Sign in to follow this  
mojam

2005 Champions League

Originally posted by Rooney:

London^^ thats neat!!

where are them Gooners??

United were the last team from england to win it and its about time the next team won it so we could get our drive back to challenge Chelsea whom i have enough respect for..

they havent got any real superstars but some are emerging slowly and its great watching them..

Milan V Chelsea Final!!

I disagree with u about chelsea. Chelsea do have superstars. Arjen robben (future world player of the year), Frank lampard, J. Terry, Drogba, carvalho, gallas (utility man-can play anywhere in back line), Ferriera, makelele. All these are superstars in my eyes, they are either best or among top 5 in their respective positions. But only Robben and Lampard can be considered the very best in the world, can be compared to Ronaldinho, schevchenko and ronaldo. Others are very close but not exactly that good.

N.O.R.F   

What a crazy week, we beat Juve then lose to Man City and now no Gerrard, but Alonso and Cisse in the squad :eek: :D :cool: it not easy being a scouser fan, that its all the more sweater when victory comes our, especially with the amount of injuries we have had this year.

Cisse returns to Liverpool squad

Striker Djibril Cisse is in Liverpool's squad - the first time since breaking his leg in October -for the Champions League match against Juventus.

But Steven Gerrard has been ruled out because of a groin injury.

Midfielder Xabi Alonso is expected to fill in for the Liverpool captain in his first game since 1 January.

Juventus midfielder Emerson and striker David Trezeguet are set to return after both missed the weekend's 3-3 draw with Fiorentina because of mild injuries.

But Alessio Tacchinardi is out as he serves the second of his two-match ban.

French right-back Jonathan Zebina is also missing for Juventus because of a thigh injury and Gianluca Pessotto is favourite to take over.

Liverpool boss Rafael Benitez

Liverpool boss Rafael Benitez will ponder two massive gambles with Cisse and Alonso.

Cisse was expected to miss the whole of the season after breaking his leg against Blackburn last year.

However, Benitez has recalled the France forward even though he has not kicked a ball for six months.

Benitez said: "Cisse will not start the match, but maybe we will use him in the last 20 minutes or so if we need something different and he is quick and can score goals.

"He has been saying for a couple of weeks that he is ready, but we have wanted to be careful and make sure he is okay."

Benitez must also decide whether Alonso is ready to return despite playing only 45 minutes for the reserves since breaking his ankle against Chelsea.

Juventus coach Fabio Capello:

"Liverpool are an excellent squad that defends with a great deal of attention. They are a really good and strong team.

"Unfortunately, we are a bit short on height at the moment and they are really dangerous on free-kicks."

nuune   

Chelsea progress despite loss to Bayern

Bayern Munich 3 Chelsea 2 (Chelsea win 6-5 on aggregate)

Chelsea reached the Champions League semi-finals for the second successive season despite losing 3-2 to Bayern Munich tonight.

The English champions-elect, 4-2 up from the first leg, went through 6-5 on aggregate after weathering a second-half battering from Bayern at the Olympic Stadium.

Bayern came fighting back with two goals in the dying minutes but it was not enough to save them.

Frank Lampard's deflected long-range strike after 30 minutes put Chelsea, without suspended coach Jose Mourinho in the dugout, ahead. The England midfielder let fly from 30 metres and his shot deflected off defender Lucio to beat Oliver Kahn.

Peruvian international Claudio Pizarro gave the four-time European champions hope with a close-range strike on 65 minutes, pouncing after Peter Cech had spilled Michael Ballack's header.

Chelsea then rode their luck with defender Robert Huth heading against his own crossbar and striker Eidur Gudjohnsen clearing a Ballack header off the line.

Ivory Coast striker Didier Drogba sealed the tie with a fine header from Joe Cole's cross 10 minutes from time before Michael Ballack equalised on the night in the dying minutes through Paolo Guerrero.

Mehmet Scholl scored with the last kick of the game for Bayern but it was too little too late.

Chelsea will meet either Juventus or Liverpool in the last four.

I was very dissapoined, though I was gladd the come back of bayern and the way they pressed hard, damn you chelaseaaaa

NGONGE   

Looks like Inter will be banned from the competition next season. 3-0 to Milan. Game abandoned!

Hope the Juve fans don't act in the same way tomorrow. :(

Viking   

SPORT-13s02-DIDEDRAG-860.jpg

SPORT-13s02-dide3-692.jpg

SPORT-13s02-dido4NYY-42.jpg

SPORT-13s02-dide5-108.jpg

SPORT-13s99-kaos-487_368.jpg

big_md-i180301.jpg

This is what it came down to after years of being beaten by the city-rivals. In the last photo...Metarazzi and Rui Costa watch as the flares rained down on Giuseppe Meazza stadium. The Inter fans in the (notorious) North Curve held up a banner saying You have your victories and we have our pride...what pride one wonders!

nuune   

liverpool go through, the game was scoreless, but we won on aggregate

it is chelasea v liverpool on semifinal

great game, nice stuff from liverpool tonight,

I am really delighted smile.gif

N.O.R.F   

^^^over the moon mate, over the moon

_41031327_lpoolvictory300_getty.jpg

I havnt worn a liverpool shirt since their current sponsor was introduced in the early 90s, but i may just wear one now :D :cool:

Intel   

the most mind-numbing, tedious match i’ve ever watched, watched in a hotel in Bangkok with about 60 crazy Thai LP fans…they didn’t seem to care how boring the game was, they sung, chanted and clapped for the whole 90 min, felt like I was in anfield

must say fine effort by Liverpool they beat ‘em at their own game

^^^4get Bankgog....why is there so much fuss nowdays about Wayne rooney's fiance? in every tabloid theres something about her....ok they had a raw (rumour has he slapped her)...i mean every couple have their downs.....why do they have to bombard us with that. huh?

are they the new posh n becks? I hate them 2....victoria sida soomaalida camal bey u ilmo badan tahay. Soomaalida ilmo dhalkooda waanba fahmay....intii soomaaliya ku dhamaatay dagaaladii bey soo kabaayaan laakiin victoria maxaa haayo?

Northener am I in the wrong section?

nafta   

I'm sorry, but I still can't get over the inter milan and ac milan game. Up until now I had only heard about football hooliganism and fans disrupting games, but I've never seen anything like that.

Absolutely classis to watch that was! And the poor goalkeeper getting hit like that, while trying to clear away the firebottles...it's just convinced me that Italians are nutters....total barbarians!

P.S. North, about wearing that shirt....somehow I don't think red is your colour icon_razz.gif (just kiddin) :D

Intel   

Originally posted by Northerner:

forget the game, what are YOU doing in Bangkok

lol

coming back home mate, from 2 week cricket tour to India and Pakistan

N.O.R.F   

^^^its alrite for some init? Cricket trips and the like. So give us a brief report saxiib, how were the two countries, where did you stay? was it what you expected? how did the results go? how many wickets did you take, how many runs did you make? who did you play? did you make freinds? did you go out for a duck? :D how many hours flight?

Call the report, a qaxooti's trip to the sub-continent :D

P.S. North, about wearing that shirt....somehow I don't think red is your colour

Well i wasnt planning on wearing it to an evening function, only to the supermarket in a predominantly Arsenal/Tottenham area :D

As for hooliganism in Italian Football, thats been going on for years. Its a corrupt place.

peace