Sign in to follow this  
Taleexi

Clan Conflicts and the choir of warmongers

Yeniceri   

I've been following this story for some time. If both sides don't exercise restraint, it might lead to wider regional conflict and draw in third parties.

I think the source of it all - the Hargeisa regime - needs to fix up its policies of animosity against all its Somali neighbors (Djibouti, Kilinka Shanaad, Puntland). Where is Somaliland planning to go with such hostile policies? Then, when push comes to shove, they know how to run their lips and blame everyone but themselves when, in reality, its they [Hargeisa regime] who started it all. Before men with clan affiliation to the Kilinka Shanaad were detained illegally and handed over to Ethiopian intelligence for long-term incarceration or execution, was there such bitter tribal animosity between these two Somali communities? I think not. To resolve a problem, we must address its source.

The situation seems grim as the conflict is expanding, and clouds of war are hanging over the region, when the
neo-fascist Faysal Ali Warabe
joins the choir of war mongering and starts beating the drums for a full-blown tribal war. As leeches thrive on animal blood, Mr. Warabe has made a career out of fanning minor clan conflicts,

Yet, not only is this neo-fascist allowed to speak publicly, but he's actually considered a "leader". How sad is that?

Ina Cali Waraabe is by far the filthiest Somali politician in the post-91 era.

NASSIR   

It is a terrible policy in their handling of Somali people considered "Alien" at Hargeisa and Burco. What these so called leaders have done is turn the residents, public officials, security enforcement personnel of these cities against their own brethren through the mass manufacturing of clannish propaganda and the bandwagon of hatred with which to allure the support of Abyssinia and outsiders. Therefore, they couldn’t predict the effect on which deporting and alienating Somalis of Zone Five region would bring about on their economic soil.

Bossaso is booming economically because of its lower fee charges on imports and exports and the hospitality that merchants amass from the city administration and residents.

RedSea   

Originally posted by Yeniceri:

I think the source of it all - the Hargeisa regime - needs to fix up its policies of animosity against all its Somali neighbors (Djibouti, Kilinka Shanaad, Puntland).

Assalamu Calaykum,

So Yeniceri, you would sugest that we put all the blame on Somaliland and make Abdullahi Yusuf and his region Puntland the victim as a result of "Somaliland's aggression". I wouldn't put it that way if I were you. If you are going to blame anybody for this then blame all the the politicians from Somaliland and the regional state of Puntland for hitting two brotherly poeple who live and inhabit same region against each other.

I am not singling out any politician, because I am merely blaming all of them, but if I did, I would say the actual source of it all is Abdullahi Yusuf for he wants to destablize Somaliland, but only Allah can do that not a tired old man like he.

Moreover, since when did Somaliland ever had any problems with DJabuti. They are very closely related Somali people and I don't seem to know any harm that Somaliland has done to its neighbor Jabuti. If you know any share it with us.

Yeah Yeah we know they are two brotherly people do you have anything else. Abdullahi Yusuf supplies weapons to ONLF, and Yen, why can't you stress the violence that has been commited by ONLF against Somaliland's business people. The ONLF blew up at least 50 trucks that belonged to Somaliland's business people. Those were unjust actions by the ONLF and I don't see you mentioning that anywhere or are you intentionally ignoring those facts.

The bottomline is don't single out a just one for the problems of all other. indeed where there is a problem there is two sides to the story, you only took one small point of view.

Assalamu Calaykum.

RedSea   

Originally posted by Caamir:

It is a terrible policy in their handling of Somali people considered "Alien" at Hargeisa and Burco. What these so called leaders have done is turn the residents, public officials, security enforcement personnel of these cities against their own brethren through the mass manufacturing of clannish propaganda and the bandwagon of hatred with which to allure the support of Abyssinia and outsiders. Therefore, they couldn’t predict the effect on which deporting and alienating Somalis of Zone Five region would bring about on their economic soil.

And what about Puntland, or are you one of those who claims to be a rightous person yet at same time ignores the wrong doings of Puntland. Wasn't Puntland also the one that expelled many Somalis just few months back. To make it worse, many somalis who are trying to get into Yemen go through Bosaso and they never make it, because of the size of the boats that they put on to, yet the so called regional government of Puntland does nothing about it. As a result of this hundreds die or get rescued by American ships on the Red Sea.

Bossaso is booming economically because of its lower fee charges on imports and exports and the hospitality that merchants amass from the city administration and residents.

Good for Basoso, but not quiet there nor can we measure along the line with the Berbera Port. Berbera Port has twice the business capacity than Bosaso. Bosaso Port only fits two big cargo ships and it's not deep enough while Berbera can fit as many as 6 big cargo ships.

I am not saying Somaliland doesn't have problems but you oughta also recognise the problems of your respective region in order to balance it out here.

In addition, don't change the subject and all of sudden throw econmics in there. We were talking clan conflicts, so if you are not triblist minded person why did you bring the whole Somaliland region into consideration? save your hatred for some other topic would you.

Assalamu Calaykum.

NASSIR   

Red Sea, The economic implication of this debate is relevant as far as Somaliland's handling of Somalis considered as "Alien" at Berbera and Hargeisa is concerned because the impact of their influx was felt at Bossasso by their switch to Bossasso's port, and actions they took in retaliation to that.

is there any feelings of doubt you habor about the deportation that you think i am biased to comment on it? Do you have facts to prove otherwise?

Saaxil   

The WardheerNews's editorial blames both Somaliland government and ONLF bad policies toward their respective constituents. Unfortunewely Mr.Caamir missed the point, he sees the word Somaliland in which he may have a phopia as he only stresses the injustices against the Ogden’s, but failed as highlighted by the others to critique the ONLF killings and burning of the civilian properties. As they say it, silence is a sign of agreement. Too bad Caamir, you need to open your mind. Mise arintu waa " wixii horey u daashaday wali daba socdaane, aniga uun baa.. Tima Cade.

u know i dont really follow warlord dramas, cuz its a lost cause to me! but some how i feel our for fathers and independence leaders are not crying from heaven cuz of the warlords, but us who youths are played like a broken fidel by the the current warlords.

do really i care what cy, blue tooth (reyaal), or any other warlord say.....naah! all i am concerned is for them to bite the dust!!! whether that happens peacefully, or magically or thru brute forec, i dont give a damn!! till then plz spare the cheerleadership hadal badan!!

i got 4 somali roommates these days! they from north, south, west, etc., we aint got no problem... we might fight on gals!! but hey man couldnt solved that in heaven what makes thing that they can resolved on earth!

however, i cant figure out why would anybody give a minute of his or her time to warlord!!

Yeniceri   

Originally posted by Red Sea Casse:

If you are going to blame anybody for this then blame all the
the politicians
from Somaliland and the regional state of Puntland for hitting two brotherly poeple who live and inhabit same region against each other.

If I'm not blaming the politicians, who else am I blaming? The average dude walking down the street in Hargeisa? C'mon man. This is politics - I'm talking only about the politicians, for they shape the politics in question.

I am not singling out any politician, because I am merely blaming all of them, but if I did, I would say the actual source of it all is Abdullahi Yusuf for he wants to destablize Somaliland, but only Allah can do that not a tired old man like he.

C/llahi Yusuf can be blamed for a lot of things, but the ONLF burning cars in Kilinka Shanaad is not one of them. You can make the "clan connection" to try and find an easy way out. But reality states that C/llahi Yusuf relinquished his support for the ONLF when he joined Team Ethiopia (SRRC) as a full-fledged member. One of the Ethiopians' demands was that he immediately stop aiding the ONLF. Since then, the ONLF has been denied access to use Bossaso port (on Col Yeey's orders) and a halt to weapons shipment. Today, the ONLF leadership has a closer relationship to C/qasim Salad-Indhocade camp than to Puntland or Col Yeey.

Abdullahi Yusuf supplies weapons to ONLF, and Yen, why can't you stress the violence that has been commited by ONLF against Somaliland's business people. The ONLF blew up at least 50 trucks that belonged to Somaliland's business people. Those were
unjust actions
by the ONLF

Sometimes I wonder if folks such as yourself choose to blind yourself or that you're utterly ignorant of the subject at hand. Firstly, I've already established that Col Yeey no longer supplies weapons to the ONLF - courtesy of the Ethiopians. Secondly, according to you, its unjust for the ONLF to burn Somaliland cars. Yet, you don't mention why they're burning Somaliland cars. Do you think the ONLF leadership woke up one day and decided to burn cars for no reason? When innocent men with clan affiliation to the ONLF are arrested by Somaliland militias and given to Ethiopian intelligence, is that just action? :confused: And what of the sizeable number of men in Somaliland jails who are alleged members of the ONLF (even though the Somaliland court ruled that they be released)? What's the court for if its rulings can't be enforced?

When Somaliland cars are burned, ina Cali Waraabe is quick to blame Kilinka Shanaad, Puntland and even Kismaayo - and he calls for war. Why can't be address the root cause of the current standoff? Hargeisa's aggressive policies is what caused the ONLF to react in such a manner. And despite his "clan conspiracy" paranoia, the status quo has nothing to do with Puntland or Kismaayo, for that matter. This is another way the Hargeisa regime skillfully diverts the public's attention away from the corruption that continues to cripple the region. Spending over 50% of the budget on a security apparatus that specializes in "hospital invasion" tactics and can't even stop intra-clan warfare in Hargeisa!

RedSea   

ASALAMU CALAYKUM,

You know Yen, go head and critize whomever you want to, because I don't want to have anything to do with this nonsense. It's totally waste of my time responding to endless cycle of accusations.

Assalamu Calaykum.

Taleexi   

Dear Red Sea, Thumb of rule one, don't let your blood hits the roof if you see or read something you may dislike, and btw what is wrong with the logic of if Somalia is divisible then somaliland is no much different.