Sign in to follow this  
Suldaanka

Mujahidad Marwo Amina-Waris

Liqaye   

Do people vote for that position as well in somaliland?

Really I do not know waayo waaqoyiga doorasho uun baa laga maqla.

Fabregas   

^^Yeah, I think they have list of young female candidates, and then the one with the most votes gets to become the wife president or the first lady of Somaliland. ;)

(NO, first lady is a privilige of being married to the el presidento)

horta, is everybody a mujahid in Somaliland? where is mujahid Jacalybro?

^^ smile.gif

Mujahid is a privilege and only certain numbered indivituals earned it due to their selfless service at a time when it was needed most. These men/women fought against injustice, in-equality, dictatorship, jailing, killing and all those other namesake of a bad governance. They stand-for freedom, just and democratic rule.

Minister Cawil, Minister Ciro, Chairman Faysal Cali Waraabe and others are no mujaahids. These are the men who never answered the call for duty when the ladies chanted the famous "Hala-galo dagaalada, ama hooya diracyada"... giving credit where it is due, at least, Ina Cali Waraabe has made himself a name as a staunchest Somalilander on the planet - ninkaa taa waa loo qiray. :D

Originally posted by DALI:

Do people vote for that position as well in somaliland?

Really I do not know waayo waaqoyiga doorasho uun baa laga maqla.

No, the position is not elected. But it is just a ceremonial position and it is good idea for the people to know who their future first lady would be. Many young girls will look up to the first lady and there is no good example of a role-model like Marwo Amina-Waris - an educated accomplished woman and not to mention her role in the long strugle to free the country.

Blessed   

^lOL@ THE NEXT... durba waad siisay jagada, khalaas! :D

Ina Cali Waraabe has made himself a name as a staunchest Somalilander on the planet - ninkaa taa waa loo qiray.

more like a dibjir digaar! :D He's a national embarrassment, qofku. :rolleyes:

*Blessed

Faysal waa nin aanay salaadu ka tegin, jaad cunin, sigaar cabin. Waa nin siyaasadda xun ee yooyootanka media la iska caayo ka xanaaqa. The only problem he has, waxba ma qariyo - he is a straight-talker - which is a minus for a politician. But in every other way, Faysal waa rageedii.

Cadawga Somaliland waxay u necebyiin maha because of him personally, but its because of his uncompromising position when it comes to Somaliland.

^lOL@ THE NEXT... durba waad siisay jagada, khalaas!

Of course, people will decide that in March 2009...But my preference is to see Kulmiye win.

Somaliland needs a change more than ever. The only other capable Party which can deliver that change at this point in time is the Kulmiye Party.

AYOUB   

^ Turue say Suldaanka. I too wish for Kulmiye victory in 2009 but the task will be harder if they don't solve their internal issues with Muj. Labatolleh and Muj. Dhagaweyne.

AS for Faisal, well, some of his COMMENTS (especially when given his enemy's interpretation) make him stick out like a sore thumb in SL, but inside that warehouse down south, those characters' ACTIONS would make him look like moderate backbencher. Pot kettle is all I say to some of his critics.

^^ Waa sidaa Ayoubow...

Laakin waxa runta u dhaw, Faysal Cali Waraabe dadka Somaliland neceb use him as a hate figure aimed at Somaliland itself.

These same people go around with very comments that are usually taken out of context. If you take a small portion of a comment out of the broader context that is being delivered under, it obviously becomes distorted.

That being said, Faysal Cali nin Somaliland u baahantay weeyan. We need him, simple as that.

Xidigo   

Originally posted by B_G:

^

horta, is everybody a mujahid in Somaliland? where is mujahid Jacalybro?

Yes, Yaa B_G, if you are murderer in Somali-land you are Mujaahid in their book, laakiin Aduun waynaha kale waxaa tahay criminal.

Go figure..

STOIC   

You gotta love the cresting of such a powerful speech from a Somali woman. I was expecting to listen to aloof elite giving a speech, but I was wrong. Supremely self confident, I loved how she was effective in delivering all the themes of Somaliland in such a short speech. The domestic political climate of Somaliland must be promising. These kind of talks reflects the differing agendas and perspective people can have in a peaceful way without resorting to war. I think she will be a great first lady.I will be looking forward to the freshness and sponteneitty she will bring the presidential palace. Hope she will exhibit a penchant for equality and merit based society in Somalialnd.

PS Lurking beneath all of Somalialnders words is a suspicion for the southerners only that Feisal does his protest alittle different

;)

Xidigo   

Originally posted by xiinfaniin:

^^looool

wax waalan

:D ^ Ala Sidaa maaha yaa Xiin, bal hada Oodawayne Mujaahidiin the Somali_land soo tiri dheh.

^^Af dab-oolan waa dahab smile.gif

Originally posted by STOIC:

You gotta love the cresting of such a powerful speech from a Somali woman. I was expecting to listen to aloof elite giving a speech, but I was wrong. Supremely self confident, I loved how she was effective in delivering all the themes of Somaliland in such a short speech. The domestic political climate of Somaliland must be promising. These kind of talks reflects the differing agendas and perspective people can have in a peaceful way without resorting to war. I think she will be a great first lady.I will be looking forward to the freshness and sponteneitty she will bring the presidential palace. Hope she will exhibit a penchant for equality and merit based society in Somalialnd.

The only risk which I am affraid could potentially destablise and put the country into an uncertain situation is if the current administration attempts to once again postpone the date of elections.

Other than that, this upcoming elections will hopefully turn out to become a very competitive more transparent, free and peaceful one.

PS Lurking beneath all of Somalialnders words is a suspicion for the southerners only that Feisal does his protest alittle different

;)

How would you explain, the fact that Somaliland is the only thing that unites the Sheekh, the Shereef, and the Shydaan of the Southern players?