ever comes out of them. Iam not pessemistic person but iam begining to think Somalia is better off as divided country. Let every ethnic group with sizeable landmass and significant population have its independence and lets hope these ministates could self-sufficient vialable states.Hopefully we could be peaceful neighbors.

Haneefah   

Che...u know what even though it sounds like i'm being pessimistic, i for once have given up on the hope of unity and peace in somalia, and i believe many somalis share this thought.

I know that we are the new generation with fresh minds and we should be thinking forward but the truth is everyone is tired...this's all nothing but a vicious cycle that will never end...i mean if so much revulsion existed among our parents' generation, you think it won't be passed down to later generations?

We have seen nothing but ten yrs of unproductivity, massacres and horrible atrocities that have had a tremendous impact on all of our lives in one form or another. WE have failed as nation and it's time that we realized that we will never be able to mobilize as a society. Sometimes i ask myself...are we genetically predisposed to all this hostility, aggression and brutality towards one another? the answer?...i have to do a massive research one day insha'Allh..lol

So maybe it's not such a bad idea to split into smaller independent states like you said...that is if and only if other ill-minded somalis will let you have your own state peacefully and not claim it's theirs when they know it's not theirs...that just aggravates me!

Salaamz

Am sorry to hear this brotha Guevara.

Sista Nafisa you said it beautifully we are the new generation with fresh mind's but what makes you say we'er tired and that we have failed i have done nothing wrong so did you,am sorry but am just getting started and so are many other somalians.....!!!!!

I believe in the new generation and i believe in Somalia more and ever befor and please have faith in Allah and your mother land don't let us down we need every one we need to unit and make some change's inShAllah!

May god be with us Ameen!

Wa/salaam

Ladiif   

God forbid, I see the whole somalia under Ethios' occupation...wait, just wait!!...and spliting into ministates will be a Plus for our enemies since no one such state could defend itself on its own.

This is exactely what our enemies want to see happens to somalia.

You're not being pessimist, but a realist. :(

It's a slow realization for alot of Somalis that Somalia will never be the same. Im out of words on this subject b'coz its depressing walaahi.

Nafisa, you've said it all.

Ladiif, anything is possible. Come on Somalia has the longest sea shore in Africa and is probably sitting on undiscovered resources.....etc.

I see the whole somalia under Ethios' occupation...wait, just wait!!...and spliting into ministates will be a Plus for our enemies since no one such state could defend itself on its own.

Strategically, that's right on the money, Ladiif. And economically, the absence of a legitimate government leaves Somalia's lands as an open lot, where precious resources are stripped away in a free-for-all!

Personally, I think it's wasteful thinking to consider Somalia better off as a collapsed state...the wording itself should be reason enough! The international community will never recognize a non-de jure state, hence the lack of status for Somaliland and Puntland. Granted, we're living within Imperial borders, but this has never been an enduring excuse for any other African country. And the arguement that we should separate into mini-states to accommodate tribes, when will it stop? Until every immediate family has his own plot of sovereign land?

shyhem   

I'm not pessimist but certainly i'm not optimist ic about Somalia having peace in the near future.In 1991 there were more educated and civillised people in Somalia than today,but again they couldn't agree at that time, and i don't see any reason to believe that those in Somalis currently, are indeed wiser the 91 generation.

Somalia is dead and i wonder why we have refused to buy the white shroud and rest somalia where it belongs in peace.

Somalia is dead

Strong words, Shyhem. But what do you suggest we do about it? Apply an awesome eraser to all the maps of the world and let Ethiopia and Kenya stretch out into the vastness of the seas? If that doesn't spark a fire under the seat of any nationalist, perhaps nothing will.

I think i will have to agree with Nafisa, Tamina and Shyem on this one even though i still believe the idea of one somalia is not entirely dead. It certainly has suffered major or rather collosal setbacks. I think the idea of ministates should be discussed as one of the ways to get out of this miserable present day situation. These ministates don't have to be independent forever as i believe in more peaceful and prosperous times, eventual reunifacation process can start.

Ladiif....Iam well aware of the sharks sorrounding us, our land and seas. Our enemies shouldn't be the only reason we somalis unite. Lets take a look back at our history the last we went nuts about soamaaliya hanoolaato crap , we ended up shooting ourselves on the foot and our enemies prevailed. We shouldn't build nation just cuz ethopia n kenya wanna tear us apart.

ProudSista.....It is all good to have fresh minds but where are they?...n what have they been doing?.

Jazeera...walaal, solutions can be worked out but who will implement them?.

salaamz

Sheymen,Nafisa,guevara I wonder why you ppl call yourselfs somalian's...Somalia is dead somalia failed,and worse off all maybe somalia was never meant to be what the hell :mad: !!

Just keep your bad thinking to yourself please!!!!!

solutions can be worked out but who will implement them?

Loaded question for just one person to answer, Che. I would say, those who wish for a united Somalia to reemerge, whether they're politicians, businessmen, or community leaders. This may be vague but I think it's an obvious requirement.

You know, it's so exhausting to contemplate on what Somalia "ought to be", what are Somalia's "faults", and what plagues the Somali character. Is it possible that we've excelled so well in criticism that any effort to change is instantly discredited?

I'm ranting, but how is it that one failed institution has tarnished all others? Why must the future be instantly equated with everything NEW? It's interesting that, while the rest of the world grows nostalgic for years gone past, Somalis push for an alien and "brand new" society. For a country that's only 40-odd years old, I think we're being a bit too demanding.

Haneefah   

Proudsista, sweety if you try and pay attention to what brotha Che has posted, you will see that he asked if somalia was better off dividing into individual states. And i merely stated that in light of what has happened in our country and what is still going on...that we would be better off with anything that would bring peace and harmony to our people...even if it comes in the form of separation.

I understand the fact that some of you believe that somalia will be more susceptible to outside intrusion upon the separation, perhaps from the Ethiopians or the Westerns but...NEWS FLASH!!...Somalia today is more vulnerable than it has ever been and will ever be. Therefore, it's about time that some of you look back and see the current condition somalia is under. THEN maybe you will agree to any solution that will influence the current state of affairs!!

Let's try and be realistic for just once in our our lives. JUST recently, in an article on the Record, the present president of Somalia was pleading to the Canadians to assist them with the anarchy ...I don't have the exact quote but his words were something along the line " We have great natural resources in Somalia which the Canadians will be able to EXPLOIT if they come to our country"...Do i blame him? NO, because i know that we are the most stubborn ppl one can govern. He's only human and there's only so much one can tolerate...nevertheless, I may not be a political analyst but if we have reached a stage where our "government" is surrendering to the westerners then what more have we to say?

So i'll conclude by saying that as long as qabiil, hatred, and lack of Imaan(faith) exists among our people, we will never attain stability and unity in our country. However,going back to my point, if each ministate leader (from the north, east and south) is officially given the goal that he strives for(the presidency seat)...root of the main problem...then rivalry between the qabiils will reduce because they will now have their own states, then fulfilling basic human needs such as security can be established and then people(at least the vast majority) will no longer be motivated to kill and to shed the blood of their brothers and sisters...to be violent period!. Hence, reconciliation between states can occur which may eventually lead to unity (All with Allah's blessing of course).

Now i don't have much more to say than to tell you guyz that, because of the love that i have for my people and the well being of my country and how much it hurts to see what innocent people have to endure everyday ...in each prayer i ask Allah(swt) to give us His mercy and to unite us...afterall, only He is able to bring abouts such a miracle!!

Haashim   

Che-guevara, Bro. as Sis. Tamina said you're not pessimst but Realist and our differences (even though we're identical twins in many sides) unfortunately are too deep as most of u are thinking.

Sister Proudsista your ideas are too bright but Naive, many somali-loved Bros. & Sis. are end up with silent or do what u can do and that's it.

I think, unless there is a MIRACLE there will be no united somalia as it was before. so, let's be optimistic and wait a MIRACLE from our lord ALLAH S.W.T.

when the reality is different to your wishes you have to not deny it but face it.

LAMA CANAANTAAN BAA CAANAHA DAADSHAY

N.O.R.F   

ppl why all the negativity?

Not one of us can truly say somalia is a hopeless state, and anybody who does is weak. When it comes to politics in the region, i'm the first one to admit that we are not the best of politicians.

However, i hope insha-allah, when i have done what i have need to do in the UK, i will go back and see what i could do and hope others like me will be there doing the same.

Insha-allah all will be well, ameen!

Salaam

"Sister proudsista your ideas are too bright but Naive, many somali loved Bros & sis are end up with silent or do what you can do and that's it."

Who do you think you are? And please Don't you tell me that am Naive or my thought's are Naive.

I have every right to say what i wonna say and iff you don't like it THEN DON"T READ IT!! :mad:

Sheymen your out off the list your the worst Somalia is what DEAD....Brotha SOMALIA is a live and iff your to blind to see than open your eyes your a sleep !

Until a man/women rises on his own talents, takes PRIDE in his OWN HISTORY, expresses his own CULTURE, and affirms his own selfhood, he will never fulfill himself"

Malcom X

And i do believe in this!!

Wa/salaam